Reviews for The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi
Zero-Tails317 chapter 20 . 8/28
Hello. I'm not one for long reviews so forgive me. I love this story and I love Naruto's relationship with Wendy and how it's developed thus far. I would love to see this continue, even when Naruto will eventually leave Wendy which will be heartbreaking. Can't wait for an update, can't wait to read about Naruto's, Wendy's, and Carla's time in Fairy Tail and what other adventurers come their like, oh I don't know-Edolas. . . Plus, loved the ending with Naruto yelling out the window by the way. With all the feels and heart string tugging that one piece of comedy was a great relief. Again, how you continue this soon. Until next time :-)
YungMoolah chapter 17 . 8/25
:'( canon way of ending was much happier and less depressing
So this is the end?Your AN seems final and well your story is really good and it'd be a shame if you left.
SuperKinuhata chapter 20 . 8/17
Just a random thought.

Sometimes their interactions make me feel like Carla and Naruto would have made a great couple, ignoring the impossibility and the bestiality undertones. Their personality is quite compatible with each other.
ThatSadPanda chapter 20 . 8/12
Easy come easy go, finally got around to reading this. It's nice
HalcyonDays14 chapter 20 . 7/27
Hi there. Just wanted to say that The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi has been an all-time favorite of mine since it was first published. Seriously, I lost count on how many times I read this story from beginning to end during the last six years. And while the time in between updates grew longer during the final arc of the story, the wait was well worth it. The quality of your work spoke volumes of the amount of care and attention you put into them and what you delivered has never been anything but outstanding.

With that said, I feel like I need to apologize for not writing something when the final chapter came out a few months back. Your last author’s note did hit me pretty hard and it opened a rather mixed bag of emotions. I was quite saddened to hear that the story which had brightened my day on so many occasions was coming to an end. But on the other hand, I was glad that you managed to wrap-up the Nirvana Arc and closed the story properly before you lowered the curtains on it.

Out of all the fanfics that came and went on this site, yours stood out the most to me. I liked how the Naruto in your story was portrayed. His characterization was spot on in my opinion and it felt like I was reading a legitimate crossover, where elements of my favorite shows are combined in some way. With a lot of the others, I felt like the authors simply took the name of the main character, Naruto in this case, and left all of his personalities behind. At that point, the story felt more like it’s about an OC instead of the actual Naruto. The fact that you didn’t have the entire female cast throwing themselves at him is also a plus in my book. Speaking of the cast, the interaction between him and the colorful characters from Earthland was always something that I can look forward to. They don’t always play nice, even when dealing with the friendlier mages… but that’s what made this story seemed “real” to me. In a lot of cases Naruto was just shove into the lives of those in the other universe and the next thing you know Naruto is just spilling his guts out to someone he’d known for less than a day. I can kind of see that happening back in the Elemental Nations, but he’s not there is he? This Naruto is plagued by anger, frustration, and a healthy amount of distrust in general. To me those are some perfectly reasonable and healthy feelings to have for someone who was practically snatched from his home and dumped into a foreign land without warning. Not to mention he was later responsible for Wendy and Carla’s wellbeing as well. After seeing her hurt once under his watch, I can see him being a bit overprotective.

The other thing that made this story unique to me is Naruto’s power level. Some people seem to have issues with it, but I personally don’t. And to be honest, I’m glad your Naruto doesn’t just go around curb stomping every enemy he came across with excessive force. Additionally, I can see how training won’t be high on his priority list. One - there wasn’t a group of extremely powerful assassins after him (that he knew of anyways) nor was there some stronger foe out there that needs to be defeated in order to save the world. Two - most of his attention was diverted to looking for a way back home while being a guardian/teacher to a little girl and her talking cat.

But despite of not being the Ninja Jesus that he was by the end of the series, the Naruto after the Pain invasion was still a very powerful fighter, probably enough to handle just about anyone in Earthland, especially those that showed up as early as the Nirvana Arc. Yet as capable as he was, Naruto still made mistakes, and his presence in the Fairy Tail world did not magically make everything better than what took place in canon. In some cases, his presence arguably made things worse. The conditions of some of the Light Alliance members by the end of the Nirvana Arc is a perfect example.

The conflict of a story is important, and I very much like the one you presented for this crossover. It’s not one that you’ll see often, and it’s not something Naruto can solve just by getting more powerful or gaining more techniques. Watching the relationship between him and Wendy develop was one of the main highlights of this story. It’s interesting to see how as they grew closer, Naruto himself became more conflicted about going home knowing that he would have to part with his family in Earthland as a result. To be honest, I’m a little disappointed that the story didn’t get a point where Naruto would ultimately need to make a decision.

Overall I think this story is a rare gem, one that I was fortunate enough to stumble upon all those years ago. Thank you for everything and I hope that you will pick up that metaphoric pen in the future. Maybe even add another arc to this wonderful tale. I wish you the best
ivan0061509 chapter 20 . 7/11
update soon this is getting really good
Bowl of petunias chapter 2 . 6/24
Oh no not again
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 7 . 6/13
Naruto is so easily fooled, constantly angry and insecure, and seemingly has no desire to improve himself... He arrogantly rushes off to do things, even though he has no real knowledge on the inner workings of magic, thus allowing himself to be manipulated and beaten by opponents. Moreover, when confronted with his weaknesses, he does not attempt to conquer them. He has an old guild master, one he should rightfully assume has at least some skill in magic, that could help him learn magic. He does not even attempt to learn of magic so that he may find a way home. In the end, Naruto is not advancing, in character or power, and it makes for a very dull read.
Masterx01 chapter 15 . 6/12
man,what's up with Naruto slowness to the battlefield? He sure took his sweet time to go there even with the potential tread hanging over the head of his loved team, they took their time to scape from the exploding ship, landing and fighting and even with all that Naruto didn't arrive at time to even see the Oration Six go... On what he was going there? above a turtle? it's like to see Noblesse manhwa all over again with Rai and Frankenstain taking their Sweet time to reach the place to save/fend off the enemies while a ton of fighting has happened in that spam of time and even them they still doesn't reach there... it's somewhat infuriating.
Zeta0 chapter 19 . 5/26
Yo
Yo chapter 6 . 5/14
Minori is a Funny interesting character I like her chemistry with naruto I hope we get more of her in future chapters
GJMEGA chapter 7 . 5/9
"Naruto couldn't help but grimace as he stared at his handiwork in revulsion."

'Revulsion'? Seriously? His hometown was /annihilated/, his friends hurt, killed and then /brought back from the dead/, he encountered his /dead father/ who /sealed a demon into him/ and then, only shortly after all that, he is sucked into a /parallel dimension/. I think a meltdown involving the destruction of some forest land is perfectly understandable.

You've pretty much lost me with the whole 'Stange' thing. I don't know what it is, I just HATE characters like that.
GJMEGA chapter 6 . 5/8
"Was this how he honoured the legacy of his father and Jiraiya-shishou? Sinking down to his level and taking a man's life for mindless vengeance?"

I'm willing to bet money that Kushina, Minato /and/ Jiraiya have killed people for less reason. The world of Naruto isn't as hippy-dippy as you seem to think it is. It's a feudal world of hired assassins. Konoha, the good guys and a supposedly 'soft' village, has a /Torture and Interrogation Force/.

"deluded quest for revenge?"

How is Sasuke's quest 'deluded' exactly? I'll be the first to admit I hate, /hate/, HATE his character, but as far as motivations go, he's got one hell of a good one. If someone murdered /my/
family you can damn well bet I'd try to kill them. It's only his being a lone wolf emo traitor to Konoha that's the problem. If he'd accepted help and stayed with Konoha I doubt you'd call his desire for revenge 'deluded'.

"He shouldn't have come here looking for revenge."

It's not revenge, it's justice. Since I doubt he could be tried for his actions this is the only way to punish him for essentially trying to /murder/ them.

Despite my criticisms I am still loving the story. :)
GJMEGA chapter 3 . 5/8
"Naruto still considered the act of killing a taboo"

You're kidding right? First off, I don't recall Naruto /ever/ saying he wouldn't kill, he simply never happens to. I'm also guessing he doesn't count being an accessory, considering at the very least he helped Kakashi kill Kakuzu.

"In a few years, I could make enough money to rival the Heartfilia's!"

HA! That's funny; is she serious? Saying you are going to rival the Heartfilia's with a maid cafe franchise is like saying you are going to rival Koch Industries with a maid cafe franchise. It's insane.

Love the story so far. :)
1,470 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »