Reviews for Choosers of the Slain
ACDoubleEdge chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
Great, now every time I frag a wobbie im going to think that they might actually a sane human ,thanks for that. Way to personify my most hated enemy. We havent liked each other since I started my Battletech career in Mech Assault.(Wolf's Dragoons For the Win!)

As for Arrow IV, does anti missle system work against it? I know it works against Thunderbolts and NARC
ACDoubleEdge chapter 4 . 11/16/2010
I recently “procured” a copy of the Blood of Kerensky trilogy and after comparing it to this story it seems kind of dry, especially the parts with Kai Allard-liao.(what a crybaby)

Also, to anyone who can help, in Battletech whats a good defence aginst a guy who likes to use TAG and arrow IV missles
RougeBaron chapter 4 . 11/9/2010
Great read of a pre-battle sequence. I don't think I have seen this detail description of what's going on in the cockpit during startup. Most of the time it's just "sit in the cockpit, put on helmet, start the engine, listen to the computer" then go shoot things (in fact, I'm guilty of that too).

On the other hand, it's hard for me to read this without imagining somebody prancing on the hood of a car (or in this case: a battlemech).
pacificuser chapter 3 . 10/28/2010
cool!
ACDoubleEdge chapter 3 . 10/27/2010
Aah, I love it when a plan comes together. A few times I even wanted to ask what I should do with my lance. Also, Davis? Do I smell flashbacks of Louisa's past in our future?
FraserMage chapter 3 . 10/26/2010
Combat engineering: Any soldiers best friend and worst enemy.

Its Murphy's way of making sure someone gets to suffer.
RougeBaron chapter 3 . 10/26/2010
One of the toughest job of a new commander is to earn respect from his/her subordinates, who are sometimes more experienced and hot-headed than he/she is. As tough as it is, Louisa did well. We'll see how she did in the real battle.

And FYI, MW Reboot put us even farther back than SW4. It'll be 3015, Succession War 3. It's probably the era of Sheila's grandfather ). But last time I checked, this is in development hell, and might not even materialize unless Jordan Weissman pulls off a Hail Mary. Honestly I have lost faith in this may-or-may-not-be MW Reboot.
ACDoubleEdge chapter 2 . 10/10/2010
Word of Blake, my personal nemesis in the Battletech universe, Im eager to see them get their noses bloodied a little.
pacificuser chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
Hey Ben,your style of writing is really improving!

You can really notice a tangible "upgrade" in your craft as a writer from last time which was July 2009 since you last visited the MW Universe!

My only real problem is the very short chapter length,however that is quite understandable because of your busy and irregular schedule.

I also wish you still had a music corner.

One last question for you my friend,do you agree with Taps corporation(legal owners of the classic battletech franchise) to ignore the Word of Blake Jihad timeline and reboot the MW universe back to the 4th succession war?

Essentially,the old "Wizkids" universe of the Word of Blake Jihad post 3068 is no longer canon,they decided to completely re-do the universe along with a licensing agreement with Harmony Gold for the use of the three "unseen" mechs.

What do you feel about this as a fan? Are you comfortable of going back to the 4th succession war? This is to celebrate the new MW game to be released next year for PS3.
RougeBaron chapter 2 . 10/7/2010
It does indeed look like a suicide mission. The artillery cannons might have been useless since it's a night mission. I don't know about Arrow IV, hopefully it can help. Poor girl. Let's see how she handled this situation.
SulliMike23 chapter 2 . 10/7/2010
Obviously this is not a burden Louisa wanted and I can't exactly blame her. Had it been me, I would've wanted someone else in charge too.
FraserMage chapter 2 . 10/7/2010
Ok. Ouch. Lucky there is no Tau Zombie Manei Domini Infantry around here. Those are brutal, ludicrously brutal. Near immune to Flamethrowers, Capable of carrying weapons it usually takes a fireteam to carry each, implanted body armour and wearing body armour on top of that.

Hmm, 7th Division and Celestials? From memory the Celestials were only just hitting the field in September of '70. Their designations were apparently not even known then. Also apparently only piloted by Manei Domini at that point with normal human versions hitting the field a few months later. Hitting the field off of Terra anyway. The Terran and Mars based Divisions were equipped with them in Late 3069. Interestingly enough the 7th Division is listed as being based on Mars.
ACDoubleEdge chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Ive read the snowbird series you wrote before this and I have to say it was the best fan fiction I have ever read! This looks like a great start to another awesome story!
novelltigger chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Excellent start and glad to see you writing battletech again.
RougeBaron chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Ah yes, the master returned, and straight to action scene! Hmm... it's going to be a very "hot" season!

One question, though: why is Louisa's name Arla-Vlata? Shouldn't it Canis-Vlata after Max's? Is (OMG!) Sheila and Max separated?
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »