Reviews for Other Gods
MartyrFan chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I really like this story. I haven't watched Coraline though I know what it's about and I do intend to watch it someday. My knowledge of Lovecraft's writings comes from the board game Elder Sign and what I've gleaned from Wikipedia. The crossover of the two is just plain perfect. You did a great job writing it and I enjoyed reading it. Humanity triumphing over a race of amoral, alien gods; love it.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Poor Beldam
TheScorpion0081 chapter 27 . 7/19/2014
So a child with blue hair joins an organization that battles gods, and then becomes a goddess and saves the Earth. All at the age of 11...

My eleventh year of life just became moot.

Anyways, existential crisis aside, this is one of the most amazing stories that I've ever read. To be fair, I have yet to read any of Lovecraft's works and my knowledge of the Outer Gods are limited to what I've got from Tv Tropes, but I came to understand the story nether the less. Coraline, Howard, and all of the characters were done exceptionally well, the action scenes were awesome, the drama was natural, and I love the whole "humanity facing unimaginable odds and coming out battered, scarred, but victorious."

I do have a few issues, despite the story being awesome. One, that long exposition dump with Howard's backstory. Yes, that history lesson was interesting and the key elements do become important to the story, but it seems like it could have been... shorter? Like making his life story two or three paragraphs and just making how he founded the organization and his encounters with the Outer Gods the main topic. Third, Cthulhu. I'm still on the bench on his surprisingly "human" way of thinking. Especially in his conversation with Nyarlathotep (that did give me a laugh, though, so it balances out). More jarring is the way he died. For a creature who basically elevated the series into what it is now, I would have expected Squid-face to put up a better fight (again this is coming from a guy who hasn't read the series, so what do I know). Other then a few grammatical errors and some understandable within context OOC moments, that is the brunt of my criticism. None of which weighed the story down in the slightest.

Over all, I had a great deal of fun reading your story. I will definitely be coming back to read again and I hope that you might have a sequel on the back burner. Maybe just to cover the aftermath of the war and Coraline's trials as a god. Either way, I love the story and grateful for your hard work. Thanks for the story.

-Scorpion

P.S: Have you scene "Mystery Kids?" If you have, what are your thoughts on it? If you haven't, my I recommend it?
thequeenreadsmyfics chapter 3 . 2/28/2014
Instant favorite for making Pennywise a Bedlam.
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Ooo! Creepy!
Cosmic Horror chapter 27 . 12/28/2013
That was one hell of a bossfight. What happened to the other trapped in the Necronomicon?

-Perfect Carnage is glad for the bright future ahead.
Cosmic Horror chapter 17 . 12/28/2013
Oh my, GOOs defecting. I can't imagine that going down right with anything.

Funny. If the rest of your works are like this, I must explore them as well. Lightens up the fog of gloom that hangs around apocalypses.

Almost a month already? Time does fly when genocides are being enacted. I especially love Hastur's ending.

The dimension tide device might not even work on Nyarlathotep and his ilk.

Cosmic Horror chapter 7 . 12/28/2013
That's one long backstory. I wonder if the children kept up with it at all.

*cough* Azathoth rules, Yog-Sothoth drools *cough*

And Nyarlathotep is being even more dickish than usual. The perks of having an absent boss and no opposition.

Cosmic Horror chapter 5 . 12/28/2013
"Weather has no proven ability to foreshadow, but that didn't stop the sky over Ashland."

More of that charming humour of yours. I'm shocked that this only has 38 reviews. If you'd turned tail to some other fandom, it would be at least 100 by now. This is an example of great writing.

Guest chapter 27 . 10/2/2013
:D
You are so amazing.
I seriously could not put this down until I had finished it.
Please continue writing. You are one of the best authors on this site.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/2/2013
That. Was. Epic.

Like the battle for Narnia, only with less lions and more badassery.
GuesssWho chapter 7 . 11/20/2012
Lavina but not poor crazy Wilbur?
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 11/20/2012
Kadath is the best.
Derae Jarvis chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Both I and my BF enjoyed this story immensely. It was absolutely magnificent and we literally couldn't put it down until we had finished. Both he and I hope you write more along the same lines and style but your own stories, it would be fantastic to see you published.
Malbutorius chapter 27 . 4/26/2012