Reviews for Whiskey
ebonypol chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Loved it!
Alisx123 - GambitRemy chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
interesting read. thanks for writing
fangirlie chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Beautiful heartbreaking story.

Now I dont get how Logan is suppose to die before Gambit, or did I get it wrong and is Gambit the one whos dying? :/
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Girl, I love this. It's heartbreaking. It's intense. It's quiet. It's in the details.

As they say, God is in the details and so is the devil.

I want to mention that it could use a grammar/spelling beta (story is perfect - do NOT mess with perfection). Particularly, I'll say whiskey is spelled with an e. That done, I can say it doesn't change how desperately I love this piece.

For the first time, I could really FEEL the Witness, what made him that. How precisely he's in my mind now, sketched out in a few key details carefully moved from the familiar to the frighteningly other familiar that the Cajun always had that potential to be. We can see and feel with nostalgia all the pieces shorn away and what is left behind is also familiar, but honed to a knife point. And seeing it through the eyes of one so FULL (he's seen everything, done everything, he feels complete) lends it the right perspective to see the end of a legend and the tragedy of another.

I wish I could truly do this piece justice with my words, but this is beyond my words. It's so down-to-earth and warm and yet there's so much more in it. My words stutter to a halt, but my heart goes back and rereads.
Toasterman chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
That was great. I teared up a bit at the end. Fitting for the last conversation between two very strange comrades.

Great work.
Nekobaghira chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I really liked this. My only complaint .. its too short! I could have easily read more! Enjoyable, you did great with two of my favs. Awesome, keep up the writing. :)
BJ2 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
A beautiful glimpse of my two favorite men. Thank you for this.
Omgu8mynewt chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Touching, especially what they call each other. Just wondering how Remy outlived Logan.