Reviews for Freedom Triumphs
AnElusiveDreamer chapter 1 . 4/12
Wow, this is really powerful. It adds a lot to the characters, too. Go Leah!
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Team Leah, forever and always.

There can never be enough respect for one of the only respectable female characters Meyer ever wrote, even after she did her best to turn her into a bitter, jealous harpy.
k chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
thats quite... powerful
The Animanga Girl chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Found this on the rec section of tvtropes
I wasn't disappointed.
This was GREAT!
Anon chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I have one negative note I'd like to add before I give you something positive. Leah mourned the loss of her fertility, in the most realistic way. She wouldn't speak so disdainfully about Motherhood, or the lifestyle choices of a classically feminine woman. In some ways she came off sounding very much like a classmate of Elle Woods, post sorority days. I think some of these opinions are your own, spoken through the character. It doesn't bode well when you use the only character who can be seen through a feminist lens in this series, to express your internalized misogyny. There is nothing inherently lesser about being a Mother. Now, on to the positive. This was heartbreaking, it made me feel terrible for both the women involved! I actually cried, real live tears. This story is so good it's got it's own recommendation from the lovely folks a TvTropes! If you didn't know, you should be able to find it under 'General Fics' in Fanfic Recs: Twilight. Keep up the good work.
Aria Styles chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Is it bad that this doesn't make me feel bad for emily? Only pity. Not that I've ever felt anything but pity for her. I was cheering Leah the whole time. TEAM LEAH! WOO!
Bushwah chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Team Emily/Leah, reporting for duty. It seems we have run into an enemy ship...
KawaiPanda chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
I really like this! Really realistic.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
God I loved this. You fleshed out Leah and Emily so,well, giving them some back story and effortlessly showing how close they used to be. I also love how you showed that imprinting is actually a very sad and damning thing. Neither party has a damn choice and it's sad that some think this "slavery" known as imprinting is love.
Sunshine-Midnight123 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Leah was AWESOME letting Emily know the truth of it all.
Sian Blue chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
I've always loved Leah because I wish there were more people like her-blunt and honest, Was it mean to say this to Emily? Absolutely. Was it necessary? Debatable. It all depends on the person-Emily was her beloved cousin whom she admired and to see her fall so low and morph into a baby making drone for the rest of her life is a very sad thing.

You could say that she's a vindictive bitch or that her little speech was just a way for her to take a cheap punch at a woman who already bares the fruit of her betrayal on her face but (though it would hurt terribly) I'd want someone to say this to me. Even as Emily points out, Leah's words won't change what's already set in stone, but i'd want someone to just, for once, blow the sprinkles off the colossal mess of a relationship Emily and Sam share and tell it like it is just so I could hear someone say it out loud once.

No one is EVER going to tell the girl with the scared up face who bakes them cookies that her life is basically already written up and tucked away and there is nothing either she nor Sam can do about it...except the girl whose man she play's Barbie's Dream House with. I say this because one reviewer wanted to know why Leah would trounce over there just to grind salt into Emily's wounds-because she's the only one who can without coming off as an absolute monster.

Wonderful Story!
BackgroundRobot-11 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
God, I love Leah. I swear, of all the bad things that came with Twilight, Leah is its one redeeming feature.
The characterisation is really well done, I think you did a great job. Leah and Emily seem in character and their dialogue is good.
Well done on pointing out how very messed up imprinting is. "I can fall in love again, the normal way." you have no idea how much I love that line. Whenever I see a twilight fan say the Leah should imprint on someone, I can't help but think "Why should she? Why can't she fall in love the normal way? Hell, she'd probably hate being forced to love someone."
I do have one very small negative point though. I'm not sure the Jacob or Quil could get Leah to smile. I mean, Leah and Jacob hate each other (or rather, Jacob hates Leah, because how dare she try to help him realise that Bella not liking him is not the end of the world?) and Quil is...well, a pedophile and a child groomer and Claire is Leah's niece.
Other than that though, brilliant fic.
Kereea chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
LOVE
frog-ribbit chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Please keep writing some moar. I love these stories
Maimy-Jo chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Emily is the heartless bitch? more like Leah is the vindictive bitch, how predictable...Well written but I don't think you did Leah any justice in this o/s

Will no one dare right a story with Leah as a woman of real substance?