Reviews for Waking Nightmare
ChuckBlair08lover chapter 12 . 7/24
This was so heart wrenching, it literally left me crying though the whole story almost. That's how angsty it was!

I was so happy to see the ending like that. Still cried, but my tears became happy tears. Thank you truly from my bottom of my heart for writing such a wonderful story!

I really needed this read, it was just amazing!
Little-Library chapter 12 . 12/18/2014
You have a French fan :)
paradises chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
this has to be one of the best fanfics that i've ever read on ffn b/c it's just so beautiful and i feel the emotion and you've portrayed the characters in this way that i can't even begin to explain and i'm just so speechless argh and it's too beautiful
paradises chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
great so far!
i hate how chuck is acting AND HE NEEDS TO HAVE A HEART argh this is tortuous
but your writing is so beautiful, (: and heartbreaking argh
/goes off to cry some more/
paradises chapter 12 . 10/28/2013
just saying, this is so much better than the actual show, (:
this should have happened as heartbreaking as it is rather than dair and this and then louis and the baby and argh asdfgjkl idk anymore
this is a flawless masterpiece, btw, :)
love it!
xx clara
jessyang0530 chapter 12 . 1/9/2013
I have loved this story up until this point. Although, the ending was (unfortunatly) VERY disappointing. A promise ring to forgive him? Yeah. How unselfish. -.- I wanted something that would of brought tears to my eyes with how much he loved her and this just didn't cut it. All I was left with was hating Chuck more. Sorry.
leightedandnian chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
i loved this fic
lovetvtoomuchxo chapter 12 . 4/21/2011

just read your story and it was great...

it was angst but good it had it all not to tough but no fluffy to much and l loved it how blair didnt want to partipate in the war.. it was a one sided war... the only thing l didnt like was when eva came back that chuck would of taken her back,,, l know it had to be done for the story...

ohh how lovely to see chuck working for blair in the end...

great story and keep them coming...
thinkinfire chapter 12 . 2/8/2011
i really really love this story! this should have totally happened instead of all the bullshit dished out in the show. you should have a sequel to this! i would love you for that! :D
Missladuree chapter 12 . 1/5/2011
So I think I shall be your 400th review. Fantastic story, different yet very interesting and I've just read it all in one sitting!
BookCaseGirl chapter 3 . 1/3/2011
He just came into the bathroom, shut the door behind him and sat next to her on the cold, tile floor.

LOVE how much of a rock Chuck is for her. This...the way he keeps her at bay, anchors her – I’m not sure if it’s how the line was meant to be interpreted, but it was sure how I interpreted it...It just really got me, heh.

more memories of Chuck and her making out on this bed, banging their heads against the wall on accident, having half-second fights that ended up in jewelry and butterfly confessions.

is it strange that I was having flashbacks too? Like, hardcore when the little flashback at the beginning was going on. I actually had to revisit episodes. lol. anyway, enough of my pointless rambles ;P

The pain that Blair is experiencing thus far in the fic is really affecting and gut-wrenching to me. You have a great knack for writing poetic sadness that is perfectly relatable somehow. I mean, it’s not exactly that I feel her pain, but given the way you describe her feelings, her thoughts, what she’s going through – I truly feel as if I’m there. I’m not sure if I’m really conveying this in the way I want to. Basically, I’m really connecting to this one – that could be either a good thing or bad thing (or both ;]) lol.

Okay, you hurt me. Big time. I just had so much trouble seeing sincerity in the middle of the chapter, when Chuck was trying to get Blair to open up and talk to him. Yeah, basically I doubted the whole thing and that was pretty painful. Still a good accomplishment on your part though, so congrats I s’pose ;P ha.

been too busy hallucinating about a Chuck that no longer existed.

my GOD what has happened to you with your rainbows and fluffy bunnies and happy endings! I mean, a big part of me loves this...I thrive on it – reading about misery. but another part is in awe, lol. Anyways, um yeah, this little line here was far too truthful and it made me cry. One lousy line. Hmph (again, congratulations...) hahahah.

Chuck's slanted eyes looked up at him. "That's not my fault," he said, standing to his feet.

Stupid jerk. Yes it is. *apologizes to chuck for calling him a stupid jerk, but slaps him nonetheless*

"If she doesn't love me anymore..." he sighed, "I don't understand why she wouldn't participate."

And it frustrates me to no end that he cannot see the pain she’s in. That he’s gone beyond ... what he might’ve considered playful lover’s banter. He’s crossed a line, and it’s so upsetting that he cannot see that. He better soon. *glares in general direction of Chuck* haha

I like this one, though this was not one of my best reviews by a long shot. I really really really did enjoy it though! Well-written as is the norm for you, and flowing, and it was fun to read. I mean, I’m not sure what else I can say at this point. You’re really building and building on a fabulous story here, dear. It’s wonderful, seriously :) Can’t wait to read more!

(Again, I apologize for the crappy review. Sucks. :[)
BookCaseGirl chapter 2 . 1/1/2011
"The shining white porcelain goddess was ever so tempting for her just a few feet away."

I like that. I like it a LOT...the bulimia's tempting her, drawing her back in. It's interesting that you'd put it that way - interesting in an amazing way, for sure.

"The thought of purging encouraged least feel that she'd done the best she could in perfecting herself for that day."

I enjoyed the...neurotic-ness and true insanity of the disease that you captured here. How that desire and what she’s convinced the eventual result of fulfilling it will be just completely drive her – we definitely never saw that in the show, and I’m not sure I’ve ever really thoroughly seen it in a fic. It’s a nice touch, definitely. Just layers Blair even more, let’s us explore her psyche, I guess you could say...I really like that :)

"flushed the toilet absentmindedly"

again, a great capturing of the mindset of a calculated someone can be when they’ve got the disorder (or really any sort of eating disorder or anything close to it), and how much of an out-of-body experience it can be sometimes. I know I’ve heard it described sometimes as someone feeling like they’re just watching themselves from afar as they drop weight, as they binge and purge endlessly. When you include lines like this one (and also the aforementioned), it definitely makes me even more able to picture her being this sort of person – detached, just doing it because it makes sense and is the most “sensible”...”organized” (in a weird way if that makes sense) thing to do.

She shouldn't be going there, she told herself. It would only equal agony, seeing the very reason everything had gone up in flames

Huh. This really brought to mind that scene in...I think it was season 2, where Blair mentions to Cyrus that “only a masochist could ever love such a narcissist” me, this shows Blair’s masochism – mostly because of the fact that she’s fully aware she shouldn’t be putting herself under this sort of stress and utter pain (especially given the fact that she’s just relapsed and really that’s a whole other can of beans), yet Blair STILL goes in search of that pain. That’s the definition of masochism – going in search of pain; and that’s exactly what Blair’s doing. Again, you’re making your audience privy to the many (perhaps more dark) layers of Blair’s personality; and also again, you’re showing us something we really don’t see too much of in the show. I like the depth that you’re going into with this – it’s very analytical of her personality in a way (at least if you’re a dork like me who sees stuff like that haha)

Okay, as I read, lines like ” her stomach coiled up tightly inside her,” “tightened the knots in Blair's stomach,” and “holding a tight grip over her stomach” really stood out to me, for two reasons: one, the correlation between her being around Chuck and how things happen with her stomach (the bulimia dispelling the “knots” that “coil up deep inside her” makes it seem like a more literal form of pain management for Blair); and two, it’s interesting to me that she’s so aware of what’s going on inside her stomach, as if it’s...becoming more a part of her subconscious brain, that she’d pay attention to it more or something. Ah, I feel like the second one doesn’t make sense. I mean, when we’re all in tough situations we know if our stomach is in knots or what have you; you sort of get it? Heh. I guess what I’m trying to say is it seems as the story goes on, Blair grows a little more attached to the feelings and certain rumblings in her stomach. Those lines...well, again, they definitely add an interesting element – one of sophistication, like I’ve mentioned before. It makes me think as I read, and it makes me analyze and wonder and predict and hypothesize. And well, sometimes that’s fun to do, even when I read for leisure :) hahahah.

"Chuck," she said weakly, "please, stop." The vulnerability in her was horrible for a situation like this, but she could not help but beg for it. She wanted so desperately for the Chuck she knew to come back to her. She hadn't seen that Chuck since Paris. She missed him.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, Blair," he said, ending the call.

Is it naïve and wrong for me to want to believe that he ended the call because he was starting to feel for Blair again? Because that was totally what I caught from really was. And it made me swoon and want to PUNCH him at the same time. Just...because...grrrrr, stupid Chuck (only .0001% of the time ;)). But she missed him and wanted the old, kind, good Chuck back – I’m sure some of that came off in her voice, and Chuck must have heard that, and then maybe something inside him broke? Ahh, I can hope! lol.

You have a knack for beautifully breaking end-lines. Mentioning the “looming porcelain goddess” – well, you’ve got yourself a symbol there, for sure. Shows the darkness a purge brings Blair (from the downfall), and the allure it has in the beginning (it will make her feel pretty)...really, it’s like a character from Greek mythology in a way...often a “porcelain goddess” would be unbelievably pretty and essentially put everyone under her spell...well really, that’s what the porcelain goddess (representing the purge) is to’s the beautiful temptress that always seduces her back into bulimia. Really, that’s a fantastic little nick-name; it holds a lot of meaning, and people could really go in any direction with could symbol so much more than what I said. Again, a sign of amazing sophistication in your writing – I’m jealous, again :P hehehe ;)

It was a fabulous second chapter! Definitely getting better and better as I read, and I can’t wait to continue the story :D
BookCaseGirl chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I enjoyed the angst. I enjoyed the pain. I enjoyed the gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, horrifiying sadness that this brought out in me. Wow, okay, that sounded like it came from someone in an institution. Ha. Anyway, I was simply trying to be creative.

First, let me say how amazing I think it is that you've really extended the boundaries of what you write - the genres that you're comfortable with. I remember when you just always hated reading any angst I wrote and you said "well it's always got to have a happy ending". While I am sure by the end of this story, there'll be a happy ending (I'm hoping, hoping, anyway), for this chapter, there wasn't. I think it's so wonderful that this was, as you said, so hard for you to write, yet that it turned out so well. I mean, you'd swear you were born to write this stuff. Even though it was difficult, the normalcy of fabulousness that's usually in your fics was totally there!

Second. Blair's fear? Her doubt? Her second-guessing Chuck and hoping he wasn't ACTUALLY the person he'd seemingly become? oh my god, I think you just wrote my feelings and characterized ME when that whole thing happened on the show. (though that was mostly because I was positive Blair had to have been feeling the same thing). You always have Blair's emotions down so well - every single one of them. You pinpoint each minuscule shift from slightly upset and worried to panicked and insane with sadness to the point of a horrible relapse (of emotions, don't misunderstand, I totally get she didn't...y'know, yet haha). I mean, those flashbacks and remembering his declarations of love - they brought tears to my eyes. The things that had once brought Blair so much joy were what contributed to her fall (in regards to the bulimia) - and I think your creating that sort of connection also shows a definite sophistication in your amazing writing.

Third: The metaphor at the end? Um, basically, I adoredd that. May I steal it and like, write it and post it on my walls and stare at it every day? (even though it's really depressing, quite honestly). But honestly, do you come up with this stuff? I'm jealous, I really am. You're so incredibly talented, and the way that you put words together and come up with such flowing beauteous art is...baffling to me. It's rare that I see that on fanfiction, you're definitely one of the best here. BE PROUD of this :)

(Moves on to chapter 2)...

WAIT. Someone forgot to do their favorite quotes!

He'd been furious at the time and had only been feeding the angry emotion from that moment on surely, but there had to be some part of him that still felt for her.

He stood to his feet and walked towards her. "Who knows what my limits are?" he said airily, sounding quite sure of himself. "I'm not going to stop until you have nothing." - Okay, so here I began hurting, a lot :( really is scary to think that Chuck doesn't have feelings for Blair anymore; honestly one of the scariest things. :( this wasn't necessarily a quote, I guess. I liked the linking back you did at the end. At the beginning it was "...saw ugly. She saw not enough. She saw worthless," and then at the end, you re-iterated this idea (and really the general atmosphere of the whole chapter [and story, i'm sure]) "She'd never felt so…ugly. not enough. worthless." I mean, it's a pretty basic thing to do, but I still felt the need to mention it. It really makes the story neat (organizational wise), and very symmetrical, if that makes sense. It is something I always like to see, so...yay :)

Like I said...AMAZING so far. Have I mentiond how PROUD you should be? Cause you should - so far, I think this might be the best of yours I've read. Yes I say that a lot, but this time I honestly mean it.
candyredlove chapter 12 . 12/24/2010
omg this story made me cry! thank you so much for writing this, it made my day!
JuseaPeterson chapter 12 . 10/31/2010
Wow, that was so good. I love how you set the epilogue a month later and the way you describe the past month of how Chuck and Blair are. I'm glad that she didn't forgive him and pull him back right away, but let him know at all times how she felt about everything.

I think you did an amazing job with his gift and the promises that are tied to it.

I actually think this was a perfect ending to the story. He had done so much that it just wouldn't be right if they were together again right away. But in here you allude to the fact that they can be together again, it's just going to be after lots of time and healing is done.

Great job on this chapter and the whole story. I enjoyed reading it.