Reviews for A Recovered Moment
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Awwww! Lovely lovely story! So nice. Im glad you had this little scene in your head and shared it with us. I would have liked to have seen just a few more moments like this. Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Thank you for this line: "well, you can imagine how much he was looking forward to someone getting the blame for eating all the cookies."

"He still blames me for eating all the cookies"

That was GREAT! Not only did it make me giggle, it warmed my heart. :-)
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I like this one. Sam needed to be close and agreeable with his dad for at least a little while.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Loved this! The scene in the show where Sam and John had a 'moment' was great and this just adds right to it! Awesomeness! :o)
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
This is actually how I view John, not the monster alot of fics present him to be. This was nice. Thanks.
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Hey Hon

sorry it's taken longer than I thought to review this one, time is not my friend at the moment! LMAO

I loved this very manly chick-flick between John and Sam, it flowed so naturally and I don't think that it needed to be any longer. Just a scene out of a life ...

Promise an email very soon and I'll send you what I have been playing with in the script, The Rain Song, I have finally got storyboarding software! hehehe

love Shelley
rog457 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Lovely moment between Sam and John. While I certainly didnt agree with most of the things thats John did and how he treated the boys, I always felt that he did what he thought was best and did the best he could in an impossible situation. I sometimes hated John but I never disliked him, if that makes any sense.

Its sad that John had to send Dean away for fear he would have hit him, and he felt he had to assure Sam that he was safe from everyone including himself, but that obviously did reassure him so thats good. Also sad is that these moments were so rare that Dean felt he needed to store it away as one of his few happy family memories.

I'm glad neither of the boys said "Yes, Sir" in this story, that always made me cringe when I heard it, as if they werent sons but soldiers.
cindy123 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Awww...such a nice, sweet story. I love John, despite how awful he was at times. It's clear he loved his boys more than life itself. Loved it hon.

Cindy
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
great little story and so glad you decided to write it. Although, you know I'd love more, with a ginormous helping of limp Sam thrown in for good measures. You rock my socks, thanks for the story, Nicole. :)
twomom chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I love this story! I really like John. Always have. I think he did the best he could but it was obvious he loved his kids. He probably didn't want to raise them they way he did but he figured he was going to make sure they were prepared for anything life threw at them. I love how Jeffrey Dean Morgan portrayed John and without any words you could see how he felt. Would love to see you write more stories with John. You do it really well. Thanks so much!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I'm glad you wrote this. It sounded so true to me, as I always feel that there had to be moments like this. I think if they had more time and a bigger budget, they might have actually written things like that in, but because they didn't it's great to have people like you write those little bits of comfort and chick flick. Thanks again, I enjoyed it immensely. Hugs, Vonnie
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Awesome. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Yes, too short, but definitely what I wanted to see. John actually talked to Sam this time instead of asking Dean why he didn't pick up the phone and call him. He took the time to let his youngest know that he still loved him, visions or not and that NOBODY was going to hurt him. At least for now, Sam doesn't have to be worried that he is "something" to be hunted.

Like Dean, I hated to see the moment end, but hey, at least Sam finally had his loving and caring father back, if only for a moment, instead of the drill sergeant they had become accostomed too!

Awesome oneshot my friend!
RhianaStar chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
It was a good few minutes of John and Sam time. Don't think you need to add more... sometimes the number of words written are just enough to convey the story...