Reviews for Dear Ginny
nayin17 chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
so sweet
JustYourAverageRavenclaw chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I liked this! At first I thought it was just meant as a different way of them getting together, but I looked at the date and saw that you wrote it in 02... wow. You must be clairvoyant! :) Great job!
Rogue12158 chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Well, I think you've now given yourself the right to go around yelling, "CALLED IT!" to all of your friends. :)

Great story!

Rogue
d for delete me chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Aww, that was so cute! The ending was great.
Mallika-Page394 chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
too cute...nice ..plz write more HG
Uzamaki-Girl chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
That was cute.
seth-o-matic chapter 1 . 12/1/2005
three i think it is two but o well update soon
darkmark111 chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
what are you talking about? id never insult your work! its brilliant as far as im concerned. this is such a warm and loving fic! its has brightened my day, as corny as that sounds. and i still have faith for a ron/hermione pairing and a ginny/harry pairing. hey, it could happen!
Disassembly of Reason chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Very nice 1-shot H/G fluff in which Harry opts to reveal his feelings for Ginny in a letter rather than in person. Written pre-OOTP and set during the summer after Harry's fourth year, the story is now AU.

The idea of Harry opening up in a letter rather than in person has a certain appeal. While he has wit and can be quick with a comeback in conversation, a lifetime with the Dursleys has trained him not to open up about his feelings (and also has left him unexperienced in either giving or receiving affection, apart from the friendships he's formed at Hogwarts).

Technically, the story consists of two scenes: Harry's POV, composing the letter and dispatching it with Hedwig, then Ginny's POV receiving it on the morning Harry's due to arrive at the Burrow for the remainder of the summer. The POVs are 3rd-person, as JKR handles such things.

The author has pulled off a neat multiple-POV-for-a-single-character trick. As Harry composes the letter of the title, we see what Harry's really thinking as he struggles to write each line, and second-guesses himself. This storytelling style gets even more interesting when we see Ginny reacting to the letter line by line as she reads it for the first time.

The author also makes a wise decision in not overusing the technique. Ginny's brief reply is written in a rush and given to Hedwig only to be delivered right in front of her as Harry arrives.

Poor Harry, of course, beats himself up about nearly every paragraph as he writes it, while Ginny's reaction is far from hostile. :)

For a longer story with some scenes in this vein, I recommend NotSmith's _Sometimes It Takes a Dream To Wake You Up_, in which poor Harry went through three pieces of parchment just deciding on the salutation of his first letter to Ginny (a thank-you for her first birthday present to him, not even an official love letter). The letters form only a small part of the story, but it's very funny to watch.
nobodyhereanymore chapter 1 . 11/9/2003
Aw. *is choked by cuteness factor* I think I may be allergic to cute things, as my throat closes up every time I read it...wierd...
l'Ange de Morte chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Aren't they darlin'!
Miss Zippitydodah chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
this was a nice, sweet, cutie-pie piece of lemon-merangue (is that how you spell that?)...well, pie. I'll say what everyone says but what writers never tire of hearing: awww, wasn't that cute? i'd apperciate it if you'd check out my stories what u get a chance! happy writing! ;)
Lip Gloss Whore chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
YEE! I love it! I em like lost by your wonderful writing, _ . I don't think ANYONE could possibly find one thing wrong with this story, let alone insult it! You should be very proud of your writing! OREOS! And goodday luvvy!

**Kawaii Magic Marker**
GinnyWPotter chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
Yes, aww, that was cute. ::grins:: You *do* plan to write a sequel, yes?
PrincessIvy chapter 1 . 7/31/2002
Awwwww. So sweet. I love H/G. They're perfect. And I love the "Ginny Weasley sat at the breakfast table, watching in disgust as her brother and best friend, Hermione Granger, made eyes at each other." line. Mostly because we *all* know that R/H make eyes at each other when they don't think anyone else is looking!