Reviews for You know you're in colorguard when
Omg... My rifles name is taco
phantomphan4evr chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
i cant tell you how many of these things are sooo true! GG FOR EVER!
SashaMonroe chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Story of my life!
S chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Great I love these

I have more

- in marching season water becomes your best friend

- in winter guard you know the other schools performances

- the band and guard get get more trophys than any other sport( and apparently this isn't a sport)

- you say band is a sport

- you spend more time with your team than with your friends

- Florence and the machine becomes your teams favorite artist

- you really know your in guard if you've seen the craziest uniforms, hair styles , and make up
SpottedPelt of ThunderClan chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
a lot of the "You know your in Color Guard when..." options describe me! I love this story!
SpottedPelt of ThunderClan chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I like this! IT'S SO TRUE!
Shikamaru'sLove chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
My rifle's name is fluffy and my nickname is Ginger! I have hit so many people with equipment in my two years of guard and most of them were band kids :)
Bethakinz chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
All of these are SO true! I made a whole pencil routine in geometry and it went flying and hit someone...
Budding-Author4 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Your personality is classified as either a flag person or a rifle person.

You starts saying "Got silk?"

You don't laugh when someone gets hit in the face with a rifle. Been there, done that.

You petitioned for Winterguard.

You have a story for every tear in your practice flag.

And every dent on your rifle.

Boy or girl, you make it look good.

Mistakes are just "planned variations".
Sgt. Sporky chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I'm not even in colorguard and I do almost all of these things. I play trumpet, fer chrissakes! Then again, I've worked with flags and rifles all to often before. No sabres yet, but nobody trusts 587 with anything sharp. That's mostly because of me, Turkey boy, and random combat knifing. Also, you know you're in colorguard... when a) you're dating a drummer; and b) armed guard is a girl with a flag, not a guy with a gun.
MaddieIsWhatIAm chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
-you walk up to that baritone you stand next to and say excitedly "I didn't hit you that time!" -you stop on a set where you're facing backwards and smile at the percussion line you didn't know was there -you suddenly have so many more friends than ususal - when at school assemblies, the band plays the fight song and you sit in the stands doing your work -after a competition, you can't stop smiling because it's compulsory -your idea of humor is picturing that percussion member friend of yours in your uniform, while throwing a double and an upside down j toss on flag. while smiling. -you sing songs about your saber named "Elektra" on the bus
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
- you look up the songs in your show to practice at home

- the songs in your show are suddenly your favorite songs

- you hit the veteran band kids with your flag and apologize twenty times

- you hit the veteran drummers with your flag and don't feel bad

- you constantly have to yell at the freshmen to NOT step on your flag xD

- you convince your non-band/guard friends to come to marching band competitions

- Even though you use sunscreen religiously, you will always have a sock tan, a shorts tan, and a sports bra tan

- before Homecoming, everyone on the guard folds down their tank-tops so they don't get a strap tan

- running around asking people for "guard tape" is normal

- nobody knows what you mean by guard tape, until you show them your rifle/saber

- you and your friends have matching bruises from new saber work

- your rifle is named something stupid (for example, Frenzy, Bernie, or Taco)

- your guard instructor doesn't remember anyone's names: she gives everyone nicknames

- you spin your pencil in class

- your pencil flies out of your hand in class and hits a random kid in the head

That's all I got haha :) I enjoyed reading this!