Reviews for Cracks in the Glass
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This is such a great story. I re-read it every so often when I have a few minutes. You are SUCH a talented writer. I can't wait to read new stories from you!
DDSG-1fan chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I love this fic. I've read it at least three times and keep checking your page to see if you've written anything more! Love how you capture their characters so well. Congrats on baby #6. We're on #3 and I know just how busy life gets!
LaraSGCLena chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
shippy sigh perfect just perfect
mgamberger chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
That was really good. Unfortunately we didn't get to have a conversation like this on the show...Thanks for the wonderful stories I read so far.
Anna chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I just loved this story! You portray the difficult, spikey nature of the realtionship between the 2 Sams so very well and you always write Jack like you live with him!

As ever, I enjoyed the imagery you wove into this 'the thread of bitternesss' amongst other images is just so well written.

I logged on looking for the next chapter of Paradise Reborn but I guess you are very busy, so I read this instead. Great job. Well done!
sudoku.addict chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Just perfect! Something like this should have happened on the show!
Ellie 5192 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I don't think you understand just how perfect this story is as a tag to this episode, and to make sure you do, I've written you a thesis.

I have read many MANY tags to PoV- heck, I wrote one myself- and while some of them are very good/sweet/nice, none come close to the characterisation and honesty of this one. Lines like "I'd have stayed, if it had been you." made me squee and want to cry at the same time, first because I'm a hopeless shipper (but you already knew that ;) ) and second because, I like to think it's a very true statement, shipper or not. At this point in time, their relationship is a lot more about recognising the feelings and finding ways to work around them or with them, unlike later where it all became a bit 'flat-out denial'. Lines like that capture the walk-the-line attitude perfectly, while giving us some emotional fallout that we really don't often get from the show.

Then the whole...

"Because if I'm going to kiss a Carter, it's going to be the right one... And damned if you aren't the right one."

... WOW! Talk about pure Jack. You're amazing at writing a guy who is both extreemly deep and 8 yrs old at the the same time, let me tell you.

I always liked the idea that, regardless of his motives for kissing Samantha (though I do agree with you on that), Jack was very much emotionally aware of the distinction between the two of them. Never did he pretend otherwise, and the explanation you have him give demonstrates that knowledge perfectly, while giving a logical reason for him continuing the kiss other than some vague 'I get to kiss Sam Carter' nonsense that everyone gets so caught up with. I love that you give Jack so much credit.

As for Sam, I love how you showed her vulnerability without compromising her strength as a person. She's not emotional, she's not hyped up, and she doesn't do tissy-fits, so to have them behave like adults while still maintaining that level of fluff and intimacy is just... ahhhh... so wonderful and refreshing. I find she can be quite hard to write emotional scenes for because she's so often the 'tough-soldier-girl' and it's hard to find the line when writing her as simply a woman. Well done, you never fault on this.

So, in conclusion, it is clear that AkamaiMom is an immensely talented writer of S/J fanfiction stories, and I shall continue to follow her works, if only to smile at least once every time I read one.

Thanks again for sharing your skill,

Much love and all the best,

Ellie xox
xNeariax chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Only two things to say, really. 1: GREAT writing, love your style. & 2: I liked this SO much more than the original ending of the episode. Oh, right, whatever 3: Well done, hope there'll be many more stories from you in the future.
scifihippie chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Loved it. I never get tired of episode tags and I think this is one of the best from Point of View. Thanks for writing it!
remerkaba chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
That was one of the best continuations of an episode I've ever read. Awesomely written. I can see it happening. I see in your notes that you are not very fond of Alternate Universe Stuff. That's mostly what I tend to read and write and this is one of the best I've run into. Thank you for writing it.
Hockey17 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Wonderful - sniffed a bit at the end, great stuff, if only... Ah well, thank god for great fic writers x
Nynaeve506 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Egads! I loved it :) No jumping into bed and throwing everything away, although I don't know how you go back to "normal" after a kiss like that. Of course, I don't know how you go back to "normal" after admitting you're in love with someone during zaytarc testing.

Go fig right? LOL

This is why writing/reading AU is so much fun! *confetti*
Oma-1 chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
*grins* Just for the record, you offered! :p

And yes, I did love it! You pushed all my angst buttons, and added humour & friendship too :) Its completely more than I was expecting - and way more than that simple sig deserved! Thank you! *hugs*
TheKitchenMistress chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Loved it!

Thank you.
froggy0319 chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Another episode that always left me frustrated...wondering why they never talked after Sam saw him kissing the other Samantha. They left us hanging and now thanks to you a way much better ending :) Thank You!