Reviews for Life Bound
Shadow Wasserson chapter 6 . 12/9/2010
Holy flying bison.

You know, I thought about this when I watched 'Mulan,' but it actually never occurred to me when watching Avatar.

But it's so wonderful. So... perfect. The OC's are believable and really add to the story, the background, the research... it was a joy and a heartbreak to read.

Fave'd.

-SW
Amaleea chapter 6 . 12/5/2010
This is a really original take on this series! Giving Toph bound feet is interesting and forces her character to grow and change in a new way. I really like how you are handling her (though bound feet is a a sad thing). I love your OC Ohev as well and he deserves his place in the story. Having him possibly join up with Zuko is pretty cool.

Awesome job so far! I can't wait for more chapters!
Beloved Daughter chapter 6 . 11/27/2010
Ohhhhh... I love how you finished your story. I do have to admit though that I REALLY hope that you are working on a sequel because I really want to find out what will happen next with Zuko and Ohev. Not to mention what will happen in Ba Sing Se, especially since the spirit water is now gone...
brknheadphones chapter 6 . 11/20/2010
So...Toph is able to walk w/out pain and feel with her feet, even possibly earthbend the tiniest bit with her feet. But not much more then she could do before. 50/50 win?
Kimberly T chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
This is one awesome story. It's... Wow.

Any chance of your doing an epilogue chapter or two? I gotta admit, I like the idea of Zuko becoming buddies with Ohev; guy really could have used a friend near his own age while traveling through the Earth Kingdom. But how would Ohev's presence, and Toph's weakened earthbending-and the fact that the Spirit Water was all used up long before Ba Sing Se-have affected the rest of the series? Inquiring minds wanna know!
Anmynous chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
Satisfying end. Not a magic everything is butterflies and flowers deal, but basically good.

Might want to rephrase the epilogue text a bit, took me a while to figure out who was referring to who.
ObeliskX chapter 6 . 11/18/2010
Great ending! Although I wish they met for all that and could find common solution... After all, Toph understands that he was doing that just for her own the meeting Zuko with Ohev at the end shows that he really has made up his mind; who knows - maybe later thell meet again.

The only one thing that really makes me anxios is the fact that katara spent all her spirit water to heal Toph. How Aang is going to survive this time? The world without Avatar wouldnt be able to resist Fire Nation...
ObeliskX chapter 5 . 11/18/2010
Oh, I really like this you made Toph Ohevs mentor; smth like badgermoles were for Toph herself in despite her footbinding she is not helpless girl-but now she has to use ruses and intelligence - not a brute force, what seems to be much is very unusual concept too; from common crystal to diamond, this element can be used as decoration or weapon.

Her complicated relationships with Ohev... well - taking into account his softhearted and a bit naive nature, I really can see him committing such "betrayal". If he really loves her (although isnt he too young for such serious feeling?), he should understand her own desires and respect her will. I hope that in the next chapter they both will be able to reconcile and seek mutual understanding.

About footbinding I am agree with Katara;such act seems to be barbaric - even if its traditional.

I also wonder when will Fire Nation trio return. Possibly already after Gaoling.
Graystar1 chapter 5 . 11/14/2010
i still feel sorry for toph and all but im really happy 4 her to b able 2 earthbend again.. sort of. I loved this chapter
brknheadphones chapter 5 . 11/14/2010
I don't know much about foot-binding, but if they re-break Toph's feet in the right places and have Katara heal them could Toph get most of her mobility back?
Chaos Sparda chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
This is great and definitely going on my favorites list. This concept never even occurred to me, which is somewhat shocking with how obvious it seems now. It's just so damn heart breaking.

My only complaint is that you could use a beta and that I no longer have the free time to offer my services :/
milleniumclone45 chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
Interesting concept for the story. I like how you are portraying Toph and in my opinion you did well at capturing her character and showing how she would react if she was placed in this situation. After looking at pictures I totally agree footbinding is disgusting.
Beloved Daughter chapter 5 . 11/13/2010
Go Toph! Thanks for another amazing chapter!

I found your reasons for Ohev 'betraying' Toph to be completely reasonable - at least to his own mind. Too bad Toph didn't see things the same way.

I love the way you portray each character. It's like they're real people. Thanks again for this great chapter and I hope to see another out soon!
Beloved Daughter chapter 4 . 11/13/2010
Wow! This is a really great story! Toph with bound feet! I am totally with Katara that I think bound feet look anything but beautiful. I didn't understand why you had Toph get so upset at Katara though. After all, her feet being bound did take away her mobility. Did she become resigned with her state?
Justthisguyyouknow chapter 4 . 11/12/2010
Sorry I have not been keeping up with your story. It is still excellent.

Nice twist on the episode in the series.
87 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »