Reviews for Semper Victoria
Brenden chapter 49 . 10/5
And so it ends, or so I thought, my friend informed me you are working on a sequel of the sequel, I couldn't of asked for more! So final thoughts. The expansion of the worlds, creatures and technology was highly enticing and addictive. The characters had proper development and were drawn out and very likeable (well except for one blond woman ha) the drama was not stereotypical and shocked me often, the battles were horrendous (in a good way) and detailed and the story was extremely satisfying and leaves more room to expand (I appreciate that humorous ending), a fantastic job all in all, ecstatic to read more.
- Jesse
Wow... Just wow. When you promise a battle you certainly deliver. The anticipation, the complexity, the down right brutality. I was completely absorbed into that arc, so much so that I was quite saddened by the losses, especially one man who will not be named, who died epically in his "demon". At the end I just wanted the carnage to be over, as seeing all this death that might of been avoided (with consideration of the film) just dealing a heavy blow. Again well done and damn you for getting me a little emotional (more then a little). Let's hope this is the last battle, your fan.
- Jesse
My anticipation and curiosity has become maddening. What will happen? Will humanity survive? You sure do know how to build suspense. What surprised me was how vital team avatar is to the survival of the tribes, although I saw their role as important, I imagined the team to be used as a way to explore the harshness of the planet and it's inhabitants, instead you've given that (and then some) while making them dire to the plot. I doubt you will actually read my comments being one of many, but the thought remains, you've done a very good job at creating a non-bias alien war story. With regards.
- Jesse
What madness is this? You somehow got me to sympathise with Selfridge, it's as if somehow you are able to write characters with more than one emotion and actually deliver character development, but put aside the sarcasm and really your work is quite commendable. Another 10 chapters in and I am somehow more entwined then I was before, and what makes me enjoy this story even more is I'm able to see these characters acting as any human being would given the circumstances, and not for the sake of the plot. At no point am I discrediting your characters by saying that you are merely expanding their personalities from the original source material, well you are to an extent, but what I mean is you are making them into your own, through believable events and circumstances. Forgive my ramblings, it seems you've gotten a new dedicated reader.
- Jesse
10 chapters in and I'm completely hooked, what you've done by expanding on the story and universe of this franchise without giving any of the species a stereotypical "Cowboys and Indians" relationship, that admittedly the original film suffered from, has been quite thought provoking and makes me appreciate this non-bias view point, looking forward to see what happens next, keep up the good work.
ghostkeeper chapter 49 . 8/25
This is the third time I have read your fic, I think I read it first back in 2011 and I have to say it is still excellent.
Lord Wark chapter 32 . 6/18
Oh there is the time stamp again never mind.
Lord Wark chapter 30 . 6/18
Why did you remove the Time stamp that was rather usefull and why can't John plug into Eywa and talk with Her.
Taron Yian chapter 9 . 6/14
Nice story, it's just hard to believe that it should be such problem for humans to survive on Pandora once they are here with all equipment. Surely it is difficult to maintain, but they had years to figure it out.
Even if they give up all the tech, Na'vi could at least give them some "kosher" weapons. And the trees - the "hammer rhinos" commonly and deliberately smash healthy trees in the movie. If you need to drive humans into hard position, some disaster could happen, like attack of some radical Na'vi clan, explosion or something.
I enjoy the reading but The Road to Hell is the first chapter I have the feelings of inconsistency: "Um, sorry. Do you want some service from Moat? Anyway, no copter, no crossbow, die in despair!"
envy34 chapter 21 . 6/8
I like the stars thing, it is a nice analogy for the stagnation of the pandoran world and the na'vi,s way of life.
retardedwabbit chapter 49 . 12/28/2014
Great job! The dialogue was great, the expanded personalities of the characters, and the battles especially!
ShadowElemental chapter 8 . 12/11/2014
-That's- why I like Parker Selfridge so much - he's almost like Gore Burnelli.
The Congressman chapter 49 . 10/12/2014
Excellent work! Loved the ending ;)
The Congressman chapter 39 . 10/12/2014
That was badass! Banzai charge actually works? Take that blue monkeys!