Reviews for This Girl
Rotary Dial Writer chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Lovely! Fabulous! I've only seen two or three "F-Troop"s (they show four days of the week on the reruns channel I frequent and they began just this week) but nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. So very in character, and the perfect subject matter. What can I say?
Joyce LaKee chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
What can I say? The story was compelling. The characters were in-character. Your writing style is solid. My biggest complaint is that it's over *sigh*
Happy writing
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I stumbled across the F-Troop category on this site quite by accident (I didn’t even know one existed) and immediately had to start reading. :-) It’s been a long time since I last saw an episode, but the show has always stuck with me. This is an excellent character study of Captain Wilton Parmenter. You captured his feelings for Jane – and the reasons for his behavior around her – incredibly well. She was a whirlwind who blew into his life and never let go. :-)

My favorite scene would definitely be where Wilton and Jane get rained on at the picnic. It’s so perfectly them. Jane’s reaction to getting wet was wonderful: “The Good Lord made folk waterproof for just such an occasion!”

While that may be my favorite scene, this is my favorite line: “she was his girl and any man with one eye open should be able to see that.”

This was a very sweet, very charming and very enjoyable story. I hope you have future F-Troop stories planned. :-) Any chance you might write for Chief Wild Eagle and Crazy Cat? I adore them. :-) Thank you for sharing this!
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Thank you for the story. It's short. But in it you've captured the essences of both characters well. I've been a fan of F-Troop since it's first run in the mid 1960's. And it's good to find such touches and rememberences of it here.
LouiseGM2002 chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
What a lovely little story! I'm active in a different fandom under a different netname, and I was scrolling through the index to see what caught my eye when I came across this. I couldn't believe it when I spotted an F Troop story. This show was one of my first loves (from more years ago than I want to acknowledge), and your story made me remember my favorite thing about it - the relationship between Wilton and Jane. I think that you captured exactly what Wilton would have been thinking and feeling when he met Jane, and I love how you kept him in character yet explained some of the little personality quirks that while endearing, tended to make him somewhat of a cartoon character at times. This story was about a real man meeting a real woman, and I loved that about it. Great job.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Nice little story. I used to watch this show as a kid, but I've not seen in decades. My favorite characters were the sergeant and corporal.
The Writer's Muse chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
Great story Monker. I was so surprised to even see F-Troop in the list! I love this show and love the characters of Captain Parmenter and Wrangler Jane. I have both seasons on DVD. Thank you for this great treat. I do hope that you write more.
American-Celt chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Wonderful story, monker! I think you did a fantastic job in capturing their characters. You put into words exactly how (I believe) he felt about her on the show, and even explained why he was so shy about her open displays of love in front of other people.

My mom bought the first season for my dad two Christmases ago, and that is when I started watching it. I wasn't overly thrilled with the show at first. I mean, knocking the watch tower over was only funny so many times. lol. I did fall in love with the show probably the second time around that I saw it, and when my dad bought the second season, I was probably more eager to watch it than he was.

Again, a great story! I was surprised to even see a category on here for F-Troop. Wild Eagle is my favorite character on the show. If you did a story around him, I sure would love to read it. -)
Dash O'Pepper chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
I was so surprised to find that this site finally had an F Troop category.

Your story was charming, and wonderfully captured Wilton's feelings about his relationship with Jane. You definitely captured the Captain's voice in your writing.

I look forward to reading more of your F Troop fic.

BTW, there's actually a somewhat active F Troop fandom on Yahoo! groups. And if you're interested, I've written an F Troop fic - like you, believing that the series has a lot to offer - it can be found here: . #cutid1
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
I loved your Carter & Felix story and got curious about your other fiction so here I am. What a treat to find an F Troop fanfiction! I love the series and the Captain was always my favorite.

This story was very sweet..well written, true to character, and nicely told. All in all a great job and a wonderful first story for the catagory.:)

Also kudos for writing for a more obscure fandom!