Reviews for Conquest
wilkiswilk chapter 36 . 2/3
I binge-read this all in one night, it's 6AM, and there's a mass of feels all tangled up in my chest. I haven't read Bleach in years, but now it's all come rushing back with one fic. It was honestly such an amazing experience, so please excuse my over-excited and emotional gushing.

One of my most favourite things about this fanfiction is how amazingly in character Grimmjow and Ulquiorra remained through it all. I think you've grasped the perfect balance between the more callous aspects of their characters and - indeed, the very nature they have as hollows - along with moments of sweetness and genuine affection that they hold towards one another (and Sol). It's something I don't really ever remember seeing done so well, and that aspect of it really blew me away. I love the way their romance was portrayed, and how it wasn't all kind and sweet but rather dark, but it's also very THEM so it's perfect. Does that make sense? I can't seem to put my own thoughts into words, but really, your characterization of them has been phenomenal.

The mpreg portions you wrote made it all seem very natural and it fit into the story seamlessly, and while scenes like the birthing scenes were very graphic I liked that a lot too, it had a lot of emotional intensity. The second pregnancy and abortion was heartwrenching. So was the pain of the first one that Ulquiorra had to go through alone, then the second LOL when he literally pretend to die so he can have a few moments alone with his little princess. I was seconds away from bursting into tears just like Grimmjow, but then Ulquiorra turned out okay and I was pretty much ready to cry again but in a "I CANT BELIEVEEEEE" happy way.

Agh. I also care about their little family so much. Sol started off adorable adorable adorable and went through some great development, and I'm really, really interested to see where it ultimately takes him. Some thing came as much of a surprise - in chapter 32 I think, when Grimmjow called him out on his feelings for Ulquiorra - and I must say I'm intrigued to see where everything goes.

On that note of Sol and such, can I also mention that your OCs are super well written and compelling. Sol is wonderful, of course, but even with their limited appearances I already care and am invested, interested, in other OCs like Eiji, Stella, and even M-01! It really comes down to how well you managed to weave everything together, and...really, it blew me away.

This story had moments that made me tear up, made me cry a little bit, made me squeal in glee when they made up or had an especially sweet moment, d'awwwwww at their family dynamics, and overall has just been a roller-coaster for my emotions. Instead of sleeping I spent the entire night alternatively sobbing, holding my breath or grinning insanely wide as I read through this entire fanfic, and I had the time of my life. God. I didn't even know I liked this pairing so much til I read this. SORRY I RAMBLED SO LONG IN THE REVIEWS I'm not even really sure if you'll see this anymore since it HAS been more than a few years and - really, I read this on AO3 too but I wasn't sure where to throw the review in to, and you seem to be a tiny bit more active here so I thought I'd try. I'd just really, really like to express my appreciation for your wonderful story.

I've also noticed that you have a sequel up, and I want to ask...do you, by any chance, still have any intention of continuing? I'm so emotionally invested in Ulquiorra and Grimmjow and Sol's journey at this point that the suspense is killing me, so even if you're not interested in continuing, I would be forever grateful if I can have some sort of information closure on how their journey is going to end. I just. I love them so much. I can't.

ON THAT NOTE. Sorry, I'm almost done I promise I'll shut up soon but, when I saw that you had written a book (Eternal Shadows) I was really interested in reading that as well! I read the preview 14 pages and loved it, but to my dismay I can't seem to actually find the book being sold anywhere now. It's not on Amazon, it's not on an ebook thing, it's not...anywhere. I've lowkey fallen in love with your writing through this fic, so I would really, really love to read Eternal Shadows. Could you possibly let me know where I can purchase it?

Sorry for all the rambling and questions, I hope I'm not being inconvenient. But the bottom line is: I just really love your writing, your characterization, and what you've done with this story. It's one of my favourite things that I've read, ever. So I want to say: thank you. Thank you so, so much.
YokaiAngel chapter 38 . 12/8/2017
awesome!~~~~~
Guest chapter 36 . 12/20/2016
I love this story, you are the only writer to ever make me give a damn about nnoitra and szyel, and to cry over their deaths. You are awsome
blackbloodywolf chapter 37 . 12/9/2016
loved it
Nyx chapter 38 . 9/12/2016
So many feels, in so few hours! I read the this is not a fluffy story comment and I was so ready for everyone to die the whole time. Haha! But this is totally flangsty in it's own way. Grimmjow and Ulquiorra have hellscape relationship goals. Like if I was burning in hell I would want a relationship like theirs. Otherwise in normal everyday life it might be considered a bit abusive and possibly toxic? Anyway I love it and hate that things like life will prevent me from immediately reading the sequel.
Guest chapter 29 . 8/4/2016
Best Grimmjow/Ulquiorra story on FF.
fadia pierre chapter 38 . 7/9/2016
will you continue with Eternal Shadow
GothicaRoyal chapter 1 . 6/18/2016
This is my favorite fiction of GrimmUlqui along with its sequel. Absolutely love this.
GoldFishCat chapter 29 . 5/29/2016
aw
himesama chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
T _ T
This story is depressing. And it's making the reader depressing. Which means I am so depressing right now. *crying in a corner*
My poor Ulqui baby... Grimm wouldn't do something that horrible to him... *whine *
I need so fluff right now ASAP !
DarkTragedy chapter 10 . 5/12/2015
I love the story so far and you scared me there for a sec I thought Ulquiorra was having a miscarriage D:
lampshadezz chapter 36 . 4/30/2015
did you know that i stayed up until about 4 reading this thing? and even then, i had a few chapters to go... so don't be surprised if all this review consists of is the ramblings of a fully-satisfied fangirl.

first of all, and this may sound quite cruel in itself, i really like that this story depicted of a somewhat cruel (but cute, all the same) love. most stories i'd read have, in fact, had the couple despising each other at the start, but then they turn all mushy with each other and stuff. that's not to say i don't like that, but this was like a breath of fresh air. although i actually haven't watched all of bleach, let alone gotten up to the espada arc (wait. so this story is like a major spoiler isn't it?) i've read enough fanfics to get the gist of it. you portray grimmjow's feral and wild nature PERFECTLY. and of course, Ulquiorra's cold demeanor. personally, even through that coldness, i will most likely think of him as cute while watching the anime because i read this fanfiction before watching that arc "

and second, this mpreg wasn't all, 'hold me through this utterly painful but rewarding experience, my love!'-ish. the first and the most important pregnancy of ts story, was handled by Ulquiorra alone, without grimmjow there to help him. no matter how fitting it is though, i couldn't help but feel like something was trying to roughly pull at my heart-strings when i read that section. I WANTED GRIMMJOW TO BE THERE TO WITNESS THEIR FIRST CHILD'S BIRTH DAMMIT! .

that scene where they made up was one of the most touching aspects of the story, in my opinion...
i got out of my comfy bed and did a quite horrifying happy dance when i read the part where they forgave each other. honestly, horrifying because i couldnt dance to save my life. haha, i'm sorry to all my spectators (aka my now horrified brother. soz, bro! X9)

ARGHHH! I'M FRUSTRATED! THERES SO MUCH I WANNA TALK ABOUT BUT MY GOD, I DONT KNOW IF THERES A WORD LIMIT TO A REVIEW OR IF I CAN LAST MUCH LONGERRR!

despite me saying that i loved the fact that this was a cruel and somewhat cold love, once a fluff-lover, always a fluff-lover i guess... i absolutely adored all those domestic moments in this story, whether it be possessiveness over their child, possessiveness over their mate, or just cute little moments where they would just cuddle (though i'm sure both would deny that was the case XD) the little father/mother(?)-son bonding time was cavity-inducingly sweet! especially Ulquiorra and sol's moments!

ha, i just realised. i only do a capital letter in front for Ulquiorra. does that say something about me?

that second attempt at pregnancy was just tragic. i was literally crying. i have a weakness against tragic stories to do with children... but the fact that grimmjow helped Ulquiorra through that utter sadness was touching, and i am seriously loving this pairing more and more (thanks to you ;) i love you for that)

grimmjow's near-death experience was just one of those moments where i wanted to scream murder if you even thought of letting him die *smiles innocently* i'm kidding. but i was kinda in a state of apprehension where i was stuck in the same position with the same horrified expression, my only movement my frantically pressing finger as it scrolled down...

and this last chapter though! XD grimmjow and Ulquiorra dorkiness FTW! i myself thought that Ulquiorra was gonna die (i was literally preparing a rant-speech thing for you) but then it turns out that our dearest Ulquiorra only wanted to have a little moment with his little princess XD to me, Ulquiorra honestly seemed like the type of mother(father?._.) to be strict and stuff but be a little soft on his little girl :3

anyways, the curtains are drawing on this spectacularly long fangirl-ish review.
omg this is THE LONGEST REVIEW IVE EVER WRITTEN o.o most times, with stories i've read and loved, i'm speechless, but for some reason, with this one, i wanted to express my eternal gratitude to you for sharing this masterpiece with the world. it was probably because it didn't end with a tragedy, instead with a light-hearted note :)
you are a truly talented writer and i couldn't be gladder and prouder (i tend to be like this, even to people i dont even know, save for their writing. i hate to see talent wasted) unfortunately, i don't think i'll be able to purchase your book. but i'll be sure to keep this in the back of my head until i'm able to do so! i really really just wanna keep reading you pieces, they're like the a remedy to soothe my ever-aching need for brilliant stories! XD

yep. definitely the longest review i've written. is there a word limit to reviews? because i swear, if something happens to the ramblings of my heart...
i'll cry my eyes out and grow mushrooms in a corner? i dont even know "
Nanashi chapter 1 . 2/21/2015
Nice plot, love the details you put in the story and overall one of the best I've read
Guest chapter 35 . 1/5/2015
Ichigo-sama is old :( old and dying :( what you have done is a cruel thing :*(
MsNJS chapter 37 . 9/25/2014
Let me preface this by saying that I do not watch Bleach. I knew nothing of the show, the fandom, the characters, nothing until this work. Yet I still loved story.

Despite the show and its establishments inspiring you, you were still able to weave a one of a kind story. A story that any reader could get immersed in regardless of being in the fandom or not. I love the darkness of the setting and the characters. Finally a romance that doesn't turn the characters into mushy saps. They are dark cold warriors, who do fall in love but it is a love akin to their nature their kind not some fanciful Valentine corporate conspiracy of love. It seems impossible in their world but it is still believable. It is also all the more beautiful because you see it building and growing in a natural plausible way. Even though it is not a 'normal' love it is a special because it is unique and unconventional. I also love all the other plot happening. Again I am not familiar with the fandom so it was a little hard for me to understand completely or get into, but you did such a good job with your leads I was not hampered by my lack of knowledge.

I came here after reading Eternal Shadow, which I told you I loved. I am so glad I took at a chance on that book because now I have this story as well. I can't wait to read Bequest. Thank You. And I hope that you will continue to write...