Reviews for Halo: the Art of War
EverEternal chapter 12 . 2h
I'm sorry, but the more I read this, the less I can stand it. I understand that Spearhead are in essence 'Your' spartans, but they exemplify everything I can't stand to see in a character. It doesn't help that they're all so unique and special, and so much better than everyone else. I can appreciate your technical quality when it comes to the writing itself, and I love the idea and plot. But my god the characters completely ruin it.
We'll... Just Spartans, but the point still stands!
This is amazing and I haven't seen any flaws yet. We'll no glaring flaws and despite what other people at saying, spearhead is the most hilariously insane badass Spartans and soldiers ever!
Leonidas-BSG11 chapter 34 . 4/6
Nice work with this chapter's spoiling attack, would've been boring if the UN fleet just sat there waiting for the Spartans to finish. I've noticed some inconsistencies with the number of Spartans, carriers and battle cruisers but they don't affect the quality of the story that much, if want to fix them I'll point it out. Really enjoyed the story so far. Hope the marines don't forget to leave a Havoc or Nova behind on High Charity when they leave. Looking forward to the next chapter
Damn this fic is good - it's got me hooked!
attonranden chapter 34 . 3/28
Hot damn Miranda you badass, thats all I can really think of to say. :P
attonranden chapter 27 . 3/28
Three guesses who sent that last part. Wonder why Bias was so cryptic?
attonranden chapter 23 . 3/28
Okay so Spearhead are going to be the distraction? How? The Covenant would just glass them wouldn't they, not matter what they did.
attonranden chapter 19 . 3/28
Ah Medicant Bias returns to us, with high res intel on High Charity... Haha wait you're not planning on sacking High Charity are you?
attonranden chapter 11 . 3/28
Personally I would have John win, if only for the reason of having the master chief maintain his image as an unstoppable force... Though I guess that description better suits Wa now, hmm.

Anyway I would have floored Wa when John electrocuted him isn't his entire skeleton one giant metal conductor now? Not complaining though, nice fight!
attonranden chapter 10 . 3/28
So the Spartans have a beast? You know I can see the advantages of Wa I mean he's a bloody mobile weapons platform for a start and a tank, which I guess is the whole point of him. That aside though fielding that kind of instability on a regular basis wouldn't be something that I was comfortable with.

Oh and Yang or Nicole or someone should have told John about this. Serious who posts something like this under someones command without at the very least a caution warning on it.
attonranden chapter 7 . 3/28
Well to say Spearhead are interesting would be an understatement, a very large understatement at that, still can't wait to see them in action. Dear Jonny seems like he's actually insane and I can only imagine what Richard will be like in battle with an attitude like that. Kid seems like he needs a flamethrower and a jet pack.
attonranden chapter 2 . 3/28
You know I always thought Doctor Halsey was a bit of an idiot. She seemed to fixate on history and archaeology rather than actual weapons research for her Spartans.

I mean she's clearly brilliant, Spartans and their Armour is obvious evidence but it seems like she fizzled out after developing the mark V variant.
attonranden chapter 1 . 3/28
Interesting idea, I never thought about using Medicant Bias as an actual character given that he was divided after his defeat.

Nice way to get a fic rolling.
TalonEclipse chapter 7 . 3/15
Well Spearhead is interesting to say the least. I'm glad I found this story. You can thank Casquis for that by the way. I finished "The Life" and looked through his favorites and saw this.