Reviews for The Adventures of Mary Sue
proximally chapter 17 . 5/8/2011
Overused: Just to pick a few: Buneary, Vulpix, Riolu, Lapras, Pichu, Ralts,

Underused: Some of my favourite Pokemon are rarely used: Meditite, Shuppet, Masquerain, Ninjask, Lumineon, Mawile.
The Scarlet Empress chapter 17 . 5/8/2011
Overused: Absol, Growlithe, Pikachu, Vulpix, Ponyta, and basically most of the fire Pokemon.

Underused: Tauros, Stantler, Grimer, Voltorb, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Natu, Yanma, and a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more...

Ugh, it felt like my heart was broken into pieces when I heard that Skitty is kind of underused D: I mean, sure, it is your opinion, but I rarely even see Skitty fics around here, so it is possible it is REALLY underused... (Skitty is like my favorite Pokemon ;A;)
memessa chapter 17 . 5/8/2011

Overused: Any evolved Pokemon, Vulpix, Growlithe, Onix

Underused: Ekans, Belsprout, Oddish, Paras, Magnemite, Shellder, Krabby

And way, way more... T-T
Scheherazado chapter 17 . 5/8/2011
Oh god can you just use the list in my Guide Fic below Neutral is underused above is Overused kthnxbai. xD
Blazengirl410 chapter 17 . 5/8/2011
Overused: Absol, Zorua

Underused: Wooper, Trubbish, Glameow, Nincada, Skamory, Spinnark, Meditite, Tynamo, Durant, (The list could go on and on...)
shashautl chapter 17 . 5/7/2011
I was about to respond indignantly to the statement "Most of you are young", but then I remember that '17 and graduating' isn't exactly the definition of old and sagely.

Hmm... Good question. I don't read so many OC stories, mostly canon character stuff and one-shots. So I'll do my best based on what I've seen.

OVERUSED: Vulpix; Growlithe; Pikachu (obviously); Lapras; Shinx; Flygon

UNDERUSED: Anything ugly, fat, disgusting, seemingly useless, or common; Electrike; Wailmer; Khangaskan; most water-types

Although, I think water-types are often underused because, if you're trying to add realism to a story, they're a pain to take with you. Brenda figured this out the hard way, with her stupid Carvanha that she couldn't even let out of its ball for weeks at a time. I still don't understand how those things can fight on land in the games, haha.

Honestly, though, I don't think the overuse is a problem in many of these cases. It IS a problem when the characters have no good reason to be receiving said Pokemon, or when the characters and their Pokemon aren't well characterized enough to make it interesting. (Brenda just got totally trashed by Yellow in my fic for treating poor Radio like dirt... and I read a story with an OC that had a Riolu that was bat-shit insane and annoyed pretty much everyone)

As far as other chapters, I can't remember if you've covered this, but I'm feeling a chapter about CanonXOC pairings. Mostly because I find them annoying in general, especially when poorly done.

Another thing that randomly annoys me... people referring to Eevee as 'the evolution fox' in a narrative. No one thinks that in real life. It's just annoying. .
Kaileychicago chapter 17 . 5/7/2011
I haven't read much of the journey stories. But I do see these ALOT

Overused:

Pikachu forms honestly

Eeeve

Lucario

Mew (and legacys for that matter)

eevee forms

Underused:

I find this really like really harsh.

But pokemon that are unattractive don't seem to be used. Only the cute ones really.
hannyfish chapter 16 . 4/18/2011
I wanted to scream when I saw the last chapter!

And I agree with this.
Darth Brain chapter 16 . 4/12/2011
I definitely agree that Pokémon OCs have gotten out of hand. I know I've been oit of touch for a while, but when I came back, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw how much everyhting had gone downhill since the new year.

Everyone has gone mad, and every writer seems overly touchy, so much so that you cannot say one bad word, or they rush off like big children. Here I thought how mature everyone was...

Guess it's just me (again)...

As to possible discussion topics, how about the fact that the Pokémon anime has been going on for thirteen years (Yes, really, it is that long), and not one character has aged in that time span. In fact, Ash is said to be 10 in the opening of Best Wishes, even though he should be 23, and in a better position than he is. Just saying.

Or there's the discussion of how the Villainous Teams are presented. Most times in the games, they are dangerous and directed towards a goal, which few FF authors effectively capture, as the anime and manga do. You could write a chapter on how a lot of authors dumb down the villains, that they can be easily beaten, which is a load of b/s, because in White, the fight with N, then Ghetsis is extremely tough.
shashautl chapter 16 . 4/11/2011
GOOD chapter. The only time I've ever submitted OCs were to a story that wasn't based around them, but the author needed some non-canon characters for humor purposes. So that barely qualifies.

The website is killing me. It's KILLING me! I can barely find an opening to update my stories, and then I get less reviews, since no one can log in! Vicious cycle.

Hmm, what can you write other chapters about...? Well, I think it might be a good choice to discuss canon characters being majorly OOC. Not just a little off (like I write Silver sometimes :/), but seriously OFF, so much so that they're canon-Sues. Or maybe something about... I don't know. :)
Emiri-Chu chapter 16 . 4/11/2011
I just found this today and I like it a lot, since I've been wanting to write my own story for a while.

My response chapter 15 [the horrible grammar one]: I've seen text messages with better spelling than this!

I also have to agree that pokemorphs are obnoxious. :P

I'm going to probably start drafting my story now! :D

Thank you SO MUCH for making this! :D
83567893564355788 chapter 16 . 4/11/2011
Honestly, I only submit OCs to stories for the fun of it. Shallow on my part, isn't it? Anyway, I was about to do an OC submission story, but decided against it. I don't go on fanfiction to write often, so I wouldn't be updating on a regular basis.
Capital WHY chapter 16 . 4/11/2011
LOL

What a rant. XD

Personally, I'd never write an OC submission story cause it sounds like a headache. Like you do, I submit a random OC here or there for fun, but usually, nothing beyond that. OC stories are a bit hard for me to read, because often, even if the character isn't a Mary-Sue, the plot-line isn't interesting enough to capture my attention.

But I do enjoy good OC stories. _

Anyways, your bit with Farla made me laugh (not that I agree with it completely, but whatever), and I do get annoyed with report-happies. Seems there are some on EVERY website. -_-

Well, interesting chapter. :3

Finessefully,

X
Amulet Misty chapter 16 . 4/10/2011
I've never submitted an OC before, but honestly I don't really want to. I mean, what would happen if my character got written all wrong? I wouldn't like that. It's much better to write your own OC story.
314 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »