Reviews for Rescues fail but friendships last forever
TereseLucy384 chapter 6 . 8/23/2014
How is it that I have not reviewed this story? I enjoyed it very much (of course, I always enjoy a little MAG).

I love the name, Minnow. That is so cute.

We always comment about what a loving family the castaways became, but really, could we expect anything less? They belong there together.
ChocolateChipCookie27 chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Aww, thanks for the shout out! That was a cute ending :) Minnow is such a sweet name. Good story, hon!
TorontoBatFan chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Nice story.

Fifteen years of living in their own world definitely would result in a shock to the system when they got back to civilization.

In "Castaways on Gilligan's Island", I got the impression that they built the hotel on the island not so much out of a desire to profit, but as a way they could stay on the island while still being in contact with the rest of the world and make the occasional visit .
Cloudyyyy chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
It's great that so many writers are coming back and finishing out their stories. I had seen this in the archive, but decided not to read it because, well, it was abandoned.

It's really cute though. Things would be very different after being away for 15 years. And honestly, they have it pretty good there on the island. Food, shelter, friendship/family.

MAG being together is always alright with me. :D Minnow is certainly a unique name. They could call the baby Minnie. Yeah, it makes you think of the mouse, but it's still a female name.
dabzzygirl chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Minnow Gilligan! That's a wonderful name! And having Skipper as her middle name is even better!
ChocolateChipCookie27 chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Aww, this is such a sweet story. That's not the end, is it?
TorontoBatFan chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
Interesting fic.

I always thought that after the second reunion movie, the real reason the Howells financed The Castaways Hotel was so that they could essentially remain on the island, while still keeping in contact with civilization and being able to visit when they wanted to. Essentially, it was the best of both worlds for them.

Are you going to incorporate the second reunion movie into the fic?
Terri Spencer chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
I like your story with Gilligan. But didn't the his
family have a radio or television? They had a ticker
tape parade for the castaways somewhere in the movie.
Teobi chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Herbert, Herbert, Herbert...whose idea were you. Mind you, on seeing the guy, I'm not surprised Mary Ann didn't want to marry him. Dork!

I loved in the movie how Gilligan kept sying "he waited fifteen years and you waited fifteen years, that makes thirty years!"

Oh, and the epically heroic way he rescued her..sigh.

I like the explanation for why Herbert waited fifteen years anyway. Mary Ann would have been shocked to find the wedding was still on after all that time. Luckily Cindy was still around.

Well, I don't know if you ever plan on updating this but I enjoyed reading it anyway. I'm just so glad you made Mary Ann and Gilligan into a proper couple. I feel all warm inside now.
Teobi chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
I didn't think they looked comfortable being back either. Even the Howells came to realise friendship meant more than money. (Yay Howells!)

Ha, love Ginger's beeyatch-ness at the beginning of the chapter. Mary Poppins and Tweedle Deum, because he's both of them. Not so, Ginger!

Oh, I really like the idea of Mary Ann and Gilligan having a baby that would be born and raised on the island. He or she would be like a little Mowgli running through the jungle with all his animal friends.

That's so nice that Mr. Howell helped them out with money until they got settled. He pretends to be all haughty and stuff but really he's a lovely, warm hearted man. Just don't tell him that!

Poor Gilligan nearly getting shot by his brother! But at first glance he would look very different- older for starters. (It took me a few minutes to get used to Bob Denver with longer hair- I mean, he has longer hair in Dusty's Trail but he still looks different to when Gilligan was younger.)

'Gilligan took a calm step towards him and touched the gun. "Easy Mark, trust me you don't want to kill someone anyway, not a good choice" he said soothingly.'- Gilligan's learned something from his experiences with Jonathan Kincaid.

Hmmm, yes, the mysterious 'Herbert'. On to chapter three...
Teobi chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Hi! I watched the Rescue movie recently so it was great to see a story set around those events. Also, I'm really glad you made Gilligan a bit more mature (but atill goofy). After all those years he definitely would have grown up a little. He was always childlike, but he wasn't mentally arrested.

OMG I am such a sucker for MAG. I love all the tentative "should I tell her?" and "should I tell him?" Those two were born for each other. I'd pretty much want to be shipwrecked for the rest of my life if it meant I could be with my soulmate.

In the Rescue movie they never even alluded to any of the castaways reuniting with their own families. It would have been funny to see Mrs. Gilligan faint. Imagine if his mom was klutzy too.

Awww, cute kiss! And sweet that Gilligan wants to be part of a couple but not 'all the mushy stuff you girls do'.

er, Gilligan...that's not quite how it works. There might have to be SOME mushy stuff involved!

LOL I like how you wrote 'probably not realistic'. So what! MA and G belong together. I'm glad you did it. Besides it's a lot more realistic than what actually happened in the darn Rescue movie.
Lilly chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Oh my goodness that was really sweet! I absolutely love Gilligan and Mary Ann as a couple! They were such good friends that it only makes sense!
callensensei chapter 3 . 10/6/2010
I'm glad you explained away that ridiculous Herbert from the movie! Talk about continuity glitches! I'm waiting for someone to explain away Thurston Howell the Fourth. (I say he's a nephew!)

Hooray, hooray for Mr. Howell! He would indeed use the word vermin, and I that was one of my favourite scenes in the movie. Can't wait to hear his version of the incident!
callensensei chapter 2 . 10/6/2010
Of course Mrs. Howell would be thrilled at the turn of events. She predicted it all those years ago!

It certainly would be a shock the the castaways' families to see their loved ones alive after so many years of presuming them dead. No wonder Mrs. Gilligan fainted! But how sad, yet plausible, that Gilligan feels like a stranger to the next generation of his family. He is, even to his current family, because he's changed so much. All the castaways have.

Nice touches of humour alleviate some of the poignancy. I loved Ginger's comment, "Am I bunking with him now?" I guess they will have to work that out!
Maudlin Mush chapter 3 . 10/4/2010
wow! I love the way you've brought the castaways together to discuss all they've been through since they've gone home and returned. Wonderful! I look forward to the ensuing chapters!