Reviews for Save Me A Dance
JP1124 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Damn another great 1 Captain
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
That was a wonderful story, captain. Indeed, we've seen Ron sacrifice so much for Kim and her dreams. It's good that he should get his turn.

Ron was quite capable of getting where he wanted to be on his own. That place is at Kim's side. Now she has to pay the price of a term away from him for not giving him his due. It just seems fitting that she be willing to make that sacrifice.
Reader101w chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Great story, and congrads on the six year anniversary.

I can see Kim going way, way out of her way to help Ron into college. Of course, when he manages on his own is just for the better.

Keep up the very good writing that you do, hopefully for many years to come,

reader101w
Slipgate chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
This is interesting because it's a deeper emotional exploration than you have done recently. I like your fluff, and don't get me wrong, I don't like lots of angst, but it was nice to get something meatier here. Happy anniversary (of both kinds).
BlueLion chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Nice fluffy songfic. Have added it to my community. I didn't know the song "Save me a dance" so far - really like that one. Looking forward to read you again!
shana elmsford chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
love it
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Excellent way to celebrate your FFnet aniversary.

Keep the good writing.
daccu65 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Happy six years to one of the Kimmunity’s most prolific, if not the most prolific, writers. I like the sentiment and the relationship awkwardness. While Kim is Ron’s girlfriend, in some ways she views him in the same way that a protective parent views a child. However, I have to wonder if her father knows about the two of them planing on sharing an apartment, an ocean away.
Kpfan72491 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Amazing story :)
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Your obsessed reader notices a missing period at the end of Kim’s first quote. And that’s enough of that.

Incurable sentiment. Homespun storytelling. And…as you noted…a different take on their academic arrangements.

A long time since your “I am” series highlighting the characters’ POV-and your CAB. You and Richard Sirois really burst on the scene with the “The Lotus Bloom“. A lotta life has been lived. A lotta ‘shipping, love, and adventure. You extended your concern during my divorce. You allowed me to draw inspiration from your stories. Thank you for everything.
JCS1966 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Congratulations on six years on this site! If only a few other writers were just as dedicated.

I could see the college sitch going this way, but very few could pull it off like you have here.

Again, congratulations. Captain!
noncynic chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Very nice read. Grats on six years, that kind of commitment to something you like is pretty impressive. In your postscript, amused that the site seems to delete it's own name. Keep up the writing, as long as the Muse is true.
JAKT chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Captainkodak1,

First…

Happy Anniversary. After writing KP for six fantastic years you have touched and continue to touch so many hearts. Your gift of sharing your remarkable writing talent speaks volumes. Dad and I are ever so grateful that you encouraged us to take a step into the KP writing universe. You will always “ROCK” in our book.

Second…

Given the incredible love, tenderness and commitment which has increasingly characterized your stories this tale brings to light an entirely new revelation to Kim’s “I can do anything” world. The relationship between Kim and Ron here takes on a whole new dimension as she reaches a new level of emotional depth with this heart-wrenching piece. Sometime we do help someone too much and it really hurts when we hurt them in the process. As was sung in a favorite play of mine, “No good deed goes unpunished.”

For the reader to see and experience this relationship torn apart as Kim struggles to try to deal with this “sitch” is amazing. The interaction of what happens breathes with a fire and life all its own and what you’ve done is draw the reader into a depth of raw emotion which can tear asunder any heart and soul if it is not corrected. Sometimes that takes a lot of pain and anguish which you have portrayed so well here.

You also change the whole equation in comparison to the events which we saw on TV and plunge headlong into the trauma of chronicling a much more realistic emotional journey for Kim as she realizes that she “can do everything” even disrupt her boyfriend’s life. This story in some respects is very different from what we're used to seeing from your writing but beneath that surface and making its way to the top is the same magic, the same sense of emotion, gentle passion and fierce love that is your classic writing style.

As Dad says, “Well done. Well done indeed.”

Until the next read…

May your ink pen never run dry, your paper never run out and your hard drive never crash. giggle.

kt
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Nice story. I always knew that Ron's career would fall into cooking :). Keep on writing.

Danny
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
great story real pulled on the heart strings