Reviews for The Problem With Zuko
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
loved it. as much as i love iroh, he did have a major personality change after lu ten died. i really like how you had everyone meet up and kept it realistic. great job.
En Satsu Koku Ryuu Ha chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
This was incredible. An amazing premise that highlights the characters so well. It captures your attention and doesn't release it until the "End." It has such a wonderfully imaginative, yet simple ending.

This premise creates so many interesting possibilities. I shudder at the thought of them being explored.

Whether expanded upon or not, beautiful piece of fiction. A true gem in the "A:TLA" section.
lefkaz chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
WOA! Zuko/Toph, nice mach! How you name it? Zuph? Toko? Zutokoph? Molten Lava?

(purring) Molten Lava...

I just KNOW this is a neverused ship in the usual fics, but, everyone: did you see when zuko burn her feets. she LOST to zuko, Did you see when they go in a "life changing trip with zuko" how she hung his arm, even when she did not need it?

Molten lava? a little too hot for you?

Ok, she is absoultelly underaged, but having sex whit Zuko is something she ABSOLUTELLY migth do. in cannon. not even in ooc.

And she'll do it jus because she knows is wrong.

Let's face it people, she is a PunkRoker

(soundtrack: ramones, sheena is a punkrocker)

Got it? punk-ROCK-er... hahahahahahaha.

Ok, let it make it short, i loved your fic, avodolove (uhng! me and my little word-jokes... i just suck, i know)

i think you're one of the best AU's writter (i mean, in his shoes? another brother? this one? if you're not the best, you'r in rank 5)

i love your grammar stile, and your inner self expressivenes, even in third person!

you make all the stories you 'fic' us too short, even if it is more than a megabyte long. you always let me wanting more.

but you do not spellcheck.

SPELLCHECK ASSOLE!

(just kidding) i STRONGLY suggest to spellcheck by software once, in person twice, grammarcheck in soft and then in person.

This way a erron never gets away.

I mean this: "an" is a valid word, but you maybe wanted to write "and"

Keep working, we have faith in you.

(At least me and my others personalitys. F kin' squizophrenia!)

PS: how about youR own sailor moon fic or your own Ranma fic?

Dont answer me that. just think about it
Goldenkizamu chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
what I love best about this is how it a different story, but much the same. the characters are spot on and the dialogue excellent. I like how the beginning looped to the end, then continue. Huzzah!
Puff the not so magical dragon chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
This was great it could be a full story by its self!
FirePony16 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Awesome story. :)
shouldabeenadog chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Once again, you write a fantastic story. I'm not sure I like the ending, I would have preferred a more noble finality than the promise of the future, though it does make sense in terms of characterization.
Nana'sTeaParty chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I seriously enjoyed this.
umino-gaara chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I think one of the hardest things is to go against your family. I think you did an excellent job with the emotions Zuko was feeling due to this knowledge.
at-kb chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
This story is so great! It's very in-character and subtle. It would be so amazing if one day you could do a sequel!

Thank you for writing!
Feneris chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I really like this story... the intensity and conflict that Zuko has as he learns about what actually happened at the South Pole... and then the feeling of liberation he has as they fly away on Appa... a very good work
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
I was glad that Zuko stood up for he beleive in, and that the gang came back to rescue him.
thepenultimatefailure chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Wow...That was something else...something amazing and awesome! I liked Lu Ten getting some characterization...even if it was negitive. The ripple effect from Lu Ten surviving was interesting, and though it seems this stands incredibly well as a one shot, Id love to see Zuko and the Gaang try to win a war they've pretty much already lost. I liked the little Toko moments towards the end, though I wouldve liked to see a bit more interaction between Zuko and Aang. Anyways, this was an incredible story, thank you so much for writing it.
wolf's lament chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This was absolutely amazing! Admittedly I was lurking around the Avatar Big Bang and fell in love with your summary even before I realised you were the one writing it! The relationship between Toph and Zuko was awesome (can you tell I'm secretly a Toko fan?) as was Zuko's interaction with the other members of the Gaang.

Your portrayal of Lu Ten was really original and very well done. The developing relationship between Lu Ten and Zuko starting at childish admiration to the very adult reality of who he really was was a beautiful coming of age transition for Zuko. I also loved the brief glimpse of what was going to happen at the start, which left me wondering how he got into that situation.

Similar to your other AUs each of the characters seemed really well thought out. From Iroh's kindness yet ruthless personality that would have made him the general who conquered Ba Sing Se to Ozai's indifference which bordered on abuse. It also made sense to me that Zuko realised that he would never get his father's approval even if he did try a bit.

I was admittedly a bit disappointed with Ursa's role in the story, but honestly considering the number of characters you were juggling around and her not being in a similar situation to cannon I don't mind that too much and can understand why her part wasn't very big. I do have to wonder what would have happened in the night if Toph and the others hadn't come along...

All in all a wonderfully told story which has reminded me once again why I love your stories so much. Congratulations also on the success of the Avatar Big Bang!
Lady Dragon chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Okay seriously, how on earth did I miss this? Well, better late then never!

I have to say, this was just awesome. I love how the characters remained true to their canon selves and yet you could still see how the differences of this world had changed them.

Iroh and Lu Ten, I thought, were brilliantly written. And Zuko's reaction to the news of Lu Ten's acts and Iroh's willingness to cover it all up were what I'd expect of him and heartbreaking all the same.

Great job!