Reviews for Simple Steps
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 50 . 5/19
I enjoyed your story very much. I've been wanting to read it for a while, but I saved it until I could read it all in one week or so. You did a really good job of creating the small changes to Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship early on that could bear fruit later in avoiding Anakin's Fall, but I appreciated that he still had to face his fears and anger before he could defeat Sidious. And I appreciated the nod to ROTJ when Anakin tossed his weapon to Obi-Wan.
thefandomcalls chapter 50 . 2/3
I read this whole thing over 3 days and wow, it is so so good! The last 10 chapters had me literally vibrating with anxiety and i kept having to calm myself.
This is so well written. I could literally hear the triumphant Force theme playing as Anakin let go of the dark and fought Sidious. For a minute when Obi-Wan said "You're my brother, Anakin. I love you" I thought Obi-Wan was dying!
I loved the Jabiim arc as well. very well done. Thanks for the great story.
cmspreitzer chapter 50 . 2/1
I just spent two evenings reading this. AMAZING! I can't even...this thing is epic
lisca chapter 50 . 1/2
I went straight from All but name to here and now I'm done with both of them I don't know what I'm gonna do with my time!
I litteraly couldn't stop reading (that can lead to some ridiculous moments when you're visiting Italian most beautiful places with your family but you're in the middle of an epic fight scene or getting teary)
Now I just have to spend the rest of my life looking for a story half as good as yours!
Happy new year and thank you for your wonderful stories!
Jedi-Bant chapter 50 . 11/20/2017
Wonderful
Anne7 chapter 33 . 10/29/2017
I want to thank you for the insightful worldbuilding you've presented here with Jedi child rearing practices, and in the process explaining, in a way that made sense to me for the first time, why Obi-Wan would have been considered unsuitable as an apprentice. (Of course, said practices can probably be classified as psychological child abuse, and the effects can be seen in Obi-Wan's low self-esteem - but they make sense within the system you've presented here.)
Similarly, last chapter's insights into Palpatine showed the reasons for Anakin's fall far more clearly than I've ever seen elsewhere - how words and events built on each other to make his fall all but inevitable. I can't believe I read this all once before and did not go, "That's it, that's all the explanation I need."
thisisup-upisno chapter 20 . 7/12/2017
okay but? "your training cannot be complete if you don't sacrifice your mother to slavery"
did anybody think that the 'clean break' would work better if he wasn't CONSTANTLY WORRYING ABOUT HER? people are easier to let go of when you know they're okay!
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 49 . 6/23/2017
Hot damn, I never realized how badass hugs could be :D
ksecc1 chapter 22 . 6/16/2017
Yup. That was a tear jerker too. Your ability to write emotion into your stories is amazing.
ksecc1 chapter 21 . 6/16/2017
Oh yes. Totally choked up with this chapter. You did your job well.
ksecc1 chapter 19 . 6/16/2017
Hahaha! I love how obi wan and Anakin both have such different tones to their narration. They're both so lovable, and they feel like complete people with different strengths, weaknesses and quirks.
ksecc1 chapter 12 . 6/16/2017
Young Anakin is so cute! He's like this bouncy golden retriever puppy.
ksecc1 chapter 2 . 6/15/2017
You delve so deeply into emotions in this story. It's fascinating. Thank you for writing it.
Deja Vu 22 chapter 25 . 6/12/2017
Great chapter! I just have to say, I didn't quite read one part right, and it made me laugh quite a lot. When Anakin gets out of Obi-wan's flashback and goes "Sith kriffing hells!" and it mentions him toppling forward, I imagined him completely falling off the bed. And then I remembered the scene from earlier when Anakin was sleeping on Obi-wan's legs and then Obi-wan twitched and he fell off and now I can't stop laughing. Okay, anyway. Thank you for the laugh, even if it wasn't quite intentional.
thisisup-upisno chapter 43 . 5/11/2017
Shit shit shit. Fuckdamnit, of all the times to not be paying attention!