Reviews for Spiral
kiddo09 chapter 11 . 12/2/2012
Sentimental status: waiting for a new ch of Spiral and NTY
Leoboz chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
Loved it :3
Guest chapter 11 . 10/30/2012
Amazing! that's all I could say please u have to update soon!
pregar chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
This is the first time when I'm glad that I've seen that (boring) season 1 of k-on. Quite the emotional roller coaster, this fiction. And really well written.
You concentrate a lot on people's interaction, which is great, but maybe a little bit more of background description wouldn't be bad.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/31/2012
omg I just spent the past few days reading this whole story, nonstop. I'm so hooked on this Spiral it's not even funny! I don't think I've obsessed over a fanfic, or even a story, this much, ever! I don't have a favorite character, because I love them all. They're each so unique and so dynamic that I find it hard to call them fictional characters. It's like they are actual human beings. You also did an amazing job with Azusa's growth, developing into this wounded savior readers can sympathize with. I can just go on and on about how much I love this story, but really this story has such an incredible death one would not expect from a k-on story.

Please update soon! Meanwhile I'm going to loop Listen because, girl, you really brought the sexiness of that song to a whole different level.
potatoproblems chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
i absolutely love you for writing this! i wish i found it sooner, either way thank you for writing this.
Love your
2takuya chapter 11 . 8/21/2012
Ok, I think I fell in love, I really do. This story is amazing, and I was trying so hard not to cry or something at some parts, cause everyone else was asleep, and it was really late(or maybe early?) and that just made it all the harder... but anyways, I hope you continue the story, cause it's an amazing one!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/16/2012
Really enjoy the story, and would like to see how Ritsu copes with the fact she defiled Azusa.
loyal fan chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
I was listening to my k-on songs today and I immediately thought of Spiral when I heard Tokimeki Sugar and in particular the concert bit in this chapter. Hearing it makes me feel so nostalgic and reminds me how much I love this story. Please update as soon as you can :')
Netherdrake chapter 8 . 7/9/2012
err im very confused here... but im gonna say, this story is awesome D
Guest chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
oh my gawd its ui! thanks!
imuffinator chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
From the moment that I discovered this story when preparing for my physics exam last month...I was just surprised.I had been falling in love with the show K-ON and all of the characters at the time, but this story just managed to reinforce it all. I love the way that you describe each scene because I can feel the tension and emotions of each character. I do not mind waiting for any future updates because this story is worth waiting for. You have inspired me to learn to play K-ON songs and write my own fanfictions (Which is saying something since your other work "No,Thank You" has also added to the inspiration and I am usually not easily inspired). I completely admire what it is that you are writing and I am anxiously waiting to find out what will happen next in this amazing story! You have truly blown me away with your style of writing.
ookami desu chapter 11 . 5/23/2012
I love your writing. It stirred something in me. And now, I feel it sinful if I do not write a K-ON story myself.
bcbb1d5d chapter 11 . 5/21/2012
Wooahh! You write like God! Ooh, really, the story line is so complicate but you do it so easy to understand, and so interesting!

Wahhh, yes... This is so amazing

I love your work

Have a nice day! (ー)ノ
InsertCatchphrase chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
(Cont)

Ritsu is probably the character we really know the most about, and to a degree she feels like a walking contradiction. She manages to be both playful and vindictive at the same time. Both cheerful and mournful. Both open and secretive. It can be really hard to tell what is a facade and what is real with her, which makes her really interesting. I think that it's hard to really judge her character before she's really opened up, and that hasn't quite happened yet.

Yui, despite being the main focus of HTT, we really don't have that much information on, like Tsumugi. It feels like her cold exterior has touched her interior in some ways, yet now that she's with Azusa, somebody that she can fully love and who can fully love her back, that exterior is slowly fading into the kind of Yui that we know from canon- an empathetic girl who really cares about her friends and doesn't want any harm to come to them. We also know that the dark exterior really exists both as a result of pain (over what pain exactly we can't be sure- it may be primarily over Ui's illness, but she was already starting to implode after her stepfather's death) and guilt, which she tries to drown out through anti-depressants. That's about it for now. Like Ritsu, pretty well constructed, but we'll have to see more from sure before I can really come to a concrete judgment.

Azusa rounds out our cast. She comes from a rather formal background; one that she partially accepted, but more out of necessity than anything. It was just all she knew. She felt extremely powerless and out of place, with her own life being completely out of her control.

Hence, when she saw HTT, people who seemed so passionate and able to drive their own lives, she became enthralled. And of course, that hero-worship turned into shock once she found out what they were really like. But due to pressure from the others (led on by Yui), she was forced to stick around, and she began to really feel for these people. She seems to have, in a way, found them a bit like her- lost and needing somebody to help fix them. And thus, she has turned that into her goal and purpose, with also having fallen in love with Yui; a girl who has the passion that she had always missed from her own life, and yet has something very important missing in her, just like Azusa.

She's a fantastic protagonist, and you did a great job with her characterization. She feels deep, she feels human, and she's really fascinating to follow. My only real complaint regarding her is that it feels like she kind of slips into the HTT routine a bit too easily. Despite her "go with the flow" lifestyle and ambivalence (if not slight distaste) for her conservative household, it is all she knows. And this new hedonistic lesbian harem that is the relationships that HTT have with each other should just be something that she truly can't handle at first. But overall, it isn't enough to disrupt my enjoyment of her character all that much.

The romance between all of the character is quite interesting and believable, with one exception that I'll get to later. Overall, I feel for all the parties involved- I can buy the way that they would all fall in love with each other; out of jealousy, necessity, or just pure romantic adoration. At times it's cute, at times it's a bit eerie, but most of all: it feels thoroughly human.

The only exception is Yui and Azusa's relationship. It just feels like it happens way too fast, with not enough actual buildup. There's some moments of passion, and then they're suddenly in love, even if they don't realize it at first. It feels artificial to me, which makes it incredibly out of place with all these other complex relationships.

Now, finally, onto the technical writing aspect of the story.

Your writing is pretty good. You don't have many typos, which is a rarity in fanfiction writing. Your word choice is usually effective, though you have a tendency to lean towards purple prose (I've always hated the usage of "orbs" instead of "eyes". It just feels pretentious to me). That usage of purple prose can at times make the writing seem a bit more melodramatic than necessary, which is really harmful given the plot. The descriptions are relatively effective- I can typically visualize the scenes quite well, although they were a bit more vivid in the beginning, before the story took a form. Now it feels more like they're put in out of necessity than anything else- simply more basic and bare. You overall have a good grasp of how people talk, and your dialogue is well spoken and well structured- the people don't feel robotic at all when they speak.

On a whole, despite a couple minor complaints, the writing is extremely solid.

That's pretty much this story as a whole- it has its flaws, but it is a multilayered and thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I'm excited to see what direction it takes next.
485 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »