Reviews for The Problem With Zuko
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Beautifully well done. I adore this little AU of yours, especially since we don't know that much of Lu Ten or how Iroh would have become this dictator if his son had survived.

What I loved most about this fic was that the relationships between characters remained the same, but the way it affected Zuko was quite astounding. There's no burn mark on his face, but you can tell that he is heavily scarred by his dysfunctional family. To always be manipulated and be put down by others (especially the servants and by his father), it took a heavy toll on our main character. It truly influenced Zuko (but not enough to influence him to think before he acts, haha).

Another thing that I loved about this story was that you had the children of all four nations meet together in what seems to be a miracle, but it all fits. The marriage contract, Lu Ten's coverup, and Azula/Ozai's scheming...It all fit together like a well worn puzzle.

Anyway, I could wax poet more and more about this story, but I won't. I bet others made deeper analyses and mine could hardly compare. All I can say is that you brought the essence of Zuko's character beautifully in this story and you had him evolve over what seems to be two and a half months. The transformation of his character is truly one of the best stories about the Fire Prince, I have ever read.

Also, the fact that you included part of the ending in the introduction was genius. You made the reader expect an evolution, and you did not disappoint.

Thank you so much for the contribution to the ATLA fandom. If I had the money, I would pay the animators to make this a movie or something. Hehehe.

Keep up the great work! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
Cool cool cool
Fireshared chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
Absolutely brilliant, what a read! Thank you :D
LunaStarsNightWayne chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
Yes! XD this is exactly how it would go! XD I wish there was more!
Invader Cole chapter 1 . 8/22/2016
This story deserves a sequel. This was just so amazingly written. The end is so satisfying, but I end up wanting more. You did a spectacular job.
Maddog631 chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
What a beautiful one-shot that features Zuko doing the right thing and betraying his life, his friends, and his family. Zuko doesn't belong there and he took control of his life and made his own decisions.
Secret.Identities chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
Woah... That was amazing. It's really realistic too.
I'm sad to see that that's how Iroh is like, though. Cold-blooded and distant towards Zuko now... at least on the outside.
Oh, maybe one explanation for it can be that Lu Ten still almost died at Ba Sing Se, and it was so close and bad that Lu Ten slipped into vices and Iroh pushed away all thoughts of compassion and humanity for the sake of his son's pretense of honor.
Plus since Lu Ten was there, Iroh didn't come to love Zuko as much.
As for Mai... well that's Mai for you. Locks up her emotions even towards Zuko so neither of them can be hurt anymore than they have to.
It almost confirmed my thoughts about Lu Ten when he went drunk and began loudly regaling the tale of how he defeated the Avatar.
Did not expect Toph until the last moment though.
And the way you told the story was excellent! I was a bit reluctant to read at first because it was so long for a one shot, but you made it dramatic and exciting and /original/ and dangit it was gooood. And that ending... I really thought Zuko was gonna die. But of course Team Avatar would leave hime like that.
THANK YOU for the read. My head is still swimming and heart pounding with the feels.
Fudgy Buddy chapter 1 . 7/19/2016
Amazing story. I think you really captured Zuko's character. Thanks for writing!
SpanishPlume chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
Wow. This is the best, most accurate fic I have ever read. The characterization was perfect. I've stayed away from A:TLA fics for ages because they were mostly the works of various fans who's ships never sailed. But, this is great. This is like the AU I always wanted where Lu Ten survives.
I'm not sounding very coherent, but what I'm trying to say is: This is absolutely the most magnificent fic. If you ever decide to continue this, it will make my year.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
So good I would like to say much but find myself rendered speechless
FaeBreeze chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
Fricken awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
THAT WAS SO DANG AMAZING I READ THIS WHOLE THING INSTEAD OF STUDYING FOR FINALS AND I HAVE NO REGRETS! I have no idea if you are planning on continuing this at all, but if you did, I would read it. That was masterfully done with the circular ending and such :)
ArtofthePlate chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
What a fantastic AU!
I don't ship ZuToph or whatever that pairing is called, but I enjoy watching their personalities bounce off each other, and I think the arranged-marriage scenario was the perfect way to handle that situation.
Boy, after reading this, I'm glad Iroh reformed after withdrawing from Ba Sing Se. This fic makes him seem horrible. And Lu Ten! Those two sent me on such a feel-trip of betrayal that I expected a tragic ending. Hooray for out heroes!
Qwerty chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
I love all your stories so much and this one is no different!
240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »