Reviews for Love the Way You Lie
heralderofspringtime chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Who sung this song? There are a few different songs with this title.

Thanks!
glitterr chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Great, great story. Beautifully written.
hearttorn chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I'm so glad you wrote this and put these facts out there. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for 3 years - something I always swore I'd never do, letting a man control my life. Looking back on it, I see now how he wore me down, slowly, bit by bit, day by day, until at the end, I no longer even remembered who I used to be. We worked for the same company, so getting out of it was horrible. I went to therapy, took a year off dating. I finally felt up to getting back into the dating pool again, so I joined . I found a guy who, on the surface of things, was the exact opposite of my ex. We were together only 6 months before he became physically abusive. This time, I didn't listen to excuses, I filed for, and got, a protective order. But he appealed, and kept appealing all the way to the state Supreme Court. Instead of just leaving me alone for the year the original order called for, I had to fight him for two long, drawn out years in court. And at the end? He won his appeal, based on lack of evidence, since the police showed up too late to photograph the wounds from his attack. I decided after all that, it just wasn't worth it. I'd much rather be alone than be with someone who values me so little. I'm putting this out here so that other women know, it happens to everyone. It can happen to ANYONE. I certainly never thought it would happen to me. I was educated, independent, successful. But in the end, none of that can truly save you. You can only save yourself, if you can truly see your relationship, and who you're with, for what they really are. The first sign of trouble, don't listen to excuses. Get the f*ck out of there. Change your locks, get some pepper spray, be aware of your surroundings, and do something most women have trouble doing - put YOURSELF first.
Lucius00 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
thx that was interesting, I read some about the subject

I am glad that you chose this issue to show in your story:)

btw love the song
msbuffi chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Excellent story, and thank you so much for writing this. To this day, there are too many women (and even men)living in these horrific situations that believe themselves to be all alone, and that there is nowhere for them to go, even if protection for them has grown expotentially in the last 30 years and continues present day. As a past active-advocate, I've seen every form of this abhorrent crime; be it physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. It all amounts to the same thing - one individual seeking power over another to the point where the abused individual no longer believes they have a right to anything - they have no affect, they are the ones in the wrong. The abuser is seeking nothing but power, just as a rapist does, however; in the case of the abuser they are seeking power of their victims' entire lives & psyches.

These abused individuals need to know there is someplace for them to go, and family members as well as friends need to speak up, even at the cost of losing a friendship/relationship. At the worst, it can be a healthy hate for awhile, but the cost of one life saved makes it worth fighting for even if the friendship/relationship suffers. These abused individuals need to be empowered to learn that they ARE NOT victims; they ARE Survivors. There is a huge difference. Survivors will make it with the help of therapy and some can turn their lives around by becoming advocates and helping those that are still suffering the same fate. Just as the recovering alcoholic or recovering addict prays for the ones out there that are still suffering, so shall we all pray for those out there still suffering from their entrapment in a world of silent screams, tears, and fear of the unknown timebomb waiting to go off again.

I applaud your efforts with this story, and your continued work as an advocate. You have my gratitude for it. One suggestion though; one cannot stay long in the active advocacy for these victims before it begins to eat you alive. You may need to step away for for awhile. It does not mean that you're no longer an advocate - you're just taking a break from being active. It truly is important for your own emotional health.

Once again, I am humbled and grateful by your efforts, and I thank you for such an excellent story on this plight on behalf of abused folks out there wondering how they got into the messes as those they are facing.

With Warmest Regards,

msbuffy
s.n.seif chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
great story!
TMart37 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Wonderful story. Thank you.
elle768 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
You wrote about a very difficult subject! Which I'm sure took a lot of courage. Beautifully written
meyou744 chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
oh i loved this one do a they are here now and hope Eric and Sookie end up together happy married
JanineMNM chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
IMO, this is a hard subject to write about w/out either glossing over details or sinking into over-wrought drama (think Lifetime on crack). I think you hit a nice balance & touched on some important points- the victim-blaming, cycle of violence, difficulty getting out, to name a few- in a short space. So glad Sookie was one of the fortunate ones.

Also, I love a smart Jason.
Sassyvampmama chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This was a really good story. I like how you made it Quinn instead of Bill, as most people do. Though I do not like Bill in any form, I also don't think that it would be within his ability to harm Sookie physically. I would love to see a continuation for this story.
Miss Construed chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
I read this awhile ago, and neglected to review apparently.

You did a great job with an incredibly difficult subject, and it was written beautifully.

Best of luck in the contest!
Honeypop chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Just when I thought I couldn't hate Quinn more than I do already...

Great story, brilliant writing, as always. Loved the flashbacks, it worked really well. Of course, particularly loved the happy ending.

Tough subject, fantastically tackled. Well done. Good luck in the contest! : )
bebeschtroumph chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Really awesome! I think you did an excellent job with a very difficult subject.
Elbly chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Fantastic story! Can't really say more than that.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »