Reviews for Forsaking Fairytales
gabbiodista chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
This is really beautiful. I'm so glad I found it!
Sandiane Carter chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Very interesting, very accurate take on Kate's character. It was beautiful and moving, and I really liked it. I thought the reasons you developed for her taste for Castle's books made lots of sense, and the parallel with the fairy tale is just brilliant.

I don't know how I missed this when you posted it, but I'm glad I found it now !
tridecalogisms chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
'Because that meant there was still a chance her story would get that happy ending.'

i love what you've done here, absolutely brilliant writing!
corlando chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Nicely done. I like how you recalled Castle reading Beckett in the pilot, much like a "psychic" would do, through close observation and conjecture. Very poignant how Vera was able to open old wounds with a few well placed words and send Beckett spiraling down the rabbit hole again. That coupled with the general cynicism of being a cop would definitely solidify her disbelief with psychics. Very well thought out.
Overpressure chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Very interesting and well written! I believe Beckett will get her fairytale.
Toto chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Nicely done.
TracyT chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Oh, this was wonderful! Very compelling and true to the characters! I especially loved how Castle's novels were described. Brilliant!
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Oh, thank you for turning your Mrs Vera into Kristina Frye and for mentioning Alice's "three impossible things before breakfast." because I think that would HAVE to go in there. I actually see a lot of Alice in Wonderland In Kate, and Castle would definitely have to be the Hatter. And I think he'd love to play that part.

Love this!
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
You nailed Kate. Great job.

One thing, though: Rick said his name was originally Richard Alexander Rodgers (or Rogers)... Martha's last name. Just sayin'.
Beckett NYPD chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I liked how you brought in Kate's mother's murder, and then later the psychic got arrested for fraud. And then bringing in how Rick was and she was still wishing for a happy ending. Nicely thought out story.