Reviews for We, In Defiance
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
I was kind of hoping things would go AU in the beginning with all the defiance that was going on, but in any case the progression from resoluteness to despair and desperation really made sense. How the heck would you pitch the concept for the Hunger Games to the first generation? It becomes more and more obvious that it's an institution of control as this thing progresses and it's immensely satisfying to see righteous rebellion finally making a comeback. You handle the emotion of this masterfully and effectively without ever seeming overly sentimental, and your understanding social psychology and government engineering is really astute.

To be honest, the first Hunger Games book was the only one I really liked. The second one had some good parts, but it led into the third, which I loathed. Collins seemed to know what she was trying to say in the first book, and to some extent in the second. The third made some worthy points, but it also de-evolved into a dissertation of 'life sucks', which seriously irked me. So I like how the focus of your fic is pretty much on the first book.
deletedd0621 chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Chilling, gorgeous, sparse enough to be effective and a great insight into the psychology of it all.
Hilariter chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Whoo. This is reading really deeply into the books, and I am thoroughly impressed, both with your analysis and your writing. It's a very interesting take on the progression of history in Panem and extremely gifted way of expressing it. Powerful. The mention of the tenth games was especially chilling.

Seriously, from the heart, kudos.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
amazing. awe-inspiring. a battle cry - a cry of despair and rage and hope and defiance all at once. lovely, lovely work.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was very interesting. The way it was written was very cool.

Well done!
Rivergift chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Defiance indeed. Raging passionate beauty in there, absolutely amazing job!
Abject Tears chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Beautiful and angry.
k123 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
This was gorgeous. I just finished Mockingjay, and this kept the tone of the book very well. I like how you went back to the first games to the later ones. Great job!
Ayala Atreides chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Wow! A very powerful short fic in a nicely simple format. Very well done.
Not Here 2010 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Whoa. That was . . . amazing. Riveting and eerie as well.
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
This is just...wow. Riveting and fascinating, and I love how the Declaration intersects with the story. It's very eerie, and totally appropriate.

A very well done fic :)

-Kayla
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I really like the way you intercut the historical progress of the Games with the bolded 'declaration of independence'.
bitterindigo chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Wow.

That was slightly creepy and slightly beautiful and more than slightly accurate and I just favorited it.

...