Reviews for Don't Say Stop Believin'
thatguywiththeaxe chapter 7 . 9/22/2011
Your chapters are always worth the wait ;-) The humor is sharp and witty as always but I must say, you really have a gift for placing little bits of understated drama here and there; Mio's appreciation for Ritsu's friendship, Sawako's failed romance and even Jun's desire to prove herself all have underlying aspects of seriousness in them. Sawa-chan's breakdown at the end was just heart-wrenching.

Have I already said that this is what K-On should actually aspire to be? Because it totally is. THIS is exactly what I was looking for when I thought about checking the anime out, not endless episodes full of nothingness!

And by the way, I frigging knew Tetsuo was a faker and I already had a suspicion about Mugi's gimmick, as did everyone I'm sure, but man, Sawako just had to bring it up a notch didn't she?
Cytrus chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
This is dazzling. The cannonade of jokes in every line leaves me speechless, but I might be too busy laughing to speak anyway. Not only do you abuse the characters to the extremes, there's even some commentary on contemporary Japanese society sneaked in.

I'm reading the next chapter when it comes out.
Magus1108 chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
Ah, another great chapter! I sure am happy to see another update from this! And the fallout from Tetsuo's obviously coming breakup with Sawako shall be mighty interesting, indeed!

Keep up the brilliant work!
micchan chapter 6 . 7/31/2011
As expected, this is one of the best humor fics I've read so far (my fave's tangled up in indigo XD). The idea of the light music club joining a regionals contest seemed kind of absurd (they do have more chatters and tea than practice..not that I'm saying they're not good but like in the 2nd season, what happened to the budoukan dream?) and the way Sawako handled the whole situation was way more crazy. Mio seemed like she has bipolar with the glasses on and off and Mugi just threw her guts out. Jun was a mess, well, too honest I think. But I loved her spy act. It was very adorable haha.

Looking forward to the next chapter! Sawa-chan's on the move!
Sarendune chapter 6 . 7/31/2011
I love this silly little story heh. Not much to critique about, mechanics wise it's pretty spot on, any ooc problems is obviously debatable, the pacing is good, and I genuinely look forward to the conclusion.
thatguywiththeaxe chapter 6 . 7/31/2011
Now, THIS is what a K-on fanfic should be. Th characters are absolutely true to the bare minimum established in the show, yet are becoming more well-developed over time. The "meta-ness" is also handled expertly, never becoming a crutch for cheap humor. Speaking of humor, it's handled amazingly well; quick and sharp-witted but not afraid of stupid fun. Ritsu's "brontosaurus" song is totally singable with "Don't Say Lazy's" melody, which I believe was intentional on your part.

Put simply, the actual anime wishes it could be this good. No joke.
Sarendune chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
Ah yes, very good humor fic. I look forward to future expansions.
chromate chapter 5 . 5/30/2011
I just realized I haven't left a review for this story yet...oh well...

This is probably the most enjoyable chapter so far. It is realistic enough yet has all the good elements of a good fanfic (good plot, character-building, fluent structure etc). The change in Mugi's psychology is quite subtle yet not losing any 'character' of the Mugi we know. The apparant flaw, in my humble opinion, is the lack of Jun's 'conspiracy' in this chapter, as I only see an annoying Jun here but not really 'invovled' in the chapter. But apart from that personal view I really enjoy reading this chapter. Good work!
Sarendune chapter 4 . 3/7/2011
Heheh, a very funny chapter. I'm interested to see where this new plot leads us concerning Mr. Conman.

Overall enjoyable to read, nothing grating or annoying really. No rampant sexual tension, no gratuitous character assassination, no character defilement for shipping purposes, no odd off colour political/nationalistic axe grinding... And it has a lighthearted little plot... having a plot is always a plus here... Oh! And the fourth wall is unscratched! I can't tell how many people think that humour derives from breaking the fourth wall every 5 minutes!

I'll save critique for when it's finished, as I don't see anything that seems broken and I don't want to influence the formula of the writing.

But, if I could offer some helpful observations, I would recommend toning down the necessity of carrying Ritsu's chair. Since it's a public building (and indeed, most buildings by code I think are required as well...) there would probably be ramps and elevators for Ritsu to use. The jokes are by themselves funny, but on the sensitivities side, being wheelchair bound would not mean that you would be unable to go to school without several people carrying you around.

Honestly, that was the only thing that really stood out to me as a problem. Everything else felt very fresh, and it was an enjoyable read.
Magus1108 chapter 4 . 3/2/2011
Hahaha. This chapter was quite amusing! I absolutely loved it! Great job. I simply cannot wait for more! Keep up the wonderful work!
Blackfox545 chapter 3 . 2/4/2011
This is EPIC please update soon xD
Sarendune chapter 3 . 1/31/2011
Rather enjoyable, I like that you some how managed to not have sexual tension between the girls yet. Not that I don't like that concept... but that's like, 98% of the stories on the boards.

So far, it's been cute, funny, fairly unique, and mostly in character. If I had any complaints is that Yui seems more like Osaka then Sukasa from lucky star. I'm finding that she's a hard character to write to get the exact level of quirky/lazy without dipping too far into the realm of absurdity. You did at least make mention of her uncanny musical ability though, too often people are blinded by their love for Mio and forget that Yui is amazing too.
AmphrosDragon chapter 3 . 1/5/2011
This fic is hilarious although catherine is shockingly scary (in a good way) the only problem i have with this fic...

Ritsu's the drummer. Drummers have pedals they have to press with their feet. So if she's wearing casts on both feet...? Sorry to bring it up but I feel like if i challenge you you'll come up with an irrationally funny reason for it to all work out :)
Taz chapter 2 . 11/10/2010
Amazing! Best KON fic I read! Cant wait till the next update :)
Magus1108 chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
My my, this was certainly entertaining to read! I quite enjoyed this. Great job! I eagerly await more. Keep up the great job! And I especially look forward to seeing what gimmick Sawa-chan has for Mugi. Can't wait for more!
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »