Reviews for Shock Value
Tegan chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Kayleigh, I love this! You know Gillian's character SO well (WHICH MAKES SENSE BECAUSE SHE IS YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL) and you did such a great job of portraying the psychologist, too.

iThey paint the walls beige. Have beige furniture. No harsh lighting or colours. Nothing to make the crazy people more crazy./i I love this line. This, along with the line about the chair feeling almost too comfortable, really helped enhance the setting and the mood and showing what a psychologist's office is like- trying to balance the uncomfortable scariness that comes with trying to share things that are painful/difficult to deal with, with the psychologist's attempt to create a comfortable, calming atmosphere so that it won't be so hard for patients to open up.

And the ending. GAHHH. I just want to hug her. D:
IndelibleInk14 chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Loaded little fanfic!

And yes Gill would've been totally justified on going completely ape-shit on Cal!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Oh how did she die? Interesting fic got me drawn to it in first chapter . Can't wait for more. I heard a lot of fans hate cal for his behaviour in first if season three I can't wait to finally see it on 20 th oct in uk. Keeps us Brits up to date and keep writing please thanks.:)
MidnightOfTheSoul chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Alright. I had to reread this a couple times. The first time was because I had no idea what was going on. At first I thought it was btn Cal and Foster, then I realized that it was her with a shrink. More my own idiocy than anything.

2. So... why did Foster become a shrink? To understand why people do things? I can buy that. Especially if her mom drank. As of right now, we know nothing of her mom, so it can work.

3. The quick change into her family? For someone like Foster, I'm not sure she'd have opened up so quickly, though you did well with not elaborating on the mom - drinking part. Keeping it simple and angst-free.

4. I like how you only teased about the sister. Just enough. Perfection.

Soooo. For a "long-fic" I like what you did here. I would love for you to do more. Seriously.
Rosajean chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
At first I didn't get that she was in a therapy session and had to reread it, but then I absolutely LOVED it! This was very well done and very intriguing! I could definitely see it being made into a multi-chapter story if she were to go back or if Cal were to start prying about how it went, etc. Anyways, really good job!

As for Cal - at the end of the premiere I just totally wanted to slug him! He was being such an ass! And she didn't deserve being treated like that, and he needs to stop treating her like she's an employee and treat her like she's his partner! Ugh! But when all is said and done, I love both those characters oh-so-much!
MissElle20 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Awesome story..really good, but I want to know what happens nxt!

and with the latest ep...i wanted to jump through the screen and slap him one...i guess he doesn't like feeling controlled, but really, he would end the relationship? yeah right!
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
"interesting" is what i would call this lil fic, i like Gillian being the patient, i like the ending, kept me wanting more. if u wanna keep ot as a 1 shot, then thats fine, of course, but i think it has much more potential as a multi-chapter story. i think that bringing Cal more into this whole story would really add a edge to it, that is just not there now. or maybe is just me, im not so crazy about reading on Gillian's interactions with other characters, just Lightman, maybe Emily. I guess that im such a callian that i have a hard time being partial at this.

on the poll thing: i wanted to kill Cal several times during the episode("dont remember hiring u"- "-MY finances- WTF?)", BUT the ending just cracked me (group hug?) lol!, it really made me laugh...
corruptone chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
The ending was amazing, seriously well done on that!

Gillian is such a complicated character and we all know there's something more to her...

And the part about why she wanted to become a psychologist, very very true. There's always a deep personal motivation...
DNAisUnique chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
The "inside sources" definitely approve. Without a doubt.

Angsty and real. Very true.

I've spent time on both sides of therapy, and you've pegged the qualities exactly, calm voice and all...right down to the dull furniture and wall color.

It's true, you never get over losing someone you love. But I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a younger sister. /3

And again, I love the abrupt (in a good way) ending. The mystery of not knowing makes this A.

Co1dsteel chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Two words: Loved it!

Can't wait to see more from you!

Oh, and about that voting thing:

*Raises hand* I wanted to cry for Gillian AND punch Cal in the face. :)