Reviews for Somewhere That's Green
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Good story and... okay, you're not going to believe all of these coincidences now. I can't at least, but I've got to tell you before I explode.

1. You wrote about The Handmaid's Tale, a book I just read. Good coincidence.

2. Your title and the song quoted are from my favorite fandom to write about, "Little Shop of Horrors". Bigger coincedence...

3. Your name's Laura and so is mine. No friggin joke! HUGE coincidence now! Oh God, this is freaky but COOL! _

Okay, now onto a real review. Sorry, but wow! Okay, I like the idea of an alternative ending to the story, possibly a happier one, but this seemed a bit rushed and unrealistic. I mean, I could understand Luke and Offred being happy to be reunited, but there's so much under the surface from her... if anything, this makes me think there's more of a story to tell after this. And forgetting their first daughter? They both loved her, Offred especially shows that.

Sorry to be critical there. It was such a contrast. But you overall started out beautifully, and all those coincidences made me hooked to keep reading.

See you around!

*S. Snowflake
aaalways chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I so wish this was how it ended! Although if they could have also got their daughter back that would have been even better. But anyway! Love this!
EricaLumiere chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
It's nice, but it's too short. You should definately expand, go into some detail.
Marauder-girl chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
This is quite sweet although I should have probably red the WHOLE of the Handmaids tale before reading this! I'm glad Offred found happiness!
Streetlight Silence chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
*Applause* I just finished the book and I'm craving fanfic. Thank you. You did a winderful job. Just a quick suggestion, tell us about Luke's flight from Gilead.
penguins chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
ok story - you should build it up more. but shucks, i'm more the offred and nick relationship, lol (luke died in my mind). if you get around to making a fanfic about that - that'd be pretty cool. ) but other than that, good try.
The Dying Poet chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
I'm just too lazy to sign in...oh well. I like your ending, it's a much happier note than Atwood's but it really wouldn't have fit in the novel even though I think her's was a bit rushed. I was reeling after reading it. I love your fic, write on! (has a penchant for really bad, unwitty puns.)
Hecate Silvermoon chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Yay! someone else who has wriiten a Handmaid's tale story! I liked the original ending, I thought it was ambiguous enough to stay true to Offred. (Or should I say June? I think that's her real name. if you look at the first chapter June is the only Hanmaid who is not mentioned twice.) But this was good! Read mine please! hehe!