Reviews for Mechanisms
SassyReaderGirl chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Ugh. This is so true, and it is so sad - because at this point, Riley was just self-destructive.
RennFlight chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This an absolutely gorgeous one-shot. Short and to the point, yet still managing to be an achingly beautiful picture of the inside of Riley's mind. Perfectly lovely.
Lizzy85cec chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wow... really good fic :) Well written and sad... Poor Riley..
mayfever chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I liked this a lot! (and that's saying something, because I normally hate Riley with a passion, lol). I think you captured Riley's thoughts very well, and I especially liked that last sentence - I saw it as a reference to Angel's trip Down Under, did you do that on purpose or am I imagining things?
april chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
beautifully written Riley pov, I really liked it, thanks.
Ms pj kurosaki chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Wow, so I apologize for this, but I'm 100% bangel. I do however think this sums Riley up perfectly! I thought he was an ok( temporary) replacement for angel, but was not sad when he left. Thank u so much for writing these!
Love-el-ly Joy chapter 1 . 9/30/2010

This is perfect. Absolutely, totally, COMPLETELY PERFECT.

The grammar and spelling was totally on. Narration? Excellent. Word choice? Flowery and brilliant. So, obviously, you've got the writing part down.

As for the fic itself... well, I love it. It was Riley-ish while sounding, at the same time, not like Riley, which is how I felt that he was at this point in the series, which means that your characterization skizziles are spot-on, especially for a character that I was fairly certain I was the only one that liked him. I don't think that sentence made sense, but whatevs! I'm so happy that I don't care.

As much as I hate to admit it, because I adore Buffy/Riley, the insight in this fic was actually probably correct. I tend to avoid this part of the series because it makes me sad, but I felt like you did a really great job with it. You explained why Riley did what he did, which I, personally, am afraid to touch. Because I think I know what he was going through, but there are so many differentiated opinions about it, I don't want to write it xD

Okay, so part of the reason this review is so long is that I'm trying to make up for the gazillions of reviews that you should have while simultaneously expressing my insane love for this story. Ima subscribe to you so that I can read more awesome stuff of yours.

I feel like I should sign this since I emptied my soul into it. So...

Smiles and hugs,