Reviews for Choosers of the Slain
Texray1 chapter 8 . 10/2/2012
Allright! Popcorn time.
Flashpoint chapter 8 . 6/17/2012
Thanks for updating. As always: Great work. I really like your style. Can hardly wait for the next chapter. :)
RougeBaron chapter 8 . 6/11/2012
Unfortunately not a lot of people still hang around in this section. We need a boost from MW5 to make people interested in Battletech/Mechwarrior again (which may never happen *sniff*). So happy to see this quality work in here. You have a solid grip of how military units work together in combat. Always a pleasure to read.
Iztok chapter 8 . 6/11/2012
I really enjoyed reading all your stories.

Thank you!
Texray1 chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Bravo! Eagerly waiting for chapter 8.
RougeBaron chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
The description of the gas effect is chilling. Indeed it was not the way a fine mechwarrior should die, but what can we do if the enemy decides not to play fair? Hopefully the Word of Bastards get what they deserve.

And I see you wrote a friend into this story. I'm not sure if he realizes it or not (he said he was still in Snowbird Battalion a week ago), but if he catches up, he'll be very happy.
ACDoubleEdge chapter 6 . 6/27/2011
Glad to see you back, I was begining to wonder. The suspence is definatly building, I keep wondering if theyre going to hit a "snag", or if the WOB is about to strike. If you were going for gritty the crappy weather really helps out and adds a cool element. Ive see and read too many things where it is a bright and sunny day with perfect conditions.(like that ever happenes)
FraserMage chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
Interesting note. If you are not overly prepared for chemical attacks, BattleMech units can be gassed too. The Knights of the Inner Sphere learnt that during the opening stages of the Jihad. Their Chemical Detectors didn't pick up the gas and most of them died before they could go to internals. So it seems standard procedure (Pre-Jihad at least) was to run using external air. Now with the Jihad in full swing, I imagine everyone quickly got used to buttoning their 'Mechs up.
RougeBaron chapter 6 . 6/17/2011
this is like a calm before the storm and an excellent character development. Seems like Louisa is a darker character than her mother. All in all, it reminds me why it is one of my favorites.
MosinM38 chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
Artillery for the win. Pretty kick ass stuff when used properly.

Again, glad to see some more fic from you sentinal. You've got a nice, gritty/realistic feel to it. Or at least realistic as 60 ton walking tanks can be ;-)
MosinM38 chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
Very nice. Not (to me) coming off like Sheila at all. Can't really say how, but a differant attitude.

The argument between Louisa and Musashiya was convincing enough.

Five-year old on a sugar high. Always good to have a shot of humor in a chapter ;)
MosinM38 chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
Awesome! The Sentinals are back. Good to see you writing again ;) Course I'm kinda late on reviewing this, but I been...indisposed for awhile.

I'm enjoying this, and a few insights that few people think of, like how quickly a camp can turn into mud, or most of all: How many of the recruits are as green as pre-clan-wars in some ways.

P.S. In regards to chapter one: Yeah, I can associate. Montana ain't got nothing in the way of gaming stores...I'm surprised you found one.
cire4768 chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
glad your continued the series been readind your battletech stories for 3 years now many hours of happy reading thx.
FraserMage chapter 5 . 11/26/2010
Wouldn't be surprised if said Adept is a Terran Native. Alot of them joined up with the WoB roughly around this time in an attempt to fight for Terra. (Terra is fed up being ignored, chosen as a conquest target or suppressed and such jumped at a chance to regain lost glory... as part of the Blakists) Yeah, the Blakists played up Terran Patriotism in order to help.
RougeBaron chapter 5 . 11/23/2010
Actually that "prancing" joke was referring to the video clip of "Here I Go Again". Check it out on youtube.

Anyway, great display of artillery. Good thing they got a prisoner too. Not bad start a suicide mission. I wonder what they can squeeze out of the POW.