Reviews for The Orange Room
Daniel chapter 20 . 1/7
These chapters are so good please continue with this fascinating story!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 20 . 6/3/2013
"Swan song"... swans are supposed to sing a last song before they die, so this means the last of something - I hope not one of them, although Alex seems to have escaped karma pretty well so far. Please update when you can. I'm curious to see who called!
Pet Archer chapter 19 . 1/23/2012
Hi!

I just started reading this late last year. It's a bit odd, twisty-turvy... but interesting.

Nice that you have Gypsy and Alex singing "Groovin'" - and most of us already have heard the song. And all 'on a Sunday afternoon'!

I hope it all ends on a positive note for these two! Looking forward to reading more. Welcome back, and keep up the good writing! (I love creative writing, too, and "A Clockwork Orange" - the novel, film, and the fanfictions, here!)
Nova Sinfonia chapter 19 . 1/17/2012
So that's the mysterious presence... I enjoyed your chapter - a sweet interlude with an underlying tone of suspense. Now I'll have the song stuck in my head, though! :)
Nova Sinfonia chapter 18 . 9/5/2011
I'd read some of this story before but I'd missed the last three chapters... I think the best thing about your writing is the complexity of your characters, you don't make them only one thing or another (as shown by Alex's internal conflicts). I've enjoyed all the twists and turns!

Often a lot of things happen in a few words... sometimes this is confusing but other times it's really effective. One thing I'd suggest, when you're doing corrections, is looking over word choice and fixing some small mistakes.

I'm wondering what's up with this dream of Alex's, since part of chapter 17 was from Gypsy's point of view - is it part of his not-quite-dobby mental state? And I'm curious about who else is in the room!
MaskedOperaGhost chapter 18 . 7/21/2011
Very interesting story. YOU MUST CONTINUE WITH IT!

-MaskedOperaGhost
PandaLove01 chapter 18 . 7/20/2011
Love this 3
letitbexo chapter 18 . 7/19/2011
Yayyyy! You've updated! I love the two new chapters! :D

I can't believe Alex is making a mini shrine of Gypsy... I see that he is envious of her, but why? Must be her grace and her inner peace that he's so jealous of... hmph!

Very very lovely story, I really hope you update again very soon! :)

- letitbexo
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 17 . 7/18/2011
I'm afraid I'm entirely lost now...why is killing a bunch of strangers, one's own cousin, and one's best friend just fine, forbidding one's girlfriend to live her own life without their permission just fine, but trying to rescue a girl from her kidnapper's abuse and wrath not okay...?

I mean, I'm hoping all this is explained really quick in the next chapter, of course, and I have a feeling it probably will be...but still, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about everyone's perception of the title character in this fandom. Is it just my imagination, or does everyone think him harming people he's never met is a-okay, while they're strictly forbidden to ever defend themselves against him? I really hope someone can explain this to me, because my mind has gone entirely blank and I'm not sure how to respond any more...thanks in advance,

Weasley
letitbexo chapter 16 . 6/11/2011
This story is AWESOME! I LOVE IT! You really captured Alex's personality accurately in this fanfiction, it's truly amazing! I also love the OC, she seems so sweet. :D

Please update more! I'm a fan!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 16 . 5/18/2011
Hello there and welcome back...I was afraid that I might have made you disappear for a while, and I was also afraid that this story might never have been finished because something very similar got submitted some time ago and received loads more attention...so, good to see you out and about once more.

Anyways...this is going to be super long, so I hope you have a load of reading time cause there's questionssss once again. ;)

First things first...I'm a little glad to see some trust in Gypsy from Alex's side, specifically going to her straightaway and not deciding to go off on anyone else so that she would calm him down and help him leave.

Second, I still kinda like that crow angle, but I'm kinda getting just a teensy bit nervous because crows also symbolize death as well as shapeshifting and pranks (like Caligula, LOL!)...am I just being paranoid, or am I stumbling upon a very dark outcome/ending of this complex tale?

Thirdly...I'm feeling a lot nervous, puzzled, and lost as to why Alex still thinks he has to go on threatening Gypsy with cutting, pulling her hair out, breaking her arm, etc. In the chapters I've read prior to this one, Gypsy's responses to the other family members suggested a little bit to me that kindness and affection would be enough where decision-making was concerned. I wonder if this continuation of the mental instability is foreshadowing a big bad something on the horizon? Is Alex's refusal of the domestic stuff a red flag that maybe he's falling out of love with Gypsy? Are they going to have a second big fight, or...might I be worrying too much, and might there be instead another breakthrough?

And last but not least...did some adult treat Alex this way where the physical roughness is concerned? I read recently online that some kids can get violent if they're treated that way at home when they're smaller, so I wonder if he's acting out a pattern or something for a reason? Totally up to you, of course...just had to get all my curiosity out of my system so I don't mess up and leave goofy comments without thinking them through later on.

Anywho...again, glad to see you're back, and uh...hope I didn't overload this box with all my curiosity. Best Wishes,

Weasley
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 15 . 1/9/2011
Because 'Little Miss Bimbo' never had her own way, as opposed to just about always having it like you, Annie...? :P

Hmmmm, never thought about taxidermy being the key, but it seems to work out here. I wonder, have you ever read 'A Game of Thrones' by George RR Martin? Long story short, one of the princes in it went rotten as a combination of abuse from the person he thought was his dad and doing something to a dog to see how many puppies she was going to have. ; That kinda reminded me of it just now, so...I guess that character's a bit similar to Al, minus his respect for a cultured lady.

Anywho...teensy bit curious to see how Gypsy plans to make Gerry smile as she thought about doing a few chapters back...and if he's decent enough to not badmouth her for it. Also...can't wait to see if/when she'll ever find out about the brainwashing, I'm very interested/anxious to see her reaction/if she can help her man even further by talking him through/about it. It would kinda be cute, but that's up to you. ;)

-Weasley-

ps-Thanks for answering my last comment, I started to get nervous that I might have scared you off again. ;
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 14 . 1/4/2011
Hmmmmmm! I smell thickening plots here, lovely! XD The slaphappiness has been explained, so that settles that aspect...also the droogism at such a young age, as well as the seemingly genetic penchant for violent behavior and the willingness of family members to harm each other...which leads me to a theory I formulated just now on the patterns of Alex 2's two threats. Whereas Gypsy stood her ground, Gerry caved...which makes me wonder now...what is it about Alex 1 that Alex 2 isn't willing to talk about openly? Did Berno and Annie have a part in it, whatever it is, a long time ago? Did M and P tell them not to go spreading news of that one thing around, and make them act as relatively normal as they could? And most importantly, might the next chapters tell of this thing, if it does exist and I'm not just shooting blanks where my thoughts are concerned?

I'll be here reading when the next installment comes out, I just wanted to put those ideas out before I forgot. :)

ps-Gerry and Matthew (from Mystery Malchick) would be such BFF's. I don't believe I inspired you there at all, did I? ;) 3

TheWeasleyBoys chapter 12 . 1/2/2011
I'm feeling just a tad bit shivery and under the weather at the moment...but I'm trying to type as well as I can without hitting the wrong keys by mistake. ; I'm very glad you put those lines in about Gypsy's generosity, I think it's calmed me down a lot since the last chapter and I'm not left thinking she's still a prisoner/victim of Stockholm Syndrome at all, so...thanks for sticking that in. :) I'm a little worried about that cousin character, though, I hope she doesn't try ruining what might be the first truly good aspect of the lives of this couple. (That, and I wouldn't mind seeing Gypsy play the therapist a few more times again in the near future, if you don't mind tiny suggestions from me. ;) It could be good to see later on.)

Anywho...keep up the great work, I'm interested in seeing what other eccentricities/skeletons in the closet made this malchick what he is today.

-Weasley-

ps-I think I'm going to put a sweater on now...-_-"
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 11 . 12/12/2010
I'm still very lost on why Gypsy has never, ever truly wanted to get intimate with Alex, yet still lets him force her into the act...each time, he's had to either grab her, push her down, or carry her someplace. Not once did he ask her if she was ready. I know that she got snuggly that one time, but I thought it would take a bit more than that to equal consent. Is it because he basically promised to choke her to death if she didn't, like that one scene at the shopping mall? And if so, how come she isn't making a single attempt to free herself from that? If not, though...what exactly is going on, because I really still can't for the life of me figure out what it is?