Reviews for Shades of Grey
slightlyxjaded chapter 3 . 12/2/2014
Wow! You know how much I love Scorch! I really loved these stories...the third one most of all. The other two were just radically different from anything I expected to read. I am glad that you started to tackle the question that was on my mind about how Remy could stay attracted to adult Rogue (as he clearly was in Scorch's epilogue) while he raised her as a child. It just seems so complex! And Mystique...hahah always there thinking she's Rogue's best option especially compared to Remy. Thank you for writing this and I know at been a while, but being able to read part two would be amazing! Their relationship now intrigues me because of the complexities and questions arising for it. Clearly Remy loves Rogue, but is obviously not a pedophile...so how long does he wait before telling the truth? Does she get her memories back? I was especially unclear about that after the Epilogue. Anyways, fantastic job as always!
BethyBathory chapter 3 . 5/9/2012
Lordy, this little continuation of Scorch was really needed! Your novelette was so beautifully dark and angst-filled, my heart remained heavy and affected. This was exactly what I needed to pull me out of it.
Sony Boy chapter 2 . 11/2/2011
A threesome!

Carol/Rogue/Remy. I love it. *maniacle laughter of joy*

How can I not? I love how you took the idea of Carol-in-Rogue and made them a couple, then through in all the problems they have and how they split days and then add Remy.

I aprove. Damn is this great.
Warrior-princess1980 chapter 3 . 10/16/2011
It's definitely interesting to see the missing years filled in, hope part 2 is around
scribblemyname chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
Oh, wow. I'm in awe. Mystique arrived, and I just love this and the fact of how he keeps his feelings for Rogue separate from his feelings for who she'll become, but it's all jumbled up anyway...truly in shades of grey. Love this, girl. You remind me again of why I absolutely adore your fics.
Sugahroc57 chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
I can never tire and get enough of Scorch. It's a story I simply adore. And now with this addition to it, it adds the wonderful pieces that just seemed to be what we/I wanted to see, although it came together lovely without it.

I loved what partook during the first seven years of Remys life after he left with baby Rogue. It did creep me out a bit, not going to lie and it certainly creeped Remy out a bit too. Just thinking of Rogue

that way while she's still in her minor and him, well an old man, just didn't float my boat. But... It's Romy and we all know the history

behind them and their unconditional love for eachother, so it worked for me:-)

"Monet" coming in the picture was a good thing as I see it. It kind of showed Remy some of Rogues true feelings and her old self toward him. Jealousy, possessiveness, craving, awareness, seclusion, just little parts of her, of what is Rogue. And he sees it too.

Mystique as well.. You had me there for a moment. Wasn't sure if it was Pheonix but then why would it be her, but then her actions was too Mystique. Wonder how she known?

Remy. I feel for him. Part of his heart is for his kids but his soul and the rest of his heart belongs to Rogue... I love his caring and devoutness and patience her has for her. So Remy.

I was excited to see this and can't wait for part 2. As always another great chapter from Ms Merr..

~Ru
BasiaM82 chapter 3 . 6/23/2011
Great job! I had to remind myself about Scorch, and I'm so glad you've decided to append this little piece to it. I can't wait to see part II
Payla chapter 2 . 10/30/2010
This offered a surprise twist that I thoroughly enjoyed. More Soon Please.
AlpineWood chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Girl on girl is most definitely NOT my thing (at all, it makes me want to puke) but your writing made it so I couldn't do anything else but ADORE this. Great work.
midnight.cowgirl chapter 2 . 10/12/2010
When I first started reading this chapter, I was like, what the heck? I didn't sign up to read a lesbian slash fic! And then came the good ROMY bits and I was, oh so totally happy with it. Then the ending came and it totally cracked me up! Yeah, obviously Remy would like having threesomes. A completely unique fic you got here and I can't wait to read more of your writing. Keep up the good work!
scribblemyname chapter 2 . 10/10/2010
First of all: let me set you straight. This was not a SLIGHT slash. And for THIS story, that's not a bad thing. You wrote it just as well as you write a short take on a major relationship (think Romy), so there was nothing slight about it. It was well-realized.

Now, to the review:

I loved the way everything unfolded, reveal after reveal, until understanding comes together for everyone—Rogue, Remy, the reader—all at once. This was extremely well-written and it's easier for me to enjoy as a menage-a-trois sort of thing. I love the unraveling and weaving of the relationships. Everything came together beautifully. Well done.

(won't be a top fav any time soon, but that's solely because of my tendencies, and I didn't hate it. :grins: )
Sugahroc57 chapter 2 . 10/9/2010
Hey now! Wow... First Logan and Remy and now this! Hmmm... And then you added that ending to top off many male fantasies! I'm not complaining at all it just makes an interesting and fresh fic!

But chappy 1 is my favorite this far.. Angst! It's the angst that gets me! The real cruel one too!

:)Ru
Sugahroc57 chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Ah, Ms Merr2, yet another "addicting" story.. Ha!

Could this be be anymore the truth.. It's such a sad but frightful thing to have happen to her. We saw plenty of scenerios where a psyche pushes there routines, likes and dislikes, there habits to the forefront of her mind but man, haven't read one like this one!

Drugs are not an easy thing to deal with. You had my attention through out this chapter, It was raw, it was real most of all it was, is what many people deal with. What the individual and the people that are close to them go through.

All and all, good job missy, keep'em coming!

Ru
SevenIsMyLuckyNumber chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
I've read a lot Rogue/Carol, but nothing like THIS! As usual, you suprised me and kept me interested. I loved the ending btw, but maybe I'm just strange? And I liked how Remy gave up the challenege aspect of it and just cared. Hope TIAD Remy gets that way soon...
AMandRE chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Goodness, me! This was a very intense chapter, and it deserves an intense revew. I'll do my best with the lack of sleep I'm suffering:

The beginning, in the dance club. I felt like I was in the club itself-you described it THAT perfectly. Actually, for the longest time I thought Carol was who he was seeing in the club, and that the one he took to work the first time was Rogue. Of course, I figured it out quickly, but it was great being kept in the dark. Added another layer to the mystery.

Then, we have the backstory throughout the chapter. Loved it, interested by it, absorbed it.

It was sad seeing how Rogue distanced herself from Remy because she assumed there could never be anything between them, and it was infuriating finally discovering why Rogue and Carol were in this situation in the first place. Rogue was right in saying Carol was 'sick'. Sick she is, and it was a bit disappointing seeing Rogue so forgiving.

But I suppose after four years it isn't easy to let the person go-doesn't that scream Rogue and Remy's relationship word-for-word?

This review isn't turning out how I wanted it to, but I am verrry sleepy. I just want to let you know tht this was pure perfection, and I'm craving the next chapter already!