Reviews for Wrenfield Hall
ChristyWIX chapter 27 . 4/7
The dress making and the first draft, for lack of a better word, sounded atrocious. Thankfully, the women got their heads about them again and made what seems to be a rather lovely gown. At least from the appraisal of the other women in the room, as there was no description. I just adore that BxE can not keep their hands off each other. Makes me yearn for the lemons that are not to be in this story . . . I'll have to create them in my own imagination. James is still very much up to his old ways of springing himself on people with absolutely no warning. Tanya was complete overkill . . . I wanted to run away from my computer to get away from her. She's just way too much. James getting that document for Edward was extremely kind of him to do so. I do love that he repaid his brother with that . . . after all the hell he put him through. I am quite curious as to if Edward ever told Bella of that part of his story? I certainly hope that James never once spoke a word of it to Tanya! She would expose and demand and it would be so very ugly. No, let's do hope that he keeps that to himself until his dying day. If he even whispers a bit of it, his son could step up. *shivers*
ChristyWIX chapter 26 . 4/7
I knew there would be a slight adjustment period. Them now treating her as the lady of the manor in lieu of just plain 'ol Bella. I knew it would hurt her. I'm so elated that Mrs. Cope took the time to explain the why of it all, in a sense that Bella could and would understand. Bella being utterly bored, I can certainly relate. You've got five children and there is a lot of respect I have for you in that. I had always dreamed of the child free lifestyle. My husband was very agreeable to that upon meeting me. So, even though I need not work for us to retain our lifestyle, I do out of sheer boredom. Thankfully, I love what I do. Better than that, I can read these stories in between my daily work calls. Truly, I get paid to read! What better job than that, right? I digress. Bella not only getting a glimpse at the ledgers, but excelling in a way that Edward had never expected, was beyond wonderful. I love that he brought Bradford around to show him how amazing the future Lady Masen truly is. Oh, and I absolutely adore how BxE can barely keep their hands off each other. I know there is no lemon in this story from its "T" rating . . . but, in my mind that bedroom of theirs will be quite the hot zone throughout their marriage. Of that I am certain.
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 4/7
I absolutely loved his rapid fire questions he had for her. Then his absolute awe that she was a small business owner. Him immediately telling her that he will enjoy his life there in Venice with her. That was wonderful. Her saying that she's dreamt of being with him at Wrenfield Hall and that there is where their life should be. Sigh. Then catching up with what his family has been up to. That James and Tanya are happy together and living in the Orient. Alice and Jasper with their twinners! Just what Alice needs for her very active self. If anyone can chase twins, it is Alice. Sad about Rosalie and Emmett, but I imagine they will adopt happily and have natural babies. I fear you may be ending this abruptly. I really hope we get to read of her return to Wrenfield. That we get to read of them getting married. Of their happy life together. However, you said only one more chapter. I'm worried now.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 4/7
I'm very proud of Bella to take herself from maid to business owner . . . it is beyond remarkable in those times. I am incredibly sad that her running away from everything, caused the two of them such sadness and grief. Unnecessary grief and sadness. They could be blissfully married and well onto their second child by now. So very glad the Commodore found her and that he took the time to tell her all of it. Bella's tears were perfect. Her jumping up and announcing she were getting every thing in order and returning immediately to Wrenfield was exactly what I expected. It was perfect in her haste to get there, to get there as fast as possible. I was and was not surprised that Edward was on that ship. I was elated, but it very much made sense that he would travel with the Commodore on these journeys, in hopes of finding Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 4/7
Really? You had her run to the Webber's, that makes sense. I can even understand her leaving and getting the job in London. However, to have her run all the way from there to Venice! Then for her to be gone for three years! Three years! I'm glad she's got her own successful business, don't get me wrong . . . but, she never let Edward say his peace. Never spoke to Alice to get an understanding of just what happened. That is running away from everything and it's not good. The Admiral seemed as though he was desperate to right a wrong. He was elated to find Bella. And, he's been looking for her for the three years.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 4/7
This is so freaking hard to read. Good lord, it should be listed as Angst/Romance . . . Hurt/Comfort is too light. The tears . . . GAH!
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 4/7
I knew this was going to be just evr so painful to read. Both of their hearts shattered. Mr. Winters knows he can buy anything and he bought his daughter a marriage. Makes me wonder if she'll even want that? Will she like having the knowledge that she is second best? That he will never love her? I wouldn't want that. However, we are talking about these social climbers and having a Lord as your husband puts you finely at the top. I have no idea how you will possibly make this a happy ending for our two lovebirds. I'm so sad right now.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 4/7
That asshat knew all along and was playing these Masen boys through it all. Knowing full well that Edward had no intention to marry Tanya, yet forcing him to do so. I hate James even more now than ever. His carelessness has cost this family more than money and houses. They've lost their own free will. I have to say, it is a little presumptuous of Mr. Winters to think he actually holds that kind of power. The government is already quite interested in their factory, I highly doubt they'd back out because Mr. Winters says so. Edward, what have you done?
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 4/7
This is going to be really hard to read here pretty soon. I can feel it brewing. Bella had been able to keep her heart in check, for so long. However, between Edward professing his love and writing her all the letter . . . then Aloce with all of her very lovely words . . . how is Bella supposed to keep herself from falling so hard. The party was to be filled with Masen's and Cullen's and all their friends. However, with Carlisle falling ill and Alice and Esme returning to London to be there, Edward will be all alone for this. I'm quite sure Bradford was right, I can't see Tanya happy at Wrenfield at all. Certainly not for an extended period of time.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 4/6
This is pure evil. That fothermucker James gambled this all away. I can't believe the audacity of it all. Then he forces Edward's hand with absolutely no way out of it. They would lose their grandmothers pride and joy in losing Trefoil House. This keeps getting so much worse. I just know Tanya will get her father to make Edward propose, in ireder to get the final paperwork done. Pore Belka and Edward. I hope that Tanya learns just how much Edward doesn't have any interest in her. That he was blackmailed into it. That'll always make a woman feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. Of course, with them now having that party. Guess what will happen. Oh the pain of this. Almost too much to bear.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 4/6
Well, with the letter, the birth certificate and the other paper, my dream of it being all made up just fell through the cracks. Unless, James knew of that hidden drawer and put the papers in there for Edward to find. Still, how do you forge a handwritten letter from Elizabeth? Edward would know his mothers writing. So sad. Even if Withers can find a way for Edwrad, the land would be divided and he would have none of it any longer. That's so sad to me. I know that it would at least be in the tenants hands and protected. So there is that. Still he lives this land as much as he lives his family. Just hurts.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 4/6
I loved his thoughtful gift and the letter. Was very touched that Alice sent the gloves and ribbons. So lovely. Lizzie's engaged . . . YAY! So excited for her. That really is a very sweet subplot. You had readers that didn't realize the massive clue Edward gave at the beginning? How'd they miss that? I still think it is Edward that is just as legit as Janes is. I do think James created this paperwork to hold it over his head. To create the illusion of the upper hand. To force Edward to do James' bidding. I'm holding tight to that. For some reason Edward still trusts his brother when he shouldn't.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 4/6
You authors call it filler, I call it story. It's not all about the characters. You need the storyline too. What you gave us there was Edward finally confiding all to Alice, thankfully. We do now know that James is sacrificing two peoples lives to line his damn pockets. Selfish bastard. It really is all about money. Then you gave us Edward writing a real love letter for once and that was beautiful. Finally, you ended with us kearning why they had no way to procure the amount of money they needed from Wrenfirld itself. All very good things. Definitely not filler.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 4/6
Love, love, loved the shared passion after his shock. Her letting him know she loves him. Him telling her, three times, he loves her! Gah! The shared night together with promises of what is wished. Yet he was careful enough to not truly promise. Only that he would try his best to fix things. Then breakfast and how much Bella's smile got under Tanya's skin. Tanya realizing he isn't promised to her but, she swears he will be hers. Then Bella simply shining so brilliantly to everyone with her knowledge. I loved it! Especially that it pissed Tanya off. Brilliant! I know this will get bad before it gets good, yet this chapter was the first one to show there will be an HEA!
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 4/6
Yes, Edward wants Bella and she wants him. Of that I've no doubt. However, he is caught in quite the pickle. And, now that Tanya is aware, she's goingvto bat her blue eyes at daddy and force things sooner than Edward would ever like. I love that Bella is fighting fire with fire but, it's a very dangerous game to play. Especially with all the others in the house. Scary.
3,140 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »