Reviews for A New Day
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
This was a good, well-written story.

You did well keeping Frodo and Sam in-character. I was blown away by how much detail there was, as - another reader pointed out - if I were reading it from the original books.

Well done. Mind if I put this story in my community, 'A Hobbit's Comeback'?

Aria Breuer
Miluiel chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This was a joy to read! Thank you for keeping it slash free! Keep writing!
Bushwah chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I'm glad Sam was there too. Frodo wouldn't have stood a chance without Sam.
G chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
-This was a beautiful elaboration of the storyline!
-Good job conveying Frodo's thoughts, Sam's loyalty and consistent belief in Frodo, and the importance of having Hope.
Socrates399 chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
I really like this story. I think it is well-written. Thank you.
rabbit chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Nice blend of book and film! Very well done.
born to be hanged chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
OH. MY. GOD. I honestly don't usually read stories about Sam and Frodo, because they usually end up relating parts of the story to slash, which I absolutely hate, but I'm SO SO SO glad I decided to read this one. You're a DAMN good writer!
Did I say you were a good writer? You're an excellent writer! My GOD, this made me feel like I was reading something from a published book! This sounded like something an award-winning author would write! Honestly, I hope you plan to write more Lord of the Rings fiction, because this one was totally phenomenal!
I loved how you put in the lyrics of the song. It was woven throughout the story very nicely. It just fits so well with your story.
This is most DEFINITELY going on my favorites list. Man, this is awesome, I could kiss you! *restrains herself*
*Meltintalle
born to be hanged
Lylie London chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
dont like the song... but the fic is awesome!
Eladriewen not signed in chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
This is unbelievably amazing!
M M Forever chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
AW! *tears* THAT WAS SO SAD... You did a VERY good portrayal, although there was some stuff that didn't happen in there. But it spiced up the story, and only people majorly obsessed with it would know (Meaning me...). Good Job!
Balizabeth chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Oh, wow, T.H...

I was so excited to see this. I don't think I will ever attempt to write a Lord of the Rings fic in my life, I hold the books in such high regard, that I would never be able to do them justice by my writing. Thank goodness you don't feel like that, because what you just wrote was beautiful. It made my heart ache, just like the books do.

Perfect song choice for this story- it shows that under everything, there is always hope, however faint it is. That probably is the best lesson to be learned from Lord of the Rings- and you captured it wonderfully! (In case you can not tell, I am re-reading this while I review, so I won't miss anything)

*Instead of the boulder taller than his whole body put together, there stood Legolas, his fair face smiling and encouraging, reaching out his hand to him. He placed his hand against the outstretched one and it turned back into the hard unfeeling rock.*

Wow...great image, how Frodo imagined the rocks to be members of the Fellowship. It shows how Frodo somehow managed to keep going, when all hope *seemed* to be lost.

*shudder*...what an allusion of Frodo to Gollum, with the two arguing voices one good, one evil. I *know* this was going through Frodo's mind during his whole journey, leading to the inevitable claiming of the ring. Excellent, I love how you pointed out that Frodo felt weak after his talk with Galadriel...oh, Sam. Good old Sam. I just love him. He was always there, helping Frodo, supporting him...and you have captured *that* perfectly, too! Geez, girl, you are on a roll!

Oh, no. The voices...they must have plagued him the whole time. Everything the "evil" voice says is very convincing. Great job!

And there's Sam, always hopeful and faithful, even at the end. You did wonders by him. Great again for mentioning Frodo's guilt at finally claiming the Ring- and Sam still not caring. Oh, wow. Incredible.

You have done it, T.H. You made me cry. I have never before cried over a fanfic before. You are the first! This was just so beautiful...I can not put into words how moving it was. As I said before, it leaves me feeling the same way the books do. No higher praise, muse, there is no higher praise.

Speaking of crying...*Balizabeth puts on puppydog eyes full force* have you abandoned my story? Oh, I miss your reviews! Help me, please! I feel so lost without you! *sniff sniff* Have I made you feel guilty yet? I hope I hear from you soon!

Love always,

Balizabeth
leaf1 chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
awwww...i'm about to cry...have you seen the lord of the rings: twin towers? i haven't yet,b ut my friends are fanatics and said the movie was awesome (but then again, they do have a thing for orlando bloom...but then again, so do i) keep up the good work and update your other stories!
SilverElf chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
wow...

...

...

i don't even know what to say...

i'm totally speechless. this was wonderful, and i'm so excited that someone finally decided to write a frodo/sam non-slash fic. Your sense of description is absolutely amazing. i also liked how you tied in the Celine Dion song...i love that song, and it works perfectly with this fic. the "internal fight" you described within frodo is exactly how i have always pictured it...its so nice to see it finally put into words. a critique perhaps? well, i don't think there IS anything to critcize...but i if have to pick something...it would probably be your use of conjunctions. its the only un-tolkien-ish thing in your fic. but really, i mean, wow, i mean...forget it. words can't describe how much i liked this. its going on my favorites list.
Ailsa89 chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
I'm never any good at writing reviews after reading masterpieces because I'm so choked up. Just to say that I love this story. It sums up so much about what friendship should be. Thank you a hundred times for making it come alive again for me. You brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips. It is true beauty.

A.J
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
(Cries a bit.) My heart weeps more readily than mine eyes do at this moment... (sniff) Oh, how do I say this without going absolutely insane? Oh, geez...

Okay, here goes. You, my friend, have an amazing talent. In all the fanfics I've read, yours is the best. You have this amazing gift... You have a positively fantastic imagination. I would've never been able to delve as deeply into this topic as you have. You have impressed the heck out of me. That has never happened really before. . .

One word really stuck out in my mind as I read this - brilliant. Sheer brilliance. The song fit perfectly, the title was great, the description, the dialogue..! (Okay, it was a bit difficult at times to distinguish who was talking, but it really doesn't matter.) Oh...my...gosh...

My friend, you deserve to be on my Favorite Authors list.

(Okay, I'm sorry for killing this moment, but I thought it was so weird how your sig name is the nickname some people call me - TH. o_O ALSO, you love Frodo and Sam as I do. Not to mention that as far as how many fanfics we have posted, you have thirty-seven and I have thirty-nine... Very creepy, if you ask me.)

Oh gosh, you had BETTER keep it up. Otherwise I'll round up all your other fans together and we'll pelt kleenex boxes at you. p So there.