Reviews for Treasure Hunt
KatieBeth503 chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
um, yes, this scene was missing, painfully so, and I appreciate you writing it. I didn't notice until I rewatched the ep today that after she claimed the phone call was a ruse, she was fighting back tears as she walked away. And I felt like this should've been dealt with more, that she was in love with her old partner. From what I understand they dealt with it more in the LA episode, but it still seems like it should come up more that she was once in love with her partner and he betrayed her. Like even this early in their relationship, Castle knew her well enough to know she was lying about the phone call. That she was hurt. And he would want to comfort her... even - no, especially, in his 'distract by annoying' sort of way. Thus the treasure hunt. Maybe he was just making wild guesses about the treasure in an effort to get her out, doing something besides hurting. Like it wouldn't have mattered if they hadn't even found it at all. That's not why he did it. Anyways it's late (or early as the case may be) and I'm rambling, but, yeah, I agree that this scene was missing and I'm glad you wrote it. You're a very talented writer, I see you stuff rec'd here and on tumblr all the time, looking forward to reading more!
Ctf20 chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Loved this! I also was a tad disappointed we missed the sweaty hug! :)
CastleLover28 chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
If only this was aired in the actual episode *sigh* Really good job though :)
JayJayNicolaB chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Nice...I would've loved to see this scene.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I'm baaaaack. Are you making me new certificates?

"It's a graveyard, Beckett! There's gonna be shovels everywhere. That's what people do at graveyards – they dig!" - LOL so Castle. I love your Castle voice.

"You know, Beckett," he said as they headed out toward Gunn's grave and she started looking a little too thoughtful, "you, me, a crisp fall evening, a graveyard, no dead bodies, the potential to find millions and millions of dollars – some might call this the perfect date." - Perfect dialogue is perfect.

Beckett smiled and shook her head. "I'm glad you're not an art collector. I think you'd be getting scammed constantly."

"Only for pictures of you, Beckett," he replied, trying to keep his tone light. - BRB crying over your perfection.

"I was not made for a life of manual labor, Beckett - I'd like to get him to do some manual labor. On me.

weirdly enough, his left elbow wouldn't stop throbbing. - Story time. Buckle up. It's long. I was at a friend's house one night and we were lounging on the couch, killing time before we went out when I was randomly like OH SHIT ARE MY ARMPITS SHAVED? So I was half out of my short, running toward the bathroom on wood floors and slid into a giant vase and to break my fall I slammed down on my elbows. Hard. My friend couldn't stop laughing, I'm simultaneously laughing and crying and to this day (and this was about five years ago) I still get throbbing pains in my elbow. You don't care. But that reminded me of this.

"Well take a little break, Castle. God forbid you get a callus on your silky-smooth writer's hands." - Mmmm I bet silky smooth on the bodyyyy.

Not even murdering Royce in his sleep - Don't worry, Castle. Someone else will murder him soon.

shuffled forward until her knees were brushing his and wrapped her arms around his waist - OMG around his waist? That's so adorable!
actuallyido chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Your stories are addictive. I'm supposed to be studying for my finals. So before i put my phone far, far away where i can't find it for a few hours, i must leave u a review, because every one of your fics deserves it, and i can't do them justice, because i'm not good with words. Great piece again, thank you for filling the missing gap. I remember screaming at the screen when i realised that we didn't get to see the sweaty hug.
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Yes, it sure WOULD have been nice if they gave us this scene. It's perfectly rated for prime time, too.
Teacher30 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I've spent the last few hours reading all of your fix and my question is this...why aren't YOU writing for Castle? I'm new to this and some of it is so poorly written that it's unreadable, and your writing is magnificent. Truly. I loved Slizzard- was lmao. It's so New York... I could picture every minute in that club! Your dialogue is so authentic... True to our beloved Castle and Beckett. I'm in awe. Write more, write more! And a question... Are u a writer?
Teacher30 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
emletish chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
super wonderful and so in character! I've only recently seen under the gun and I wanted to see the sweaty hug so bad! why do you tease me show? mentioning things like this and then never showing them! but this fic is just perfect and it fits the tone of teh episode and teh characters so well! It's funny and sweet and a little bit sad! fabulous points for you!
Kindcaidlyn chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Love the balance of humor and seriousness. Perfect missing scene.
caskettlover chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
so cuteeee! loved it !
hopelessromantic0707 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Perfection.
WriteChristineR chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Cuteness! Stupid writers. Why didn't they give us this scene? Oh well, that's what fanfic is for. :) That hug was totally worth the $15 million for Castle.

By the way, in case you were curious, it's your friendly neighborhood review-stalker formerly known as Lorelai90 again. (Changed my penname, clearly.) And unfortunately I have now read all of your stories, so you should really post some more. :) Heehe. Sad that it takes so much longer to write than to read...
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
You hit it out of the ballpark with this one, I have to say! Thanks so much for sharing it; it was really fun to read. You know Kate would really have a hard time breaking down and letting anyone see how much Royce's betrayal had to have hurt. I thought you handled it well and kept her pretty much in character for this though.

My favorite lines of the whole thing were the entire last two paragraphs. They were just about perfect! Wow :)