Reviews for This Is The Hunting Ground
Fulgance chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Ah, well, this is an old fic, but I /have/ to favorite it so of course, I must leave a review. This is really marvelous.
It's gripping right from the beginning, I really felt the stress and the fear slowly building up before the first actual words are spoken. I /felt/ hunted. The story moves forth smoothly, and it gives a /lot/ of feeling. And that Merlin refuses to attack the knights - that he just runs, and even when they confront him he only defends himself and puts them to sleep instead of incapacitating them by harming them - is so completely Merlin.
The mentions of the sun setting throughout really seemed like a part of the story for some reason.
If I really wanted to be picky, I /would/ say that the word "clear" was probably only necessary once in this sentence: "The sword by his side raised slightly, its tip aiming clearly at Merlin's chest in clear warning." I only spotted that while I was re-reading, because during my first read I was too distracted by what was actually /happening/. Your writing really sucked me in.
Merlin being worried about Arthur, even though he believed Arthur had just tried to kill him - that was a heartstring-tugging moment.
I have a few passages that were so perfect I have to point them out, but the entire thing was immensely enjoyable.

- " "Merlin," Leon spoke again, aiming his sword's tip towards the ground in a non-threatening way." Ah. May I say that I love that you included Leon? He is /so/ loyal to Camelot, but he really is noble and I think this was very in-character for him. I was amazed by the significance of his actually lowering his sword.

- "The sword shimmered in the crimson light of the setting sun; an obvious reflection of the blood it was yearning to spill." I just had to put that here, I love the words and the phrasing you used. Description wasn't boring, it was beautiful.

- "It was time to discover the truth of their destinies." Ah. Well, I'm sure you know how striking that sentence is, considering you thought it deserved its own paragraph. But, just... wow. How beautiful.

I'm favoriting right now because I want to read this again later... and again... and probably again. I'm so glad to have found this fic. It's the most heart-wrenching take on the "magic reveal" I've read yet, because it's so hard on the both of them. So touching that Arthur still cares about Merlin this much... and that Merlin didn't know.
Thank you for this!
Ariella.Veritas.34 chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Oh my god. This story...I can't even...
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Dark... but entirely possible, even plausible. Their relationship is the kind that would work like that. It would be sickening to them both, and it would only work badly, but it would work.

Poor Merlin and Arthur.

Great fic though!

Caity :)
mad 4 the doctor chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
this storys wesome im wondering are you going to add more chapters
oma13 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Loved it but way too sad. Please write a sequel when Arthur is king and Merlin does in fact come back. Make it a happy ending please.
battousaisgirl16 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Ever thought about making a sequel to this? It is really good!
haezofdaust chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
So, every once in a while I come back to re-read this tragic, heart-wrenching story. It's hauntingly beautiful, but saying I enjoyed this sounds so wrong - having my heart shattering into many minuscule pieces is not enjoyable in any sense - the ending is definitely the killer. Urgh. Thank you for this brutal (brutal!) piece of work!
Druitt chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
O.O

Wow...this is really good, thanks for putting this story up here.
kitkat chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
this is amazing! u r truly a gifted writer! please write a sequel when aurthur is king and merlin comes back!
Motaku1235 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
...If Merlin had died I would be bawling ny eyes out by now,..

Well, more than I already am. *sniffs*
rowsdowersavesus chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Awwww, that's so swweet, I love this! 3
Meruryan chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I've read all of your Merlin-stories, and I think all of them are awfully deep and touching, with unbelievable meaning and feeling buried in them. You, my friend, are a skilled writer and I cannot thank you enough for giving all of us a gift like this. Beautiful.
irezel chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
i wanna crrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy. curse you.
spinnerofdark chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Very touching, when is it to have taken place?
Kitty O chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Imagine how awkward that's gonna be.

"Hey, this is King Arthur's most trusted friend, Merlin." "Wait, isn't that the guy he chased for years until he was injured almost beyond recognition?" "Yeah." "And they're still friends?" "Well, why do you think he knows he's loyal?"

Honestly.

I adored your story, really. Though I wonder why Arthur didn't make things a little easier for Merlin by looking in the wrong place or something. I guess this is set before the end of season 3, otherwise he could have Merlin's friends be the ones chasing him, and it wouldn't be so hard...

Sorry, I know I'm picking on your beautiful bromance story. I have a funny mind. Everythign turns funny after a bit :)

But I really did adore it. It was so sweet... and bromantic! I really liked the defeated Merlin with Arthur thinking he was going to save himself and he didn't. Best part.

And Leon's legit too.