Reviews for When Gods get Playful and Greedy
kittykatTim chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Great story. Love Ista's POV.
Duncan Idaho Atreides chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Awesome! And funny!
GoldenRoya chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
The son of "Lupe" is "Canis"? ~ Ooh, bad pun, baaaad. :D

"This is the fourth time he's died, after all. With so much rehearsal, how could the real thing not have a packed audience?" ~ Indeed, Illvin. And I'll bet half of them are there just to see if this death sticks, or if he'll shake it off at the last minute like he did the rest.

"'Was that really necessary?' Ista thought crossly at her God, not expecting a reply.

'But of course, sweet tart Ista. You know I hate to share.'" ~ *smirk* That line has the Bastard all over it. Poor Ista...

"Promise me that if anything like this happens at my funeral, you will shoot the bird." ~ LOL! I first read this fic months ago, and I've still got this line bouncing through my head!

Brava! A wonderful Bujold-esque fic that I could well imagine showing up in a future novel!
Bookish Brownie chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
This was a very nice story. It makes the most sense to me for Caz to be taken up by the Daughter, but the two gods fighting over him was an inventive touch. I really liked that it was all from Ista's point of view.
KBooklover chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I want to echo the previous reviewers, and add:

One of the best last lines ever!
NanC chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Love this idea! Very good vignette.
Sefiriot chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Excellent story, and lovely idea! You've got Ista, Illvin and the Bastard's voices down pat.

There are some nits to pick though: I'd assume at this point that it's set some time after Paladin of Souls right? Well in Curse of Chalion Royesse is the equivalent of Princess, so Iselle should be *Royina* Iselle, not Royesse. As for Bergon- he'd probably be Roya-Consort by now; I doubt that the Fox lived quite that long- Cazaril was healed and mostly healthy by the end of Curse of Chalion, and seemed well enough in Paladin of Souls, and thus could be expected to live on for quite a few years. The same could not be said for the Fox, who was already an old man in Curse of Chalion.

And IDK about precendence of mourners at funerals in the Chalionverse; I'll have to reread Curse at some point to refresh on that score, but I'd think that Betriz and her son, as Caz's immediate and closest kin would be the chief mourners and take precedence before even Iselle and her family. Just saying though, and with that, the image of the Daughter defending her stake on Caz in the face of the Bastard's reckless challenge, and the honour thus shown to Cazaril's worthy soul is awesome.
AngusH chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Great! Sad, but not too sad.

The difficulty of dividing everyone neatly into 5 categories does seem to be something of a problem...

I wonder if this has happened before in that universe?