Reviews for Critera of Life
LunarCatNinja chapter 7 . 2/28
This is a great story! I really love how you based it on the Criteria of Life!
ElizabethBathog chapter 7 . 2/22
This was great! Thank you for writing it! :D
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 2 . 2/4
Nice chappie.
ultimatedragonballzfan chapter 1 . 2/4
Hmm, interrsting thus far. Not bad :)
Nikki Pond chapter 7 . 10/8/2014
Aww...This fanfic about Maddie disappointed in the inside that Danny is not Phantom and that she had suspected instead of pushing it away. I loved it! This is the 2nd Danny Phantom fanfic I have favourite
Guest chapter 7 . 7/29/2014
That was really cool
RandomCitizen chapter 7 . 12/16/2013
This fic is okay. But the reactions here don't feel very realistic...Yeah she suspected, but this should be a bit more of a bomb for the both of them-all things considered. Oh and I think it's epilogue right? Don't quote me on that.(might be two spellings for all I know) 'XP
RandomCitizen chapter 6 . 12/16/2013
Well that was...convenient? It might've been better if there was some sort of hint that Vlad was up to something before he showed up. :T
RandomCitizen chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Well it'd make sense for her to get it after that. :P
RandomCitizen chapter 3 . 12/16/2013
Hm...Maddie being unable to fight like that seemed out of character, at least because she didn't try to fight back at all. She's usually armed too.
RandomCitizen chapter 2 . 12/16/2013
Already? It's only chapter two...It's soon for her to come to this sort of conclusion to me. :T
RandomCitizen chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Interesting. Though I don't think Maddie would "trust" Phantom enough to tell him where her family is. :P
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This fic is interesting but the science is a bit weak. I like it, but I'm bored so I'm going to rake you over the coals anyway. I promise to be gentle! Some of the tests are rather orchestrated because the criteria are supposed to be things you can observe, usually very quickly with animals.

Reaction - This is probably the most blatant quackery from Maddie. Danny is capable of holding an intelligent conversation. That one fact is beyond adequate to nail this criteria.

Adaptation - It's not always easy to pick out what's adapting and what's reacting; it's mostly a matter of timeframe. This would be something Maddie should have gone to research notes for; the rain shield thing is a complicated reaction facilitated by the fact that Danny is capable of independent thought rather than ruled by instinct. That falls under criteria for sentience, not life. As a side note in this chapter, "humanity" has more meanings than just the quality of being human, making that discussion fall flat pretty hard. You do get points for not saying something eye-gougingly idiotic like "scientifically impossible" though.

Reproduction - I'm going to skip over how she tested the viability of sperm with ghosts and instead point out that the sexual viability of an individual is irrelevant. Sterilize a cat and it remains alive. Hybrids in particular are often sterile; mules are a classic example. The way Maddie acts, you'd think farmers have been plowing their fields with undead draft animals for centuries. Also, DNA. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to study DNA? How small it is? You don't shove it under a microscope and call it a day. It takes specialized equipment and even after all that it's mostly gibberish anyway.

Growth - You nailed this so I'm going to rant about DNA a bit more instead. It wasn't even his DNA! Assuming his body performed a proper meiosis, the sperm only has one chromosome out of every pair. Even if we did have a complete map of the human genome and an intrinsic understanding of how to 'read' genes Maddie is looking at a book with half the pages ripped out.

Energy - You mentioned but never touched on his diet, so this chapter feels rather incomplete. The test is more than adequate to pass the criteria but really, just the fact that he can move on his own is enough to pass.

Cells - This one is kinda hard to get wrong but it should have come before reproduction. If the boy has sperm and DNA he has a cellular structure.
Quitealiar chapter 7 . 11/23/2012
I liked this! I don't normally read Danny Phantom fanfiction, but this was good!
Veldrisk chapter 7 . 11/21/2012
Like the ending. I also like the depth of character you brought to this story. I look forward to reading more of your works.