Reviews for Make Believe
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
You write Eleven/River so well! This is a beautiful gem of a fic! :D
elisi chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
I love everything about this story, particularly the way the Doctor is both intrigued by River and on the other hand not ready to commit to anything yet. It's still very early for him, and all over for her, and the imbalance creates the most extraordinary tensions. Really, I'm all amazed and speechless and in awe.
lillyankh chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
This definitely fits into its joint categories. It hurt to read in places, because somehow, despite the really quite fictional scenario, it was so painfully real. The little gestures and tells between them, the hidden meanings... beautiful. And I laughed, too, at little bits like the underwear and when his sleeve caught fire. Keep it up! You're amazing.
templremus1990 chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Completely, unreservedly gorgeous. You make every little twist of their relationship so real and so tangible. Funny and sad and complex and surreal and perfectly in-character. Love.
honeynoir chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
This is beautiful! Smart, in character, well-written, heart-wrenching, and simply lovely. I think I loved the part with the internal stabilisers especially much - it was just so brilliant. (River understands the TARDIS who understands the Doctor who… doesn’t get it. It’s perfect!)

Also, “personality-first” is such a great word, and so Amy.
Lorrie2 chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Lovely story. You were very true to character. I loved it. Now we just have to see that happens when "everything changes" next season.
emiphiste chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
This is so fantastic. I found this on a particular fiction craving and I must say that this satisfied it very well. Lovely!
Isolith chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This was mindbogglingly, amazingly and utterly bloody fantastic.

Suffice it to say, I'm kinda in love with this little piece of fiction. It had just the right temperament, writing style and the you caught the persona of both the Doctor and River just perfectly right, in my opinion. And then there's the absolutely awesomesauce about the whole hologram River plot thingie - squeee.

Thank you for an entertaining morning,

Doctor-River chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
That was quite a good story, the character's personalities were captured very well. I always hate having to remember the fact that River is dead '(
Lys chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is a cool little story. Very insightful, and I could 'hear' it playing out very fittingly in my head. It all seemed very in-character to me, even Amy's little cameo towards the end. Loved this bit:

"Right! And if you keep questioning how I treat my TARDIS," he shook the bundle of wires at her for emphasis, "I might just reconsider teaching you how to fly her at all. Then where will you be?" He turns the sonic screwdriver to a setting in the 600's and points it at the wires. His eyes focus on her to better milk his point. "Ha! I'll tell you where. You'll be stuck with a vortex manipulator that can't even visit fixed points in time. All the cool kids will point and laugh."

She smiles down at him. "Sweetie, your sleeve is on fire."

:D Anyway, I find the Eleven/River relationship really intriguing, and your story definitely captured that sense of mystery and playfulness. Loved it.
keighto chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I loved this. It was beautiful, sweet and sad all at the same time. So very them, and so very perfect.
MayFairy chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
i like this. it is cute, becausee i love the eleventh doctor. the whole thing with the skirts was very funny.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2