Reviews for Girls' Night Out
bookish327 chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
I think you wrote Hannah extremely well and in character. I completely agree with you about not being a Hannah-hater. She's a means to an end where an eventual Booth/Brennan relationship is concerned, and she's also very nice as a person. It could have been so much worse: someone who acted irrational and threatened about Booth & Brennan's partnership. In a way, she's almost everything that Brennan's not, while still being a smart, independent woman with a successful career. Unlike Brennan, she's very open with her feelings and free-spirited, and maybe these were some of the things that drew Booth to her when he was in Afghanistan. We know that, in the end, though, he'll end up with Brennan, but Hannah is good for him while Brennan is getting there on her end.
allthatisevil chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Hey! Sorry I didn’t review the last one. And I am sorry for this review I’m writing now since I don’t know what to write. Don’t get me wrong, I love your stories and I enjoy them, they are wonderfully written and you keep everyone in character. It’s the show that has me on the fence.

I hated the season finale and I thought I was done with Bones, but what pulled me back in was Hannah actually. So I am very pleased you’re adding her to the stories. I like her. I like she’s not intimidated by Brennan, that she excels on her field, that there’s no way in hell Brennan can put her down as she has done in the past (with the marine biologist, for example). And I like how you wrote her. And I adore how Brennan tries to deal with the new situation (man, Emily Deschanel should be awarded, that woman’s acting is out of this world!). I do feel a pang in my chest whenever Hannah appears or is mentioned. Which is another reason I liked your fic, I felt the pang all the way through (hehehe, I’m an odd person).

Ok, that’s my rant/review, if one can call it so.

allthatisevil

PS: Good for you, deciding to enjoy writing rather than feeling compelled to do it!
Still A Mystery chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
While I can't say I'm with you on the Hannah thing, I will say that your story only made me cringe a little. ;) I enjoy everything you write so, much like the show currently, I will venture with care and fast forward when neccessary lol. I'm sure looking back you will be correct in saying Hannah will be for the good of B&B as a couple. Nice job on your story- it felt very real and true to cannon.

~SAM
Tadpole24 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I liked this :)

And I hope we get to see Hannah and Brennan's girls night out :) I also like Hannah, but at the same time, I can't wait til she's done rocking the boat and lets our Boothy get back to Bones :)

This was very sweet, I like the idea of Hannah and Bones talking about love and them getting along.

Very nice fic :)

Em

xx
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Great story! I really enjoyed it! Very cute! Hannah seems nice!
fictitiousgirl08 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I'm with you - I like Hannah as a character (and sexy Booth in bed is always welcome), and I think she's necessary to Booth and Brennan finding their way back to each other. I really enjoyed this, short but sweet.
texmex327 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
HA HA HA HA

"I've reexamined and revised my opinion, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't dislike you." - I love this, and I can see Brennan telling Hannah this.

I'm still on the fence about Hannah (right now its still leaning towards daggers, but I digress) I do believe that she is critical to the relationship between Booth & Brennan.
JoPo08 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Ah, I liked this! Go girls' night out!

As far as Hannah goes, I'm either going to hate her guts because she'll try to take Brennan out of Booth's life, or I'm going to hate her because I want to like her so much and she'll be a perfect character!

That, and I think Brennan is being a little too blatant about her body language and feelings this season... it seems out of character to me.

Anyway, great job! I was wondering what you were going to think of Hannah.
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I hope last week's feedback was okay! I liked this one very much, though I have a feeling I'm maybe in the lucky position of being objective? That said, I liked Hannah here, though I did sense the undercurrents with Bones. On a lighter, and more frivolous note, I loved the enjoying a shirtless Booth :D Yes indeed! I giggled at the drifting Hannah does also when Brennan is so matter of fact about Booth's physique :D You did a great job here of weaving in a lot of romance and humour and a trace of the bittersweet also. There were some moments, like when Brennan talks about love, that I had a wistful smile on my face. I think you write a great scene between Brennan and Hannah, and captured two very different personalities excellently. I like how you showed a considerate character with Hannah, picking up on details like that Brennan doesn't like her putting her hand on hers. Good discussion between the two also about love and luck, that was great. As always, fantastic dialogue!
BonesnCastleFREAK chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
mm... this story's good! :D although, im not exactly a big fan of Hannah, but in a way, the new addition spices up the relationship between Booth and Brennan a bit more. Although, I have to say, B&B all the way!
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
You've written Hannah as I perceive her. She loves Booth, sex is very important to their relationship, she loves adventure, and she enjoys life. However, she presses for info too much, probably what makes her a good reporter.
baby-rose15 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I agree with you Hannah is really quiet likable, so I hate the writers for doing that but alas it might actually get us somewhere. That last scene when she doubled back to ask for a girls night I literally couldn't help from being and annoyed and happy that they didn't make her an easy to hate bimbo.
DarkArts27 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
D, you've done it again ;) I share your opinion about Hannah, I'm kind of liking having her there, simply because as you said, means to an end. And she's only been contracted for 6 episodes or so, so far anyway. We know she's not permanent, anyone who's watched the show for more than five minutes knows that, that's why I'm sick of hearing everyone getting their 'hate-on' about her. I think it spices things up having a new cast member, but hey, it might also speed a few things up ;)

This was a lovely piece, and at the end of the episode, I was wondering how a girls' night would go between them :) I'd like to see something happen with that, and if it did, I'm sure it would be very similar to this. You write Brennan so well, I'm jealous. You capture the social awkwardness perfectly, but you don't make her so completely disconnected (as some people do), and it just works, it reads like something Hart or Stephen would write for the characters :)

Also, I can't wait for the Bren pov ep! That's going to be *awesome* :) And yes, I'm all for some more shirtless Booth ;)

Lt3
M. Pond chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I liked this. You wrote Brennan and Hannah very well and I could hear their voices saying the dialogue. And I liked the little contrast you did between them because they are very different but also very similar.

I really like Hannah. It was inevitable she was going to have haters because she's coming in as Booth's girlfriend but I liked her. I hope the writers will explore a friendship between her and Brennan because they do seem quite similar in a lot of ways, even with their different outlook, and I think they'd get on very well. You know, until Hannah eventually learns Booth is in love with Brennan ;)

Great oneshot :)
AmandaFriend chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
No bashing here. I like the naivete of Hannah here- she's open to whatever is coming at her in the form of Brennan and she is accepting. I imagine she's going to take on some of Brennan's ideas in the series, so I like your take on it here.

Brennan's hesitancy to reveal too much fits her as does the literalness. Her "acceptance" of Hannah is pretty classic Brennan.

I think you've tried to be fair to both characters and didn't pull out all the cliched or previously scripted lines and I do appreciate that.