Reviews for At the Beginning
name chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
Omg are you going to update? It's a pretty awesome story
Rekishichizu chapter 9 . 9/26/2011
Wow, lots of stuff happened in this chapter. _

I am very happy to have stumbled upon this story 'cause it's very well done. Hope you're still planning on continuing it!

- Reki
Leather and Stripes chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
It just occurred to me that I haven't reviewed yet...fail.

I love this story. I picked it up a few months ago and its really fantastic. I love the character development and interactions and just UGH SO GOOD. Really wish I could actually formulate a proper sentence, but you have left me without words (that make sense, anyway).

Personally, I'm the last person who should be asking you to update soon (because I haven't in about 8 months, and life happens at points that just make everything inconvenient), but you have something amazing here, and I'd love to see it continue. Thank you for writing this. :D
missreno2012 chapter 9 . 5/31/2011
YAY! Please update soon!
Anime Freak Sammy chapter 9 . 3/27/2011
I have to say that I absolutely love how you portray everyone. I haven't gotten past the beginning of the future arc in he manga and I passed the ankle only inheritance arc with he first generation but this has definatly made me excited for when I finally get farther in the manga!
ZirciX chapter 9 . 2/15/2011
YAY! I was wondereing where you'd been. This is one of the most well-written fanfics I've ever read! I like the way you're characterizing Giotto and the rest of his Family. And Alaude... well, what can I say other than 'like father, like son', except it's 'like Alaude, like Hibari' in this case XD
Shiary chapter 9 . 2/15/2011
Nice chapter! Please update soon!
Reidluver chapter 9 . 2/14/2011
Yay, yay, yay for update! :D I just love this story! Well, not much else that I can say than what I've already told you at LJ, but that I'm really excited to see how things all play out with Alaude and getting the rings. Would he be willing to hand them over to the Vatican? I also love how this is playing right along with the canon! You are a genius for having it be able to fit so well!
sylphiawings chapter 8 . 1/28/2011
oh wow! I found this fanfic a little while ago, but I have just finished reading until the latest chapter now. this is truly a good fic, I enjoyed reading it.

at first I found the difference in their ages appalling (save for Lampo and Ugetsu) but I've come to accept it over the course of the next chapters. this is the first KHR fic I've truly enjoyed. keep up the good work!
Esquiline chapter 8 . 12/30/2010
PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE YOU MORE REVIEWS

So, first of all, please please please stick to whatever pace you have for yourself - no need to rush yourself or get pressured into whatnot. That being said, this story is coming out so well, I can't wait to see what you have in store (hypocrite much eh ;P).

Also, I think someone already said that it was so canon? Well I concur! It sounds like you're working hard to make it ACTUALLY make it all fit in with all the new things being released. But I'd say, "If it works, it WORKS". No shame in having an equally enthralling story that isn't in line with canon! I love how you're giving them a semblance of their tenth generation counterparts, but making them have so much more all at the same time.

Being vague as it is, just keep doing what you've been doing, and can't wait for more!
NovemberLaplace chapter 6 . 12/26/2010
GOD! the "nakkuru"(knuckle) part was so damn funny!
anonymousbutstillawesome chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Well, though I'm anonymous, I'd like to say HOW COME THIS STORY ONLY HAS 20 SOMETHING REVIEWS? o_O! I've just finished reading the latest chapter, and I think you've done a great job with the characters and the plot , I can see this happening in the flashbacks in the manga. I've never been the best writer, to teel you the truth, but I know a good story when I see one I shall continue following this story although I'm anonymous. OvO Continue the good work! w
mundaneepitome chapter 8 . 12/9/2010
At the moment, I can't even get my password, but I don't care. I need to review this *NOW*, so burning mad I am going to rip out my hair or something. Because this is BRILLIANT. Why does it only have twenty reviews?

I apologize, though: like every story I read with a summary, I go to the latest chapter first. Still. I am *not* disappointed, and I'm definitely going to go back and read from the beginning once I have time.

First off-I love how you write. I myself have a writing style that mostly is introspective, so other styles appeal to me a lot, most specifically third person omniscient, because I can't ever do something like that. Secondly, how you write is so CANON. I can believe it happened, and from what I saw in your Author's Note in the first chapter, you really believe in putting effort in keeping this story as canon as you can. Only dedication can make that happen, and for that, I am in awe - I wouldn't have had the patience myself.

I love your characterizations. Nothing screams at me that says the character wouldn't do this or that, the actual driving points for their interactions and how they speak flow so well, and CULTURE and just EVERYTHING about how you write is so brilliant.

It doesn't seem like you're putting everything together at a whim - there's a plan, and I just love the inclusion of Ugetsu's (one other thing I love that you've done is use "Ugetsu" instead of "Asari", just my personal appeal) culture, and about how the rest of the three dealt with that possibility of suicide.

I don't know, it's just...amazing. I also like the fact that you go about putting them in realistic situations - nothing over the top, nothing too close and personal in-your-face. Dialogue? I love it. I don't know. I just.

There's a lot I'd like to say about this story. It deserves SO MUCH LOVE. But I'm not really good at expressing everything in a clear, straightforward manner, and I'm really roundabout, but I want to say thank you so much. You're so inspiring.
janrockiss chapter 8 . 12/8/2010
Awwww G gave Ugetsu a new flute. How sweet :D And i like that you gave G his tattoos in this chapter. I just assumed that he had them all the time. So i guess that was kind of new for me (:

I guess suicide may be a taboo topic for some people and to be honest, i was like, "WHATTT? SUICIDE? WHO?" And i guess it makes sense that it would be Ugetsu that tries it cause that's how people in his culture "regain" their honour. Not that i'm saying that Japanese culture is weird. And he seemed a little off in the last chapter.

Anyways great chapter and i'll look forward to your next one! :DD
Reidluver chapter 8 . 12/7/2010
HURRAY! Gotta say I woke up this morning, ready to read the new chapters. XD And it was very well done. I have to say first that I do like how you made sure to warn others about the attempted suicide. While I personally have no experience in the matter or those I hold dear who have done so, it's still a nice gesture to those who could be put off by it. This was a rather emotional chapter but it was a good way to show the differences between the different cultures. I've got to say the tears from G were really powerful, but that's good because they had to be alarming to Ugetsu. I find it sweet how G gave him a little flute. So great! I eagerly await your next installment and am pleased that things are still going in your favor. I'm excited to see what the other interlude is. :)