Reviews for Chaos Theory
coronadomontes chapter 36 . 3/21
buen capitulo-good chapter
KT chapter 36 . 3/20
I never thought I'd be routing on Gilgamesh against Saber...nah, never mind, I'm still routing for Saber!
Mingyu chapter 36 . 3/19
Woah! I really like the matchups that came out! It definitely has the feel of a FSN route ending. I also (still) really enjoy the bits of comedy you throw in.

...Also, dang! That Servant abomination fight is gonna get creepier, isn't it? Thanks for the chapter!
Fimbulvetr chapter 30 . 3/18
Quite a fine fic indeed. What a departure from Ike vs Black Knight!
Fimbulvetr chapter 28 . 3/18
Being Lancer is suffering!
SinForged chapter 36 . 3/17
Seems the final battle has finally truely started. I can't wait to see how this will all turn out.
Turing Decidable chapter 36 . 3/17
While I was binging this story, I was just a bit worried about Chapter 34 being published in September last year, so I was quite relieved when this chapter came out! I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this story ends.

I will admit to the slightest disappointment that you're clearly not going either Shirou/Rin or Shirou/Sakura, but your portrayal of Shirou/Ilya is giving me quite the powerful fuzzies. Keep it up!
Generation Zero chapter 36 . 3/16
I certainly expect more from Saber but the clash between them is awesome. The overall theme is quite dark but this is to be expected considering the events. I wonder if Shirou will have a happy (Harem) ending here but Illya wouldnt let him XP
Satire Swift chapter 36 . 3/14
Oh boy, looks like everyone's in a bit of a pickle.

Good chapter.
Bob chapter 36 . 3/14
KEK. Ilya just left while they were talking xD
Noumero chapter 36 . 3/14
I would love it very much if Sakura and Kirei win, and then their plan *works*, they succeed and actually make the world a better place. Albeit crazy-sounding on the surface, Sakura was selling their plan surprisingly well, at least to me. That is not to say Ilya's concerns are baseless, but still; fascinating.
Also, to everyone who compares it to Instrumentality/Ragnarok Connection and similar Assimilation Plots: I think this one is a little different. Instead of mindlessly mashing the minds together, it would use AM's structure to propely *integrate* them, creating a complete functional entity; not to mention the part where that entity is send into Akasha to.
It may seem like personality-death inducing to us (merging minds into hivemind does that to people), but don't forget that Nasuverse has souls in it. Continuity of experience may be related to them, not to minds directly, so the creating of the gestalt-entity may not even kill anyone.
Oh, I really want them to win now.
My Arduous Descent chapter 36 . 3/14
Server lock chapter 36 . 3/13
It was a perfectly written chapter as far as I'm concerned. Everything was in order, so I'll sit back and enjoy. In retrospect maybe, maybe you could have constructed the mountain better for a mental image, but that's nitpicking on an absurd level.
titan616 chapter 36 . 3/13
Awesome chapter, there was definitely some good dialogue and character interaction leading up to the final battle. Angra Mainyu was creepy and twisted as hell. It's cool seeing Saber Alter and Gil going up against each other, they're both great characters and this fight puts an interesting spin on an old conflict. Looks like Rin will have a chance at vengeance against Kotomine, which certainty beats having to fight her sister.
DezoPenguin chapter 36 . 3/13
There is one thing that will never, ever change, no matter how many iterations Fate/whatever goes through, and that is that Rin Tohsaka damn well knows how to make an entrance.

So, Saber and Gil are still fighting each other, and it was interesting seeing Gilgamesh use the physical limitations of Excalibur against Saber. I don't think I've ever seen that particular trick done before. I am fairly sure that whichever one of them (if not both) actually survives, they still have a part to play in the denouement, simply because neither of them is beholden to either side of the conflict (yes, Gil is helping Shirou/Illya/Rin for now, but he's not really on their "side" per se, and Saber's not connected to the Shadow despite being Alter-ish).

In fact, at this point, everything seems to have parceled off into a series of individual conflicts: Shirou/Sakura, Kirei/Rin, Rider/Caster, Saber/Gil. That leaves Illya on the loose with her parcel and no specific enemy to face (unless Angra Mainyu itself and the Greater Grail are her "enemy"). Thus, I suspect that the next few chapters will be typically spectacular (this one already hit many high points). Especially if Rin gets to firmly and forcefully do unto Kirei as she hath already done unto Shinji.

...Yeah, no, there's no way things would ever go that well for Rin. I think the best she can hope for is that Saber and/or Rider survive the story so she can establish a proper harem end, given that Illya's got Shirou tied tight around her little finger.

Speaking of Illya, she was gold here. Surrounded by people who are evil, crazy, knee-deep in unending chaos, or Gilgamesh, she manages to come through with the incisive lines. Sakura may be being whispered to by All the Evils of the World, but honestly, right now we're seeing what happens when you leave the formative years of a remarkably talented young magus in the hands of a man whose soul is literally a seething pit of worms. And Shinji. But I repeat myself. I don't know if she's at all saveable at this point, but I know it's going to be fun watching Shirou try.
1,920 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »