Reviews for Wishing You Weren't Here
Ms. Sleepy Clover chapter 23 . 3/7/2019
She is only 18 not 30... So shes got another decade yet...
ESPINA chapter 24 . 3/21/2015
ME GUSTA MUCHO TU ISTORIA
TheGoldman chapter 3 . 6/3/2014
I guess you could say those darkspawn ... croaked.
Merilsell chapter 27 . 8/23/2011
LMAO xD

I'm almost through with your delicious journey of brilliant insanity, giggling like an insane lyrium addict while reading...but the Dalish chapter in particular let me stop and write a review. SO MUCH LULZ for a Dalish freak like me.

Gosh, there is the super busy Zathrian -who get called all but THAT by Merran- trying to make them come back later when there is no "Dalish Craft and Crafting Exposition". The Aravel made out of toothpicks made me giggle so hard. Then there is their categorizing of Shemlen made of rock, four leg shemlen etc xD Lanaya nearly throwing herself at Alistair, the cursed elves behaving like dogs and you completely lost me at the one elf sniffing at Alistair's crotch. xD

"You're just Shemlen – you're expendable." Lol.

And OMG the Were-Hippies and Zathrian's kids turning into hippies as well xD It's such a nice change to see the treaties handled like that,because Creators know, my take on the Dalish will be a little angst-party with lot of tears, frustration and all that ugly stuff. So I thoroughly enjoyed the another, special take on it.

Your awesome humor aside, I love how you sprinkle serious moments into all this and in a well fitting timing, too. It flows all seamlessly and the inner thought processes of the characters only add to this. And the character development is love. I admire Alistair that he had come from wanting to strangle Merran to kissing her...and maybe strangle her afterwards xD I loved their slow development of coming to terms with each other, really. I certainly know now how my reader feel, as they wait and wait and WAIT for the first kiss. *snickers* Because I did the same. It was really cute when it then happened, though *d'aww*

And then his attempt to ask Merran to sleep with him, while she had long fallen asleep? Priceless. Merran is without a doubt one of the best and most interesting Warden I have read about, because she is soo different from the other Warden's in the stories here, period. She really is a special little snowflake xD Which I mean in no case in a MS-way, but more in a hilarious girlish-insane, but also thoughtful and likable way. It makes me want to cuddle her, even though I most likely end up as a frog then. Lol.

I know that I'll love you forever (in a totally non-creepy way) for this story and the million giggles it brought me (so far)...and I haven't even read the sequel ;) Yay, for moar insanity when I'm done with that story. xD

Meri
JayRain chapter 33 . 7/27/2011
Okay, wow. Just wow. In between all of the slapstick shenanigans there are these moments of sheer anguish and beauty that are just breathtaking. I loved what you did with the various characters, and how none of them were one-dimensional; they all had some sort of complexity to them. Jowan was the real wild card at the end, and that was a card well-played. Alistair's development throughout this piece was dynamic and well-done, and he came across as irritating, endearing, loving... and more all at the same time. The humorous tone lightened the tedium of the main quests, while affording the characters time to shine of their own right.

Curious what exactly has happened at the very end. Bah, nug poop. I'll just have to read the sequel, won't I. Bravo, Champion, bravo :)
JayRain chapter 21 . 7/24/2011
Lothering Heights? This makes me so happy. Just had to mention that.
JayRain chapter 15 . 7/21/2011
Just popping by to let you know how much I'm still enjoying this story. The strength lies in the characterizations. I've loved seeing some of the darker side of Merran; it makes her more complex. And your treatment of Alistair is excellent at painting him as a deeper individual than what we see on the surface. The ritual with Isolde was surprising, yet handled very, very well. And I like how you keep bringing in the reality of Alistair's templar training to the situations.

Nice work, and looking forward to reading more!
MsBarrows chapter 22 . 7/17/2011
The inner monologue part has me grinning from ear to ear. Brilliantly written! *SNORK*
MsBarrows chapter 7 . 7/17/2011
Ahahaha, loved the end of this chapter. Greatly enjoying reading this story so far, it's nice to see a really well done comedic take on the DA:O story line.
JayRain chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I do intend to read the entire story, but thought I'd drop a line to let you know how much I love it so far. The humor is brilliant without being goofy, the character voices are snappy and clever, and Maker's breath, Merran is hysterical. Yet she manages to be this way without being obnoxious; she is both happy-go-lucky and deeply insightful/thoughtful at the same time. Easily one of the best original characters I've ever read. Now. Onward!
naomis8329 chapter 33 . 6/30/2011
Just read this story from start to finish and I loved it. About to read the sequel and can't wait.

So Merran is about to come back and as what I wonder lol. Hopefully a human and not a dwarf.

Thanks for sharing hun, thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed so much it hurt.

Take care

Naomi
Dreadedfemale chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
yay! this was very funny. well written characters and "Heal me!" loved this!
Taffia chapter 11 . 2/2/2011
i"Are you nuts?" Alistair demanded. "Yes, stupid question. You are nuts. You'd let an assassin do that to you?"

"He could do that to you, too. You don't have to feel left out."/i

...You, madam, are intent to make us all snort our tea, aren't you? ;) I love how you manage to balance the humor, giving us enough to keep us laughing but not so much that the plot of the story gets totally lost and ridiculous. Sheer brilliance.
millahnna chapter 27 . 1/30/2011
SO first I started reading the sequel and then realized it was a sequel and that this was why I was so confused. Then I went backwards and started on this and I managed to make it this far keeping my laughter to mostly giggles. And then I got to this chapter and lost my friggin mind. You have somehow managed to turn the entire storyline on its ear and yet still hit the major beats. I laughed I cried, I choked on my own spit. Oi!

There is something very, very wrong with your brain. And I mean that as a most sincere compliment. Keep up the crazy.
fifespice chapter 21 . 1/26/2011