Reviews for Red Knight
Thank you for writing...
mo kagen chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Thank You!
archy12 chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Very well-written indeed.I fully agree with the judges that this story has been painstakingly researched and imaginatively I love how you turned the end into a hopeful could have been so sad otherwise.
RandomatGedz chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Ok, so I'm about 2 years late with this review, my bad;)

Firstly, I absolutely LOVED this fic, seriously, it's my favourite age of edward entry ever, full stop.

It probably helps that I'm a little obsessed with the WW's and the Red Baron but hey ho, I would've loved it anyway. I'm not gonna lie, for most of this I was just replaying the movie in my head but this was better, 'cos you know, he doesn't die in the end...I think, meh in my mind he never dies xD

Anyway...great fucking job!:D
villanova chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Just found your O/S brilliant, your writing was fantastic, please consider writing something else, you really should.
Riada chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Dear justduckie,

I read your story and, wanting to review, I expected there to be at least a hundred other reviews. There aren't! How can that be?

It is a very captivating story. I like the time setting. Usually I prefer VikingEdward, or RegencyEdward, the older stuff. I guess it is due to your writing skills that I find this Edward equally captivating.

I like the jumps in the timeline, they add a bit of literary interest to it.

I like the portrayment of Edwards evolving attitude towards killing and his fame and success.

I like Bellas tearing down of Edwards hunting analogies. They echo my own pacifist attitude and are witty.

I must admit that you definitely know more/have researched more about the Roten Baron than I; however, being german myself I could imagine changing a few things to make it more believably 'german'.

First would be names, for example Eduard Kullen. Eduard is an oldfashioned german name, the direct translation of Edward. Kullen could well be a prussian name, that fits nicely.

Carlisle would simply be Carl or Karl. Of those, Carl is the more refined way of writing, suitable for a prussian noble.

There is no translation of Emmett, or Esme in German. For Emmett I probably would choose Emil, Emerich, Elmar. Esme sounds a bit like a gypsy name in german, so not suitable for a prussian noble-woman. Edda, Edith, Effi, Elfie, Elise
ArodLoverus2001 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Great story.
SFALCON chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Nicely done
xPeekay chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
I absolutely adore this story. It's written very well, and you've used a lot of air force and military jargon and I love it! Rittmeister fits Cullen, and you've really done an amazing story of a man who is known for his victories. I went and read about him after.
isabeausink chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
JD,

This review is long overdue. I read his piece when it first came out and failed miserably to show my appreciation at the time.

Your prose is wonderful! You’re descriptions make this reader feel like I’m in the scenes, and that is something considering I know nothing about airplanes or WWII era warfare.

Phrases like “imminent scarlet danger... "

You give good adjective, Girl.

And you’re either a long-lived vampire in soldier’s drag who experienced the events and machinations of the story first hand or you’re a crack researcher! (Research is sexy, imho.)

Edward's search for approval and subsequent dissatisfaction with what Honor meant to a country at war was well drawn in your arc. As was the episodic nature in which you narrated E & B's growing relationship. It was very sweet.

I can see how you might continue with this. Will you? And was this really your first foray into fiction writing? Amazing.

This was a great read, Clem.

Best

Isabeau

(p.s. It seems Dante has crept into your psyche, as well? ; )
J Chesney chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
What a brilliant story. I truly loved the historical backdrop and the way you weaved a couple of "famous" Twilight lines into the story.

(I saw this on the "Age of Edward" contest site and can understand why you won. Bravo!
arreyn emme chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
this is lovely. thank you for sharing this jewel with us.
kneon chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Great story.
allyandmax chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
awww my gosh, this was wonderful! so sos so good and realistic and fabulous!
smokehighcuztheworldslow chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
aww

im crying now. that was soooooo sweet

:D