Reviews for Losing Mary
indigoblueoO chapter 2 . 10/18
I have actually never encountered a Mary-Sue fic. Mainly because I avoid fanfics that scream 10th walker or OC/Canon character. My first experience was awful, and I have since avoid many OC on, rather than a 10th walker, has ANYONE thought of an 8th walker fanfic?
YuKiOnA-Ga chapter 1 . 7/14
Omg this is fantastic
KiyaNamiel chapter 2 . 4/12
YEAH! Thank you, this fic sooo needed to be written. I actually also judged a few of my OCs while I was at it and found that they met all of the requirements NOT to be a Mary-Sue... So I was happy. XD

Thanks for giving us this great discourse; it was put in an awesome style and made us feel that you cared enough to help us in our writing. Mary-Sues and Gary-Stu's may be out there, but there is no excuse for them to say: "I didn't know."

Kudos, and thanks again, it was an amusing read for me, as I feel exactly the same.
AvidGamer chapter 2 . 4/9
Your essay reminded me of grandfather. But before you get upset or offended, allow me to explain a bit.
my grandfather is an English professor who has written various essays on numerous topics. Your writing style reminded me of his. With the variation in your vocabulary, the wit (sometimes dry), and the ability to explain somewhat of a difficult topic in simple terms.
so now you should know that when I say that your essay reminded of my grandfather, I am paying of of the highest compliments I can.
again, thank you for the essay
AngelicRoses chapter 2 . 3/3
I just want to say thank you for putting this guide together. It has been very helpful. :)
Batman is a gary tsu and who cares ? I think Mary-Sue is a sexist term.
Tempest chapter 2 . 1/21
Good read!

I have to say that sometimes, writers want their "original character" to be so different, that they end up making "her" act extremely b*tchy. I understand that writers create their original character as flawed, to make her more realistic, but sometimes it just goes overboard.
As for the concept of the original character having more than one love interest, well, it is quite annoying to me. The love triangle plot is way overused and tiresome, in my opinion. It makes us human females seem fickle.
Nimrodel626 chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
Thank you so much, this really helped. Though it is giving me second doubt on my next chapter in Strangers. Thank you again!

May the Valar guide your pen,
Eclipse130 chapter 2 . 10/15/2014
I think I love a hero writer way.
Certh chapter 2 . 4/15/2014
Quite a wonderful essay, very comprehensive and spot-on. Definitely at the head of my 'How to avoid writing MSs in Tolkien fanfiction' list.
That Other Coin chapter 2 . 4/4/2014
This is great :) Thanks the tips
aandm20 chapter 2 . 2/26/2014
I found this to be very informative, well-delivered, and helpful! Thank you for writing it!
Yuki Suou chapter 2 . 7/29/2013
I am greatly indebted to you for this. :)
Yuki Suou chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
This guide will really be important for us aspiring fanfic authors. Thank you.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
THANK YOU FOR WRITING MY THOUGHS. No really, thank you. Your essay was very well organised in my opinion. You spoke logic yet were funny at times, and I am grateful for the fanfics at the end. Hilarious. I agree strongly with you on the rape thing; it can not be as easily solved as Mary Sue writers claim. Write on!