Reviews for P3P: Shinjiro's Resolution
aiyumi chapter 17 . 14h
I got into Persona 3 only recently. I've cleared the Journey a few weeks ago (on FES, not the PSP version), and am in the process of playing through The Answer right now. I've read that the PSP version has different endings with the male characters, and began wondering what would happen if there were its version of the Answer and one of them became the wild card instead of Aigis. Then I was scouring the site in search of good P3 fics, and ran into your story! During The Journey, I never used Shinji much because I wandered into spoiler land and found out he wouldn't be available for long :P , but I think it would have been different and interesting to have him as a wild card and be able to play as him. So, I find the "Free Time" segments very amusing to read! Like someone else pointed out, the writing style is totally different from the normal story. To me, it was shocking at first, but I really came to appreciate it afterwards. It's as though the story is the ingame cutscenes (anime cutscenes!), but suddenly "Free Time" seems to put me in control, and I get what's probably the closest feeling of playing as Shinjiro that I'll ever get.

I've read everything until chapter 17. I was surprised by the appearance of characters based on Featherman R... and that Shinji also liked to watch said show... which is probably related to Red Hawk and Black Condor. Hawk's resemblance to Akihiko made me think that Akihiko also liked to watch it and that Hawk is a manifestation of Aki's hidden side from the time they lost Miki (ten years ago), and that Black Condor is actually a manifestation of Shinji's past self from the time he accidentally killed Ken's mother (two years ago). Both Shinji and Aki were in love with the female protagonist, and I had thought it could have somehow influenced the appearance of the Abyss of Time and the feathermen... Red Hawk seems to look up to Black Condor similar to the way Aki looks up to Shinji, too (plus Red Hawk's whole talk of not being so strong, and not being allowed to be stronger than Condor, like Akihiko also saw Shinji as being stronger and always ahead of him). but if the new characters are supposed to be a manifestation of the wild card only (which is Shinji), then the possibility of Condor Being related to Akihiko is probably ruled out (unless the fact that Aki had also held "her" on his lap during "her" final moments also means something). Then, Red Hawk began coughing and drinking pills like Shinji used to do. So, does it mean both come from Shinji? (one after the loss of Miki, and the other after the loss of the protagonist) Argh, now I'm confused. XD

Rather than the feathermen's identities, I think Yukari's research about psychology will in fact reveal the truth about what Personas and Shadows are (I.E. not necessarily related to the Dark Hour like everyone had initially thought).

It's a great story, and left me craving for more. It's been around three years since the last posted chapter, and I don't know if you'll ever update it, but (so?) I'll follow it just in case you decide to continue it. I'm struggling with my playthrough of The Answer, and it'll probably take some time until I can finally finish it. Maybe this story will get an update by then, who knows? :P
My appreciation chapter 17 . 8/21
I know you're not coming back to continue this wonderful story, but I want to say thank you.
I want to show my appreciation to you of how I am always thankful of you for all your hard work on writing this, no matter what. Again, thank you so much.
Such a waste for not updating it...its a really good story..when i was in chapter 15 i have this kinda thing telling me to not continue reading it..i left this story for like a month hanging..then suddenly i wanna know how it ends..then i continue to read it..

but then YOU left me hanging on chapter 17 (TT)
shirayaae chapter 17 . 4/26
viewer chapter 17 . 2/26/2014
This is REALLY a good alternative story of the FES side on the female route and it would be a shame if it were left unfinished! I really want to see this story to the end and know what happens next! I can understand if you wish to skip the remaining doors and go straight to the key fight, but the sooner those doors are finished, the sooner the key battles would come. I really want this story to update.
Please update soon! I want to see the ending of this story!
Guest chapter 17 . 2/25/2014
Hello... When will the next chapter come? It's a really good story there... Hello?
aestheticisms chapter 17 . 11/25/2013
no. i refuse to believe that this fic hasn't been updated since december of last year.
i will set up a vigil. i'm working under the assumption that red hawk and black condor are (due to the freudian psychoanalysis bit in this segment) shinji's subconscious, red hawk as his superego, and black condor as the id? it would make sense why having that face would be painful, mmm.

mmmmMMMMMMM unhappy noises i'm so upset right now haha. lovely writing, sans the lack of dialogue spacing. you have a tendency to write two different character's dialogue on the same line, it makes it harder to read.

despite that little tiny tidbit, incredible work so far. i will be lighting a candle in my "fanfic watch" vigil for this one, hopefully it comes back soon.
titan.p.medusawitch chapter 17 . 8/20/2013
I waiting for next chapter!
really good story !
Mirai666 chapter 4 . 8/9/2013
I was thinking, could it be that the Id, ego and superego have something to do with Shinji's situation? I had a theory that two of the important aspects of Shinji's personality somehow separate from him to two individuals who are the opposite of each other.

It could be that Red Hawk is the Id while Black Hawk is the Superego as both work into contradictions with each other as the super-ego strives to act in a socially appropriate manner, whereas the id just wants instant self-gratification.

Well, I guess I'll have to see through this story to find out the truth.

Hope you'll update soon!
SteelBlastBee chapter 17 . 6/30/2013
GAH WHERE'S THE REST OF IT?! Oh please update soon! I wanna know what happens! Gaw damn poor Shinji, i don't think that scene was really out of character, a lot of people would probably lose it when they realize they can't feel anything (actually kind of reminds me of a scene i read in a book about a girl who died and whose mind was placed inside of a robot body (omg who does that remind you of? *cough*Aigus*cough*) I'm slowly forming a theory on what Red Hawk and Black Condor really are... well Red Hawk looks a lot like Aki right, and he sees Black Condor as a big brother, i have a feeling when his mask is removed (or dramatically breaks in two revealing his face) that it's gonna be Shinji's face we're gonna see. And Hawk's gold eyes lead me to believe that he's a shadow, either Aki's shadow or Shinji's (the reason I saw Shinji is because of the similarities between Testament and Castor, as well as the fact that Shinji loves Phoenix Ranger Featherman R and Red Hawk is his favorite character and as a little kid he probably wished he was a different person, like Red Hawk or Akihiko, which is why Red Hawk resembles Akihiko so much, and Red Hawk DOES smell like Shinji after all, lol, now where was I... *momentarily lost train of thought* wow this is a long comment/theory...anyways! In short i believe Hawk and Condor are Shinji and Aki's inner shadows in which must be overcome in some way?

Can't wait for the next chapter! As well as the big revelation! Peace out
viewer chapter 16 . 2/12/2013
This is getting intense. I know that it will be a pain to write all the doors to the past scenes since most of us know what happened in the Answer. But your almost there! Just two more doors and then finally the long awaited battle for the keys! Now I wonder who is going to team up with Shinjiro for the keys and I'm guessing there are going to be some changes to the fight for the keys.

Looking forward to the new update!
normal guest chapter 10 . 2/11/2013
Now this is getting interesting. This is probably the closests we get to the FeMC's The Answer with Shinji as the new wildcard wielder. Seems things have taken a more confusing route. Wonder where it will go? It looks like there is more to Red Hawk than we think. (coughing and whatnot)

Looking forward to this story's update!
mimichiro chapter 17 . 2/6/2013
Oh please do continue this! hahaha. I really wanted to find out, on Shinjiro's point of view, on how they will solve the mystery of the Abyss of Time and learning each one's past. Hahaha. I'm getting excited already! :)

Ouch. Poor Shinji. What's happening to him? :/ And I'm really surprised that the characters from Phoenix Featherman R are there too! Hahaha! :D Maybe they are their other side or personality? (Shinji's and Aki's)? Hahaha. Can't wait to know more about it! :D

Supporting you all the way! Waiting for your next update! :)
dorkology101 chapter 17 . 1/29/2013
I don't really review that often, but this story is seriously interesting. It's more deeply thought out than other stories are, and the "Free Time" moments are a unique touch to this story that I personally enjoy very much. It's also very impressive that this is all happening via a writer who hasn't played the P3P version. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates for sure. Good work so far! I'm happy I stumbled upon this story.
Mirai666 chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
I was wondering...since this is such a good story on The Answer for the FeMc side, have you consider asking for this stories own Tvtrope page as this story is on the Tvtrope recommendation. I believe it deserves it's own page.

Update soon!