Reviews for Halo: the Art of War
Mega Mario 6 chapter 34 . 6/16
This story is awesome. All the right elements are there and the tech and lore are utilized perfectly. I like the use of helical rail guns as they are so much cooler than pure rail or coil guns, especially as the extra energy efficiency would greatly ease the burden on the capacitor banks to fire multiple shots on a single charge. By far the best part though, is the narrative leaning on the inherent advantages and disadvantages of each kind of technology. From ship board MACs and reactive armor to the plasma weapons employed they all have their uses and situations.

That said, I do have a small issue with the description of the Spartan's helical rifles. They were described to have subsonic muzzle velocities and, while that would make them extremely quite, would greatly reduce their accuracy, range, and kinetic kill potential. If this were the case, traditional chemical propellant would be preferable though it would reduce the amount of ammo carried. Not sure if it was just an over sight or mistype or done for reasons I'm just not seeing but it bugged me :P.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next chapter.

P.S. Just remembered that you mentioned not to focus on the numbers but I can't help it, sometimes numbers just jump out at me.
this story is amazing
footstate chapter 34 . 5/31
i wanna see how john discovers they heritage and how he uses it. is his final mission actually recovering the mantel for hummanity?
major wallace chapter 34 . 5/13
awesome work
EverEternal chapter 12 . 5/6
I'm sorry, but the more I read this, the less I can stand it. I understand that Spearhead are in essence 'Your' spartans, but they exemplify everything I can't stand to see in a character. It doesn't help that they're all so unique and special, and so much better than everyone else. I can appreciate your technical quality when it comes to the writing itself, and I love the idea and plot. But my god the characters completely ruin it.
We'll... Just Spartans, but the point still stands!
This is amazing and I haven't seen any flaws yet. We'll no glaring flaws and despite what other people at saying, spearhead is the most hilariously insane badass Spartans and soldiers ever!
Leonidas-BSG11 chapter 34 . 4/6
Nice work with this chapter's spoiling attack, would've been boring if the UN fleet just sat there waiting for the Spartans to finish. I've noticed some inconsistencies with the number of Spartans, carriers and battle cruisers but they don't affect the quality of the story that much, if want to fix them I'll point it out. Really enjoyed the story so far. Hope the marines don't forget to leave a Havoc or Nova behind on High Charity when they leave. Looking forward to the next chapter
Damn this fic is good - it's got me hooked!
attonranden chapter 34 . 3/28
Hot damn Miranda you badass, thats all I can really think of to say. :P
attonranden chapter 27 . 3/28
Three guesses who sent that last part. Wonder why Bias was so cryptic?
attonranden chapter 23 . 3/28
Okay so Spearhead are going to be the distraction? How? The Covenant would just glass them wouldn't they, not matter what they did.
attonranden chapter 19 . 3/28
Ah Medicant Bias returns to us, with high res intel on High Charity... Haha wait you're not planning on sacking High Charity are you?
attonranden chapter 11 . 3/28
Personally I would have John win, if only for the reason of having the master chief maintain his image as an unstoppable force... Though I guess that description better suits Wa now, hmm.

Anyway I would have floored Wa when John electrocuted him isn't his entire skeleton one giant metal conductor now? Not complaining though, nice fight!
attonranden chapter 10 . 3/28
So the Spartans have a beast? You know I can see the advantages of Wa I mean he's a bloody mobile weapons platform for a start and a tank, which I guess is the whole point of him. That aside though fielding that kind of instability on a regular basis wouldn't be something that I was comfortable with.

Oh and Yang or Nicole or someone should have told John about this. Serious who posts something like this under someones command without at the very least a caution warning on it.