Reviews for babysitters100
Sara K M chapter 54 . 8/9/2017
Hi there.

(Note: The Baby - Sitters Club time line is completely ridiculous. In the beginning Ann M Martin implies that each book lasts a month, and then their eighth grade year seems to last forever - particularly as they went on summer vacation and then began eighth grade over and over again! No wonder Mal and Jessi complained that they were never allowed to grow up. They were in sixth grade for, what nine years? But my point is, don't pay any attention to the months, time, seasons, etc. when writing for this series, considering the author never did, LOL.)

Thanks for pointing me toward this one. :)

Such a great thought process on what Sharon wants to get out of dating again and who she might want to date as a result. She's attracted to "Trip" because he's new, and therefore she can "start over" away from all her recent problems (and probably on some level, because her parents obviously liked him). She's interested in Richard because he's familiar and comfortable, but she also finds his quiet nature comforting.
I appreciate the way she knows she needs to find out if there is something "more" to their relationship now, though. As fun and easy as it is to get lost in the past, it can't be ALL about their past as teenagers if they are going to have a relationship in the present.

Like the way they were willing to discuss Jack and Alma. I think discussing the legacy of past marriages (whether divorce or death) is particularly important, because it has a big impact on how the person wants to approach a current relationship.
Sara K M chapter 15 . 8/8/2017
Hi there.

This was great. I read a lot Baby - Sitters Club when I was younger. (Like just about every girl in the US, I think. :) )

But these days, as adult I like to read fanfiction about married couples with kids still making time to be well...a couple.
I've been looking for fanfiction that focuses on the "parent couples" for the Baby - Sitters Club for a while now, and I thought I wasn't going to find any. (Because most people don't like to focus on "the parents," I guess.)
This moment between "John and Dee" in Snowbound was EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Their worry about the kids during the storm, and the way they comfort each other, teasing each other, and all the little touches (hand holding, kisses on the top of head, etc.) that a couple that has been married for a long time would be comfortable with.

P. S. I've always wanted to see a "couple scene" between Sharon (Dawn's Mom) and Richard (Mary Anne's Dad.) Could be before Or after they were married, but preferably from their POV. (We already had plenty of Dawn/Mary Anne POV of their relationship in the books.)
Do you have any of those in this series that you could point me towards? If not, do you think you could write one? If the way you write "John and Dee" and even "Richard and Alma" are any indication, I think it would be great.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 67 . 7/23/2017
This was a nice short chapter. I haven't read all the books, but I don't remember her going to a boarding school.

At least the series was entertaining I'd like to see how this will end
39CluesFan-Star chapter 3 . 7/22/2017
Great story! I think the rating on the intro part should be PG 13.
amber.mosher1 chapter 66 . 1/29/2017
I never thought of Alan/Mary Anne as a romantic pairing, but I love it. I only wish this was a full story, because it left me wanting more of them!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 63 . 5/31/2016
Oh, I love this hurt/comfort one-shot of Sam and Stacey during their college years. I love how they're both still recognizable as characters, yet older and wiser at the same time, especially on Sam's side. He doesn't even make any crass remarks about helping Stacey undress, which is a far cry from the teenaged boy who teased her at Shadow Lake. There's so much trust and vulnerability here, and I love your descriptions of the rain outside, which create such a gentle atmosphere for the whole scene.

My one critique is that Stacey didn't recognize the signs of a migraine herself and Sam had to tell her. With all the baby-sitting experience that she has by now, it seems like she should've recognized it right away. (I mean, between the deaf kid, autistic kid, kid with leukemia, child star, etc., I'm sure the club had a chronic migraine-sufferer at one point.)

P.S. I'm here reviewing you for the review-a-thon at the Caesar's Palace forum! Come drop by sometime, all fandoms welcome :)
Phoenix Arisen Again chapter 65 . 5/5/2016
I loved that island thing, it's very true
bamboo72498 chapter 65 . 5/1/2016
Awww! That was SO sweet! I can totally imagine something like that happening. Great job!
Phoenix Arisen Again chapter 64 . 4/29/2016
Lmao, great fic. I liked the whole thing, the camping was an interesting thing to watch. I really liked all the food descriptions too(except the bacon because I'm a vegetarian). The bread & cheese(I forgot fondue can be chocolate or cheese) game was interesting.
Overall great fic, with great mentions of food on top of the whole thing being perfect. The whole zoo was entertaining campin together.

Even Charlie & Mary Anne's chemistry whci was was delicious as the food descriptions.

They clicked perfectly and are handling it cautiously after their break ups and the fact that they're family friends.
revbev353 chapter 64 . 4/27/2016
I really liked this one! Surprisingly I had never really considered Charlie and Mary Anne. It worked out though :) Kristy was quite affectionate- which maybe she gained with age haha
Can't wait for your next one! :D
amber.mosher1 chapter 64 . 4/27/2016
I really, really enjoyed this. You're a fantastic writer, and the dialogue was great. I laughed out loud a few times, especially when Charlie was teasing her about her pen callus. Everyone was really in character, which I always appreciate in fanfic, and it was very believable and sweet.
Kelly chapter 36 . 1/25/2016
I know this is so old! I'm obsessed with this storyline! Can you please write a full Mallory/Ben story?
amber.mosher1 chapter 63 . 1/20/2016
I really love these sweet little scenes you write between characters. I really enjoyed the last one with Charlie and Janine, and this one was really cute too.
Sam Thomas chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
I give credit that was one practical joke!
Sam Thomas chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
I'm not in to girls too much