Reviews for Everything Goes Up In Smoke
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I hope you continue this. Your characterization of the two is very true from what I remember of the books. The setup is good; the books didn't deal with Shiara adjusting to life with Kazul and that world, even if there was some with Cimorene. The princesses here seem to have the same attitude as what Cimorene experienced but it would be worse for Shiara because she wasn't a "real" princess in their view.

One question: at the end of the last book I thought they hadn't solved the problem of Shiara using her powers without first being genuinely sorry or polite. Here it seems that she can use or at least have some outlets of her powers without limitation, it is hard to believe that she had that much apologizing in the bank for it too happen so many times in this short period.

Another comment: It's completely in character for Daystar to always be polite because of his upbringing but eventually becomes annoying in situations when he should stand up for himself, actually effects his relationship with Shiara and others by always indicating his disapproval; makes him seem weak to other people and at times could make him seem insincere. Cimorene, Morwen, etc. are strong characters and in general are polite but not always-even if they aren't rude-and that doesn't hurt them.

With regards to the negative comments by the other princesses towards Shiara, you sometimes just have to tolerate them to make the fabric of social connections work or just not to make it worse for yourself. Other times you have to defend yourself. Where that equilibrium is changes constantly. It would be interesting to see if you could address some of these issues; it probably shouldn't be a deep analysis, just a surface level mention that is in the tradition of the book.
SavvyEnigma chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Hurry and find a villian!
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Unfinished? Personally, I like it as a one shot, though I could see it evolving too. Nicely done. I feel like you had Daystar entirely in-character. I particularly loved the line-

When my Mother tells you to do something, you do it.

Because it's not just anyone's mother, it's Cimorene. If Cimorene tells you to jump, you jump, or she might bodily pick you up to show you what that jump should have looked like.

Anyway, fantastic.
Eavis chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Always good to have more Enchanted Forest! And we don't need fluff right away. No worries. :)

God be with you,