Reviews for Simple Steps
Jedi-Bant chapter 50 . 11/20
Wonderful
Anne7 chapter 33 . 10/29
I want to thank you for the insightful worldbuilding you've presented here with Jedi child rearing practices, and in the process explaining, in a way that made sense to me for the first time, why Obi-Wan would have been considered unsuitable as an apprentice. (Of course, said practices can probably be classified as psychological child abuse, and the effects can be seen in Obi-Wan's low self-esteem - but they make sense within the system you've presented here.)
Similarly, last chapter's insights into Palpatine showed the reasons for Anakin's fall far more clearly than I've ever seen elsewhere - how words and events built on each other to make his fall all but inevitable. I can't believe I read this all once before and did not go, "That's it, that's all the explanation I need."
thisisup-upisno chapter 20 . 7/12
okay but? "your training cannot be complete if you don't sacrifice your mother to slavery"
did anybody think that the 'clean break' would work better if he wasn't CONSTANTLY WORRYING ABOUT HER? people are easier to let go of when you know they're okay!
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 49 . 6/23
Hot damn, I never realized how badass hugs could be :D
ksecc1 chapter 22 . 6/16
Yup. That was a tear jerker too. Your ability to write emotion into your stories is amazing.
ksecc1 chapter 21 . 6/16
Oh yes. Totally choked up with this chapter. You did your job well.
ksecc1 chapter 19 . 6/16
Hahaha! I love how obi wan and Anakin both have such different tones to their narration. They're both so lovable, and they feel like complete people with different strengths, weaknesses and quirks.
ksecc1 chapter 12 . 6/16
Young Anakin is so cute! He's like this bouncy golden retriever puppy.
ksecc1 chapter 2 . 6/15
You delve so deeply into emotions in this story. It's fascinating. Thank you for writing it.
Deja Vu 22 chapter 25 . 6/12
Great chapter! I just have to say, I didn't quite read one part right, and it made me laugh quite a lot. When Anakin gets out of Obi-wan's flashback and goes "Sith kriffing hells!" and it mentions him toppling forward, I imagined him completely falling off the bed. And then I remembered the scene from earlier when Anakin was sleeping on Obi-wan's legs and then Obi-wan twitched and he fell off and now I can't stop laughing. Okay, anyway. Thank you for the laugh, even if it wasn't quite intentional.
thisisup-upisno chapter 43 . 5/11
Shit shit shit. Fuckdamnit, of all the times to not be paying attention!
thisisup-upisno chapter 42 . 5/11
Fucking opera. It's pretty as fuck, but come on.
*grumble mumble*
It's difficult to get the emotion of a fight right when your narrator isn't one of the ones participating. She was awkward, not interested in the outcome or choosing a side.
Also, the detail of Ahsoka rolling her entire head because her eyes weren't expressive enough was very teenager and very /her/. Perfect.
And, maybe something that would help you write her? At least body language wise? People tend to remember that not every character is human by vocabulary language, and think it's enough. In Ahsoka's case, her montrals are only referenced when her height is discussed. She has lekku and montrals and they both have different than human senses which means they do things that humans simply don't have and I really believe that ends up translating into some weird things for body language or comfort. Her lekku move. Her montrals have some sort of echolocation going on. She's a carnivore. Togruta are so cool! Not. Not a criticism, I just know that wookiepedia is pretty useless on Togruta and I get so excited about Ahsoka!
thisisup-upisno chapter 37 . 5/11
Well, Anakin, should have been practicing solving conflicting emotions back when you had the chance. Good luck, buddy.
Please tell me Kit doesn't die again, I rather like him.
thisisup-upisno chapter 34 . 5/11
Wait, Ahsoka's still around for this part? Please don't kill her, she's badass! /White/ lightsabers, come on, you know that's cool.
So is Anakin not going to know yet? Or are they gonna be "sneaky" behind a pillar again?
thisisup-upisno chapter 33 . 5/11
Ha-ha! That's what you get for Knighting someone against your better judgement! No gain! None! 'Worth it, it will be, when attached, they no longer are.' I love this. Their faces must have been /magnificent/.