Reviews for Conquest
MisaMaru1000 chapter 10 . 5/12
I love the story so far and you scared me there for a sec I thought Ulquiorra was having a miscarriage D:
lampshadezz chapter 36 . 4/30
did you know that i stayed up until about 4 reading this thing? and even then, i had a few chapters to go... so don't be surprised if all this review consists of is the ramblings of a fully-satisfied fangirl.

first of all, and this may sound quite cruel in itself, i really like that this story depicted of a somewhat cruel (but cute, all the same) love. most stories i'd read have, in fact, had the couple despising each other at the start, but then they turn all mushy with each other and stuff. that's not to say i don't like that, but this was like a breath of fresh air. although i actually haven't watched all of bleach, let alone gotten up to the espada arc (wait. so this story is like a major spoiler isn't it?) i've read enough fanfics to get the gist of it. you portray grimmjow's feral and wild nature PERFECTLY. and of course, Ulquiorra's cold demeanor. personally, even through that coldness, i will most likely think of him as cute while watching the anime because i read this fanfiction before watching that arc "

and second, this mpreg wasn't all, 'hold me through this utterly painful but rewarding experience, my love!'-ish. the first and the most important pregnancy of ts story, was handled by Ulquiorra alone, without grimmjow there to help him. no matter how fitting it is though, i couldn't help but feel like something was trying to roughly pull at my heart-strings when i read that section. I WANTED GRIMMJOW TO BE THERE TO WITNESS THEIR FIRST CHILD'S BIRTH DAMMIT! .

that scene where they made up was one of the most touching aspects of the story, in my opinion...
i got out of my comfy bed and did a quite horrifying happy dance when i read the part where they forgave each other. honestly, horrifying because i couldnt dance to save my life. haha, i'm sorry to all my spectators (aka my now horrified brother. soz, bro! X9)

ARGHHH! I'M FRUSTRATED! THERES SO MUCH I WANNA TALK ABOUT BUT MY GOD, I DONT KNOW IF THERES A WORD LIMIT TO A REVIEW OR IF I CAN LAST MUCH LONGERRR!

despite me saying that i loved the fact that this was a cruel and somewhat cold love, once a fluff-lover, always a fluff-lover i guess... i absolutely adored all those domestic moments in this story, whether it be possessiveness over their child, possessiveness over their mate, or just cute little moments where they would just cuddle (though i'm sure both would deny that was the case XD) the little father/mother(?)-son bonding time was cavity-inducingly sweet! especially Ulquiorra and sol's moments!

ha, i just realised. i only do a capital letter in front for Ulquiorra. does that say something about me?

that second attempt at pregnancy was just tragic. i was literally crying. i have a weakness against tragic stories to do with children... but the fact that grimmjow helped Ulquiorra through that utter sadness was touching, and i am seriously loving this pairing more and more (thanks to you ;) i love you for that)

grimmjow's near-death experience was just one of those moments where i wanted to scream murder if you even thought of letting him die *smiles innocently* i'm kidding. but i was kinda in a state of apprehension where i was stuck in the same position with the same horrified expression, my only movement my frantically pressing finger as it scrolled down...

and this last chapter though! XD grimmjow and Ulquiorra dorkiness FTW! i myself thought that Ulquiorra was gonna die (i was literally preparing a rant-speech thing for you) but then it turns out that our dearest Ulquiorra only wanted to have a little moment with his little princess XD to me, Ulquiorra honestly seemed like the type of mother(father?._.) to be strict and stuff but be a little soft on his little girl :3

anyways, the curtains are drawing on this spectacularly long fangirl-ish review.
omg this is THE LONGEST REVIEW IVE EVER WRITTEN o.o most times, with stories i've read and loved, i'm speechless, but for some reason, with this one, i wanted to express my eternal gratitude to you for sharing this masterpiece with the world. it was probably because it didn't end with a tragedy, instead with a light-hearted note :)
you are a truly talented writer and i couldn't be gladder and prouder (i tend to be like this, even to people i dont even know, save for their writing. i hate to see talent wasted) unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to purchase your book. but i'll be sure to keep this in the back of my head until i'm able to do so! i really really just wanna keep reading you pieces, they're like the a remedy to soothe my ever-aching need for brilliant stories! XD

yep. definitely the longest review i've written. is there a word limit to reviews? because i swear, if something happens to the ramblings of my heart...
i'll cry my eyes out and grow mushrooms in a corner? i dont even know "
Nanashi chapter 1 . 2/21
Nice plot, love the details you put in the story and overall one of the best I've read
Ichigo-sama is old :( old and dying :( what you have done is a cruel thing :*(
MsNJS chapter 37 . 9/25/2014
Let me preface this by saying that I do not watch Bleach. I knew nothing of the show, the fandom, the characters, nothing until this work. Yet I still loved story.

Despite the show and its establishments inspiring you, you were still able to weave a one of a kind story. A story that any reader could get immersed in regardless of being in the fandom or not. I love the darkness of the setting and the characters. Finally a romance that doesn't turn the characters into mushy saps. They are dark cold warriors, who do fall in love but it is a love akin to their nature their kind not some fanciful Valentine corporate conspiracy of love. It seems impossible in their world but it is still believable. It is also all the more beautiful because you see it building and growing in a natural plausible way. Even though it is not a 'normal' love it is a special because it is unique and unconventional. I also love all the other plot happening. Again I am not familiar with the fandom so it was a little hard for me to understand completely or get into, but you did such a good job with your leads I was not hampered by my lack of knowledge.

I came here after reading Eternal Shadow, which I told you I loved. I am so glad I took at a chance on that book because now I have this story as well. I can't wait to read Bequest. Thank You. And I hope that you will continue to write...
MsNJS chapter 26 . 9/23/2014
Unexpected, but understandable given their nature, given the nature of the situation. I don't want to say I 'like' it given the content but I respect it. And I like seeing these snippets of their life together, how they are surviving together, and their love developing. Love is not always roses and rainbows so it is important to show that.
Mani-loves-loco chapter 31 . 9/22/2014
wow. this story is so cozy for some strange reason. I feel like i'm a part of their sweet yet dysfunctional 'famiy'.
I love it
Akatsuki Seal chapter 31 . 9/14/2014
It's so mesmerising to see Ulquiorra open up like he did at the end, while Grimmjow was babbling like a fool. He's an expectant papa, wanting to appeal to his partner - it's so adorable.
Akatsuki Seal chapter 30 . 9/14/2014
I am obsessed with this story, I am unashamed to say.

I never really pictured Ulquiorra with anybody before I decided to read this on a whim (mainly because I can't stand Orihime and she seems to be the popular pick). It's dark, often depressing, bloody and macabre - but the gradual transition of Grimmjow and Ulquiorra from hated enemies to tentative and doubtful parents was phenomenal. The birth scene was so graphic and well written, and you can understand how people are feeling at almost any given moment.

I feel kinda bad for Ulquiorra in this chapter and in many other instances because, well, Grimmjow kinda just raped him. Or better worded 'forcibly had sex without consent'. That happens to be quite common. Ulquiorra (aside from, like, twice) doesn't really have a choice when it comes down to sex, and doesn't instigate it, and is very reluctant whenever it happens - Aizen told him to, then Grimmjow would just overpower him or trap him into doing it.
narquellie chapter 27 . 9/10/2014
In regards to chapters 26 and 27: The baby would have suffered and likely died anyway, considering where and when she was to be born, and Ulquiorra obviously didn't want to do it just to be cruel. He regretted it, and that part was written beautifully.

In chapter 27: I think that a lot of parents make mistakes like that, they do something that they normally wouldn't do when their emotions are jarred like that by their child screaming "I hate you!" I don't think its necessarily abuse because it isn't recurring, and it likely won't happen again. I know that if I had said that to my parents, I wouldn't blame them for spanking me- even as a young child. I would have felt bad enough to accept the consequences of what I had said, and realize how much it would have hurt my parents.

I know that not all kids think this way, some are spoiled, some actually think like kids, and some never get into trouble where they can be caught. And there is a huge difference between a mistake and actual abuse. In the situation in this story, it was more of a lesson to the child, and an emotional outburst from Ulquiorra. At least, that's what it seemed to me.

You are really good at the subtleties of character development, and I think that Kubo should give you the arrancars so you can keep them alive. You've taken these characters so much further than he did... I am continuously blown away by your story. I can't wait to read the next one.
Zhang chapter 31 . 8/25/2014
yeah, i'll stay aboard ur ship
the slinky chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
whhhhhaaaa
Amora.Lee chapter 36 . 5/9/2014
God Sol talk about putting your foot in it releasing Aizen damn. Awwww Ulquiorra your so evil _
Amora.Lee chapter 23 . 5/9/2014