Reviews for Don't Say Stop Believin'
The Guitar Person chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
My, looks like Sawa-chan has gone bye-bye and "Catherine" is running the show now XD The "gimmicks" she had in store for the girls were totally insane but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

The jokes and one-liners were as sharp and as funny as I'd expect from you. The clever references to the 2nd season intro sequence were great to read as well. It's just 'meta' enough without being too hard to understand :) Everyone is spot-on with their respective characterizations as well.

That last sequence with the flyers seems to indicate that they may be in for some deep shit though 0_o;;

Hope to see some of the competition they're going up against and also, that they finally get to writing and performing the OP and ED songs for the Regionals!
Saphira Veera chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
Better than ever! Please update soon~ Oh, I couldn't understand Mio's gimmick was... ~ Glasses? Images?
11133322 chapter 2 . 10/22/2010
ok, this was seriously funny. Wish I could offer more constructive criticism than that, but for this I would first have to discover a flaw anywhere yet. Humor that comes -from- the characters (instead of being forced -on- them), their personalities and the dynamics of interaction (with a few, not too much, bits of reference/inside/meta jokes), the punchlines are timed to a "t" and come in rapid succession, and the introduction of the narrative framework (winning a contest) gives a clear but flexible enough goal from which (the follies to reach it) the jokes can flow, all the while providing focus and direction so there isn't just (enjoyable but) inconsequential slife banter but also suspense and prevents things from dragging too long. Absolutely promising stuff, and seeing as it comes from the author of "Indigo", one of my other favorite humor fics (for someone who doesn't read humor usually), I know this is something I have to follow..

(really, the only thing that slightly didn't add up for me here is that, if japanese don't like foreigners, I assume the contest judges would be included in that, so having Azusa be one would be an actual disadvantage instead of sympathetic gimmick?) Cheers!

-Ailes
ronelm2000 chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Another great idea to start off with. D
orangefispop chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
AHAHA that was so funny! I can't wait to see how they will strive to win XD "God told a joke." "I think we're the punchline." AHAHAHA pure awesomeness. Keep up the good work!
deathkid1313 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Funny story! I love Death Metal Sawako!

Update soon
The Guitar Person chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
First chapter and I'm already hooked ;) Not surprising since you also wrote my favorite K-On story (Tangled Up In Indigo). The dialogue was hilarious with Yui's "I can SEE GOD!" bit taking the cake. Well, not actually that quote but what came after - "Thanks for Ui and Gitah!" XD

As for the plot, I'm stoked to see what lengths they're going to go to to win the competition. I always thought what K-On needed was conflict of some sort; something, ANYTHING, at stake would've made me watch it past the first season.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Saphira Veera chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Haha! All this humor is taking my stress away! More please!
2502701 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010