Reviews for Saving Fred
Keep going
corbinmichael chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
Sorry-in an effort not to make Giles look like the tool he was in canon, you made ALL the Scoobies total douches. If you love the Scoobs so much and just want to bash the AI gang, that's cool. It's your fic. However, you seemed to be wanting to make this a realistic fiction (based on your notes). If so, it came up short. Mind-this is ALL (of course) just opinion. In an effort to offer, what I hope, is helpful critique-The Scoobs are nowhere NEAR this all knowing and wise. They're almost, to a fault, self-centered and arrogant. Though this fic certainly made them appear this way, it did so for all the wrong reasons (as your intent seemed to be paragon of goodness, apparently). The whole thing comes across as a Buffy-fan circle jerk, and does a disservice to your intention. This fic was SO wrong on So many levels (too many to go into here, though I can PM you if you'd like). Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash your work (never), just offering some opinionated criticism. It's well written, imaginative, and complete. The characters are well done (in the context of the story) and you have a good beta (if you have one). You covered all the bases with creativity and thoroughness. The only real negative aspect, again, comes from your perceived intent of the story. As a pro-Buffy tale, this works brilliantly. As a realistic AU attempt, it just doesn't seem to work, IMHO-sorry.
X59 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Illyria's awakening was predestined.

No matter what anyone did the old one was going to come back to the mortal world.

In all honesty I'm annoyed that you make seem like the Scoobies and Angel Investigations tell each of every little adventure.

I mean if that was the case wouldn't A.I. know that Willow nearly destroyed the world? Wouldn't the scoobies realize that Angel has a son?

The scoobies are not perfect, despite what Xander says.

I must ask in making a fic to see Giles not being blamed for Fred's death, did you have to the Scoobies all knowing and wise?

It is too out of character for them.

For the record I believe Giles is blamed because he has a history of letting someone die or actively participating in killing someone(Ben/Spike, granted he failed in Spike's case but it's still true).
MMWillow13 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
very interesting take on things
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Good Story
LukeAndLorelai Brucas Fan chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Oh, Fred! 'Sorry I died on y'all.' Geez, that's just... So Fred. Man I miss her. And the LA gang and the Scoobies. I think I know what shows I wanna watch over again next once I'm done with Ally McBeal. Ok, that's not important. This wasgreat, very good read, although I was lost in bts of t, felt a bit like the Burkles, probably. Great jon.